CareerBuilder Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 1129 reviews

2.3
CareerBuilder CEO  Irina Novoselsky
Irina Novoselsky
Pros
  • "making great money and have strong work life balance(in 121 reviews)

• "Other pros-great benefits, wellness benefits, fun happy hours and team outings(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • "Since our leveraged buyout by Apollo Global these reason to work here no longer exist(in 50 reviews)

• "Sales reps sit in circles (if they come in) and talk about how terrible management/product/job is(in 33 reviews)

"Still a Great Company"

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have a manager that wants me to win.

Cons

Things are changing so sometimes it's challenging knowing where to go to for answers.

CareerBuilder2019-06-11

"A Different Company Post Apollo"

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time

Pros

Good talented people work here

Cons

Private Equity owned means they want a quick profit without considering long-term success

CareerBuilder2019-06-14

"Just a Number"

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros

There used to be a lot of pros, now I can’t think of one.

Cons

-Changed bonus for the worse. -No raise for doing multiple jobs, because people quit or were laid off. -No appreciation of hard work, often working long hours with no breaks. -Mega favoritism. -0 career pathing. -No future.

Advice to Management

Start caring about employees, they are not just a number. Quit lying about the future, it’s obvious the “profitability” is most important for one reason only.

CareerBuilder2019-06-08

""Get your Fraud here!!!!!""

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) The roof hasn't fallen on us yet. 2)The windows prevent water from coming in to the office. 3) Irina(CEO) and Sasha(President) don't live in Chicago so we don't have to really work since there is no management or over site.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE. Work, goals lack of compensation plan. We have started to prepare to sell out off what few assets we have left so really no reason to stick around, all the good talent has left. The Executive leadership team goes behind each-others back and they all hate Irina and make fun of her lack of product or industry knowledge.

Advice to Management

Irina, Sasha everyone in the company has pegged you to have imposter syndrome. For those who don't know, this is a psychological term referring to a pattern of behavior where people doubt their accomplishments and have a persistent, often internalized fear of being exposed as a fraud. Irina knows the numbers are cooked yet looks the other way.

CareerBuilder2019-05-28

"bad .. I hate it"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team was good but I didnt enjoy the work culture.

Cons

I didnt like the interview process at the beginning itself, they put me on hold for weeks to get back to me.

Advice to Management

Make the decision faster, Yes Or No ......... just let the candidate know

CareerBuilder2019-05-28

"CareerBuilder Transformation"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time

Pros

Upward mobility, there is no limit to opportunity if you’re willing to put in the work. The people that work here are some of Chicago’s best. Everyone wants to succeed, backs each other up, and focuses on winning together. I have never felt the comradery or made half the meaningful friendships elsewhere that I’ve made here. CareerBuilder is going through a transformation and there have been many changes, some great,...

Cons

All groups are doing more with less so workloads are heavy, stress is high, and work life balance is sometimes hard to manage.

Advice to Management

Make more investments in current employees (salary, recognition), culture (events, activities, employee groups), marketing & brand, product, and more people to help with the work.

CareerBuilder2019-04-15

"Turning around, creating foundation in IT"

Current Employee - IT Infrastructure Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership is really starting to show they want to see IT succeed for CareerBuilder because they want CareerBuilder to succeed. Almost all of the poor management in the company has moved on to other jobs, leaving a pretty dedicated, efficient, and strong workforce. Great work/life balance, a lot of available potential and opportunity, and a bright future for CareerBuilder.

Cons

Still a lack of structure from people leaving the company, a lot of services in the air that need to be looked after

Advice to Management

Get feedback directly from employees and not just the managers & leads. Over the last 2 years I've had decisions made for me, and had to watch as those decisions hurt the company only to come back and change things back how they were originally.

CareerBuilder2019-04-03

"Run as fast as you can!"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I guess the biggest pro is that so many talented people have left that you automatically have an amazing sales network to find a new job, if you haven’t done so already. Do yourself a favor and run from this place. Another pro...you can literally show up and leave when you want if you are in sales. Management is just happy to see you are still on the team so they don’t have to work another open book.

Cons

Executive leadership is an absolute joke. Company sales calls were scheduled almost everyday at one point, and almost everyday the president of sales would cancel them...5 minutes before. I can even remember a few times where the company dialed in, and then 10 minutes later we received an email canceling the call. Great way to motivate sales people and ensure you have a productive team. Although I guess I would cancel...

Advice to Management

Start interviewing. It’s only a matter of time before all of your reps are gone and you are running 6 books. I guess you shouldn’t worry though...you have well trained success reps to help you!

CareerBuilder2019-05-02

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Data Warehouse Developer

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time

Pros

A lot opportunity to grow

Cons

fast and agile pace working environment

CareerBuilder2019-04-12

"Changing company and culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time

Pros

Exciting marketing initiatives on the horizon

Cons

Low employee morale due to turnover

CareerBuilder2019-04-10