Career Training Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Poor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Career Training Academy full-time

Pros

The teachers at the campus cared about the students. Job placement coordinators would go above and beyond to place students.

Cons

Typical corporate owned school. It's all about selling students and making quotas. There is no placement test therefore the admissions staff would accept students they know could barely read simply so they could meet there quota.

Advice to Management

My advice to manage is to manage employees. Motivate your employees by making them feel like they are making a difference not simply selling students to "buy" your tuition.

2. "Adjunct instructor"

I worked at Career Training Academy part-time

Pros

Great way to help people learn the craft they want to build a career on.

Cons

Some students were not there for the right reasons and didn't really care to actually learn making the job harder.

Advice to Management

Management was good, program directors were passionate about teach in their specific discipline and would help whenever you need them to.

3. "Utter disorder"

Pros

The admissions reps and career placement employees genuinely care about their students.

Cons

There is zero structure to the company. No one knows who's in charge or what is going on. The staff turnover was happening so often you never knew who was working there.

5. "Great work life balance"

Former Employee - Resume Writer in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Resume Writer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Career Training Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very nice company to work for. Great people and management. Equal rules to all.

Cons

Cons: slow growth but assured work life balancr and work satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Not bad. Keep going.

6. "I'm glad that the ownership has changed, the industry will benefit."

Former Employee - Okay for Students, Poor Choice for Teachers
    Former Employee - Okay for Students, Poor Choice for Teachers

Pros

I'm sure that this is a much better place to work now that the ownership has changed. They have made some great strides since my employment and I look forward to a higher quality of graduate.

Cons

Management was horrible. Complience was a concern as well as the regular ad hominum attacks from campus directors which continued well beyond the terms of my employment. Previous owner lacked the wherewithal to face or to make the necessary changes.

Advice to Management

Under new ownership, I expect to see great changes. Already, the changes in management bode well for the future of the school. Remember, the student is your cleint, as is the employer the graduates will work with, and the clients of the employer are all your clients. Think about the full life cycle of your gradutates and the effect that has on your brand. Remember that the business you just purchased did not have the best image in the community. I would suggest touting the "new ownership" and having a new grand opening after you have cleaned up the problems.