Career Step Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Stephen Tober

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Career Step full-time

Pros

1. A company mission that actually means I'm helping to change people's lives for good.
    2. Caring and open management
    3. Amazing co-workers
    4. Fun work environment
    5. Flexibility
    6. Great pay and benefits
    7. Workout Wednesdays!
    8. Our gym
    9. Lunches
    10. Beautiful office environment.

In summary, I love my job and love coming to work. That hasn't always been the case.

Cons

1. The environment can sometimes be too laid back. We need a greater sense of urgency.
    2. Management is top heavy...too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Remember that we are here for you.

2. "Amazing environment with awesome people"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Provo, UT

I worked at Career Step full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic coworkers and caring management

Cons

The same as any rapidly growing company - there are a lot of growing pains and sometimes you end wearing too many hats.

Advice to Management

Be more positive when speaking with your employees. We had several meetings about slumping sales where everybody but the management was blamed. That doesn't help morale.

3. "You can't soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys!"

I worked at Career Step full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really loved the company when I started but didn't last, encourages working out, buys lunch regularly. The love faded when the make up came off.

Cons

Management does not listen to employees, but then again it is ran by managers and not Leaders. If you are not part of the cliches you are targeted heavily. Management never aknowledges successes, only worried about any negative aspect they can find, managed by fear. Health insurance is well below average

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, I see that in just about all the reviews. Everything I ever brought to a manager was completely ignored wether it hindered productivity or was unethical it was completely ignored. Executives invest in management training courses, managers could benefit greatly from them could use them!

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Development in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Software Development in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Career Step full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've loved working for Career Step in the time that I've been here. There is always plenty of work to be done and I'm kept plenty busy but the company works very hard to allow all its employees to maintain a good work-life balance. Great strides have been made in improving our technologies and processes and we have a lot of fun at work.

Cons

I find myself doing things a lot that aren't necessarily part of the job description I was given when I was hired. This is a smaller company going through some of the growing pains of transitioning into a much bigger company and sometimes that leads us to have to fill in areas and roles that we wouldn't necessarily expect or desire initially

5. "Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk/Payroll in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk/Payroll in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Career Step full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Career Step has been and is an outstanding company to work for. I have been in the accounting department for the past eight years now. I have had nothing but a positive experience with both the duties expected from me as well as the opportunity to work with great colleagues.

Cons

I have sometimes been asked to step outside of my comfort zone and to take on new responsibilities but this really has been in my best interest, as it has given me the opportunity to grow. The drive is just a bit farther than I would like to drive but very doable and has easy access to the interstate.

Advice to Management

Please keep up what you are doing. Your personal interest in your employees is obvious by the actions that are taken in their best interests. Your constant effort to bring better opportunities to your employees in both career and personal aspects is evident and greatly appreciated.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Career Step part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career Step really seems to value its employees.
    Great atmosphere.
    The people that work there are great.
    Free lunch once a month.
    The office building is beautiful.
    Very community oriented.

Cons

I honestly don't have any negative things to say about Career Step.

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Career Step full-time

Pros

The company is growing both organically and through acquisitions. This creates opportunity for personal and professional growth. The culture is employee focused and that makes it a great place to work. New offices at Lehi Station are outstanding and conveniently located. Management team has employee interest at heart.

Cons

We work hard and some people don't like to work hard. But we play hard too!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Career Step is the Bee's Knees"

I have been working at Career Step full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career Step is a great place to work. The executive management team is very in tune with what the company and individual employees need. They are transparent, approachable, and have built a great company with a fantastic culture. Since our CEO started he's had set goals for the company. It's been incredibly rewarding to see those goals come to pass. We are one of the best places to work for in Utah and growing in sales year after year. The company has great benefits and fun activities. We do a work out day twice a month and the miles ran, walked, or biked have a cash value that is donated to local charities. We have great holiday parties and invite families in for different events. We have a beautiful facility that's completely state of the art in an incredible location. Career Step is a great place to work and most importantly the employees are all passionate about what they do.

Cons

They do not have maternity or paternity leave. instead they offer short term disability options. Since it's a small, yet growing company, there aren't as many career opportunities. However, each year I have been here the company has grown which has provided more career growth opportunities.

9. "Best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Career Step full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here for about 4 years now and this is honestly the best company I've ever worked for! I can see myself being here for quite some time. The culture is amazing, the people are great, and I LOVE what I do. In my experience it's rare to find a company that cares so much about the people, and that's from top level management down. The other great thing is that we're continuing to grow as a company and with that comes growth opportunities from within.

Cons

Let's get a personal masseuse in here...I really have no complaints at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about the people and you'll continue to get people working hard for you day in and day out.

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Vice President Corporate Development in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President Corporate Development in Lehi, UT

Pros

Great culture, hard working co workers, great management team, great products, concern for work life balance

Cons

none worth noting, it is a great place to work