KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CareerArc Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

Found 43 of over 46 reviews

4.1
CareerArc Chairman/CEO Robin D. Richards (no image)
Robin D. Richards
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great leadership and culture

Mar 29, 2021 - Senior Client Success Manager in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment at CareerArc is very productive and fast-paced. You get a chance to make an impact and grow every day. I value a workplace that offers you opportunities, challenges you, and rewards hard work. CareerArc's leadership team does this, and I never feel bored. I'm constantly learning, striving to do better, and I feel my work is important. I'm surrounded by really intelligent people that respect one another. The team is great, and we enjoy having fun together. We have watercoolers just for fun, team events as we can (even virtually), and really get to know one another as humans. Humor is one of our team values. We recently added some new health benefits that I appreciate. Our customers are fantastic to work with and there's not too much fire fighting in our role which can be hard to find so I really appreciate that!

Cons

With growth comes change. I don't see this as a con, but some others may. If you're looking for a steady-paced environment without a lot of change this isn't the place for you. If you're adaptable and see opportunities in a challenge then you'll be just fine! Compensation and PTO are average.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing organization with top leadership and PLENTY of opportunity

May 4, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Focused and driven leadership that are guiding the company on a strong growth path - Collaborative team - Cross-functional transparency - There is a large internal shift happening in the culture and the product which makes it an exciting time to be involved in building from the group up

Cons

Workload can be heavy, but the advantages outweigh this when you want to gain experience and build your career in an innovative environment.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for!

Mar 26, 2021 - Senior Client Success Manager in Marlborough, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Client Success team is amazing. Very supportive co-workers with different areas of expertise all moving in the same direction. Management is great. Tons of personal development and training opportunity. Internal mobility is a strong suite, currently in my third role since starting in 2014. Pay is comparable or higher to similar companies in my area.

Cons

The benefits could be a little bit better in my opinion.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Promising product with wonderful team members

Mar 29, 2021 - Marketing in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

CareerArc has a very promising product with great features. Team members are wonderful to work with. Corporate culture is diverse and very collaborative.

Cons

401k without Match. But it is typical for a smaller company, not a deal-breaker.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company all around

May 29, 2020 - Business Development in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They provide you all the tools you need to succeed. The leaders are successful for a reason. They show you what works and all you need to do is follow it. Pretty simple as long as you can maintain confidence and not let bad interactions or negativity get into your head. A few of those and it can spiral you into a drought of negativity and you will be unable to be happy when hopping into new conversations with prospective clients. I believe that positivity,happiness,and encouragement can turn reps from doing badly to thriving.

Cons

None, but there can always be more encouragement of reps, even if they are not doing well. Focusing on what reps are doing wrong can have a negative effect even if that seems like that is the right approach.It must be done in a positive, encouraging way.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company, loved every second

Aug 17, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Marlborough, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing support, a company that really wants to see you succeed and EVERYONE is a team player willing to go out of their way to help you out. A true sense of family.

Cons

Just got taken over by large private equity firm and had to perform layoffs. Hopefully they can bring things back to positive and get the band back together.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company, lacks direction

Jan 19, 2021 - Technology
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, easy going culture

Cons

Management, lack of direction, pandemic

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good organization

Dec 3, 2020 - Senior Enterprise Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid Product offering for clients

Cons

lack of strategy for sales reps

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Was a great company, now going down the tubes

Jul 14, 2020 - Manager in Burbank, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really wonderful people, many of whom have stayed with the company for years. CEO is fairly transparent and seems to do his best to make good decisions for his people.

Cons

This was a happy place to work when I joined, but has gone off the rails in the last six to nine months or so. The problems started before COVID, with a number of upper management people who were brought in who made a whole bunch of unpopular decisions that hurt employees like firing loyal, well-liked, and productive employees with a wealth of company knowledge citing changes in strategy (these were people who could have easily been shifted into new roles in the new strategy. The real reason they were let go seems to be to hire less experienced people willing to work for lower pay), changing the compensation structure for sales and client success people to not only lower pay but also make it complicated to even figure out what they'll be paid, rapid firing of recently hired employees without giving them enough time of a chance to ramp up and learn to do their jobs well. This was all made worse by COVID, when we had not just one but two rounds of layoffs. In the meantime a lot of the good people are choosing to leave voluntarily. Now they tell us the company is splitting into two, with half the company sold to an Italian conglomerate. That half is now led by a young CEO without much experience or skill managing people. He has already made more cold, inconsiderate decisions that have alienated people. Already, one woman has quit as a result. Despite the fact that most of the changes haven't affected me directly, I've seen the culture and morale of this place sink. The benefits at this place are only so so. No matching for the 401k, minimum sick days, etc. The good culture of the past made up for that in my view and made it worth staying, but not anymore. I'm looking for other opportunities now and many of my colleagues are doing the same. Hopefully the economy will recover soon and allow us all to get out.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The best job I have ever had! 5 amazing years!

Apr 13, 2020 - Sales Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, never boring, always willing to let me learn and participate.

Cons

There were a lot of changes in a year causing some issues with management. I was bumped around but once I settled in it was good.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews