KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,455 of over 2K reviews

3.6
CareerBuilder CEO Susan Arthur
Susan Arthur

What people are saying about CareerBuilder

Join the conversation on

Recruiters

2m

a

Talent Acquisition Manager

Anyone have suggestions for finding niche candidates outside of common career boards lole LinkedIn, Handshake, Minster, CareerBuilder?

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and very outsourced.(in 53 reviews)
  • "level managers have been in place for too long and it's time for them to move on.(in 51 reviews)
  • "poor leadership and imbalance of work distribution(in 49 reviews)
  • "It's a great company but the low pay makes it diffcult to stay for many years.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Low salaries for techies; Too many emails(in 28 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CareerBuilder and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Apr 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is engaged and open to feedback. Surrounded by colleagues motivated to do their best work and have a positive impact on the company.

Cons

The organization would benefit from being more agile. It is a work in progress and actively being addressed.

CareerBuilder Response

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your thoughts, and we are glad to hear that you are motivated by your peers and see how your work impacts the company. Thank you for all that you do!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good job

Aug 7, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Newark Heights, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co workers Helping others in need

Cons

Travel to many assignments and weather

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place I've Ever Been

Jul 30, 2022 - Training Facilitator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been absolutely amazing

Cons

Nothing has been bad so far

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to grow your career

Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and a great place to grow your career.

Cons

The company is moving in the right direction and making the necessary changes to grow in the industry.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

great place

Jul 14, 2022 - Support Specialist II
    Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work in Chicago

Cons

I have none at this time

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, respect, W/L balance

Jul 4, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, with generally great people. At least in my role, my manager doesn’t babysit me. Having worked in many corporate roles, being treated like an adult that can get their work done without the “helicopter parent” syndrome, is nice.

Cons

Commission structure is convoluted and doesn’t always reward individual successes.

Continue reading

CareerBuilder Response

Great feedback! Thank you for taking the time to review CB. I would love to speak with you further about possible solutions to your feedback regarding comp structure. Please email our HR team directly at hrdept@careerbuilder.com.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great company, lacks communication

Jul 14, 2022 - Accounting Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management of the accounting teams is the best I had ever had. Understanding, always backs you up, and pushes you to do better

Cons

There is no communication. Many changes are made with no prior notice to internal teams causing much confusion for employees and customers calling for help

Be the first to find this review helpful

CareerBuilder Response

Thank you for taking the time to review CB. We appreciate your feedback about the accounting team, glad you had a positive experience. I would love to speak with you further about possible solutions to your feedback regarding communication. Please email our HR team directly at hrdept@careerbuilder.com.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jun 16, 2022 - Talent Aquisition Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best culture and working environment in my adult career. They're doing it right.

Cons

The company is quite large and spread out so you have to be comfortable with a certain level of autonomy and personal responsibility. If you need daily accountability to do your job well this may not be it for you. Self motivation is a must.

2 people found this review helpful

CareerBuilder Response

We appreciate your thoughts and we are glad that you are enjoying everything CB has to offer.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Winds of change

Jun 7, 2022 - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

New CEO driving needed change in a hot market. Performance is rewarded. Candor is welcome

Cons

Change takes time to get hold after years of navel gazing

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee

My time at CB

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, flexibility, insurance, PTO, OT

Cons

Personal balance, work overload, lack of training, life & work balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,455 Reviews
</>Embed

CareerBuilder Reviews FAQs

CareerBuilder has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,517 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at CareerBuilder to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 22% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CareerBuilder employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CareerBuilder. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

63% of CareerBuilder employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CareerBuilder 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CareerBuilder to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with CareerBuilder Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CareerBuilder? Share Your Experiences

CareerBuilder Photos

+ Add Photo
CareerBuilder photo of: Collage of recent company events
CareerBuilder photo of: Catered lunch celebrating International Women's Day 2022
CareerBuilder photo of: Team members use their paid volunteer time to give back to their communities
CareerBuilder photo of: Our Noida, India office held a virtual/in-person yoga event to support our employees' mental and physical health
CareerBuilder photo of: Sales and customer success leaders come together in Chicago (and virtually) for a leadership summit
CareerBuilder photo of: Sales and customer success leaders come together for a leadership summit

Affiliated Companies

Broadbean TechnologyWORKTERRA LLC

Glassdoor has 1,517 CareerBuilder reviews submitted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if CareerBuilder is right for you.