KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,455 of over 2K reviews

3.5
CareerBuilder CEO Susan Arthur
Susan Arthur

What people are saying about CareerBuilder

Join the conversation on

Recruiters

1m

a

Talent Acquisition Manager

Anyone have suggestions for finding niche candidates outside of common career boards lole LinkedIn, Handshake, Minster, CareerBuilder?

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and very outsourced.(in 55 reviews)
  • "Us vs Them culture emerging between senior leadership and employees(in 49 reviews)
  • "level managers have been in place for too long and it's time for them to move on.(in 49 reviews)
  • "It's a great company but the low pay makes it diffcult to stay for many years.(in 44 reviews)
  • "Negotiate a high salary(in 27 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CareerBuilder and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place I've Ever Been

Jul 30, 2022 - Training Facilitator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything has been absolutely amazing

Cons

Nothing has been bad so far

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to grow your career

Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and a great place to grow your career.

Cons

The company is moving in the right direction and making the necessary changes to grow in the industry.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jun 16, 2022 - Talent Aquisition Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best culture and working environment in my adult career. They're doing it right.

Cons

The company is quite large and spread out so you have to be comfortable with a certain level of autonomy and personal responsibility. If you need daily accountability to do your job well this may not be it for you. Self motivation is a must.

4. 5.0

Good place to work

Jun 6, 2022 - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good place to work.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity to be part of important work

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people - teammates and leaders who care. Awesome purpose - helping job seekers find jobs, helping employers find talent. Commitment to customers. Fast paced. Direction of the company - leadership team has a plan.

Cons

No major cons so far

CareerBuilder Response

This is great feedback to hear! We appreciate your thoughts, and we are glad that you are inspired by our mission. Thank you for all that you do!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company Culture

May 4, 2022 - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

CareerBuilder has built an outstanding company culture and has been on the forefront of remote work. Whether you are in the office onsite or working remotely you are always connected to your peers and clients. The benefits at CareerBuilder are exceptional and the work/life balance is there for all departments.

Cons

CareerBuilder tends to be on the lower end of the salary spectrum.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great people & opportunities for growth!

Apr 27, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at CB are amazing. It’s a group of really talented employees who genuinely enjoy working together. I’ve had the best managers and leaders at CB who are rooting for their team members to succeed and develop into new roles. The current leadership team is strong and I have confidence in the new CEO to turn things around. There are a lot of opportunities to work on a variety of tasks, so if you have an open mind and positive outlook then there is a lot you can learn from working at CB. I’ve learned more than I could have ever expected and have always felt that I could raise my hand to get involved in something new if I wanted. I’ve also always felt like there is great exposure to leadership and few layers of management, which is something I love compared to larger organizations.

Cons

The company has been working towards getting back to growth and with that there have been pain points. If you compare to companies that are growing, they usually compensate a bit higher and have additional perks that CB doesn’t offer. However, I think there are experiences at CB that make it worth it seeing that you will learn a ton, get exposure to leadership, and feel like your work is meaningful.

4 people found this review helpful

CareerBuilder Response

Thank you for sharing feedback about your time at CareerBuilder. It is great to hear that you enjoyed working with your team members and leaders while also learning and growing here at CB. We wish you every success with your future opportunities!

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is engaged and open to feedback. Surrounded by colleagues motivated to do their best work and have a positive impact on the company.

Cons

The organization would benefit from being more agile. It is a work in progress and actively being addressed.

CareerBuilder Response

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your thoughts, and we are glad to hear that you are motivated by your peers and see how your work impacts the company. Thank you for all that you do!

9. 5.0

Amazing Company to work at

Apr 14, 2022 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, great environment, rewarding work

Cons

Stressful to meet client needs

10. 5.0

NA

Mar 23, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees work very hard each day

Cons

Pay is not comparable to industry standards

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,455 Reviews
</>Embed

CareerBuilder Reviews FAQs

CareerBuilder has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,518 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at CareerBuilder to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 21% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CareerBuilder employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CareerBuilder. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

61% of CareerBuilder employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CareerBuilder 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CareerBuilder to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with CareerBuilder Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at CareerBuilder? Share Your Experiences

CareerBuilder Photos

+ Add Photo
CareerBuilder photo of: Collage of recent company events
CareerBuilder photo of: Catered lunch celebrating International Women's Day 2022
CareerBuilder photo of: Team members use their paid volunteer time to give back to their communities
CareerBuilder photo of: Our Noida, India office held a virtual/in-person yoga event to support our employees' mental and physical health
CareerBuilder photo of: Sales and customer success leaders come together in Chicago (and virtually) for a leadership summit
CareerBuilder photo of: Sales and customer success leaders come together for a leadership summit

Affiliated Companies

Broadbean TechnologyWORKTERRA LLC

Glassdoor has 1,518 CareerBuilder reviews submitted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if CareerBuilder is right for you.