CareerBuilder Reviews | Glassdoor

CareerBuilder Reviews

Updated July 26, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CareerBuilder prides itself on allowing employees to enjoy a work life balance (in 90 reviews)

• Other pros-great benefits, wellness benefits, fun happy hours and team outings (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership is accessible, team is inclusive, work-life balance is more than fair and communication is easy (in 14 reviews)

• CareerBuilder has a reputation of very high turnover of sales reps (in 25 reviews)

"Once a great place is now a sinking ship destined to be broken apart by Private Equity"

Current Employee - SaaS Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SaaS Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Aurico is a great product that meets and exceeds client expectations
    - Smart, fun people that signed on to be part of the vision laid out by management
    - Matt Ferguson is a sharp CEO that inspires employees and genuinely wants to help connect candidates with careers
    - the recruitment platform being built sounds great in principal

Cons

This place used to be great to work at with fun people and lots of entertaining/travel. Our solutions actually worked but that has all changed over the last year:
    - Job postings are a joke
    - Comp structure has decreased YOY for 3 straight years
    - implemented a travel ban since Q1 so you cannot develop new opportunities unless there is already a high dollar opportunity uncovered
    - SaaS products show promise but none of them integrate with the others how they're supposed to
    - We go to market with solutions before they're ready and blame is cast down on the sales team when clients are unhappy or don't want to extend the partnership
    - people are quitting in droves (7 people in Chicago quit in one day alone recently)
    - compensation is terrible when compared to other SaaS companies
    - sales cycle should be long given comprehensive SaaS deals yet leaders micro-manage and push short term transactional deals out of panic due to impending sale to PE
    - first private equity buyer passed after vetting out the investment
    - new PE buyer reduced anticipated sales price by almost 50%
    - rumblings around the sales force are layoffs, intense micro-management, continued reduction in bonus potential and possibly having assets sold off piece by piece by new private equity owner

Advice to Management

If you want to truly become a SaaS company then structure your comp and sales cycle that way. Our already fragile brand reputation is getting torn to shreds via poor performing products and inability to find a buyer that sees us as a worthwhile investment. Treat your employees better. Improve your solutions.

2. "CareerBuilder"

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, perks, and benefits

Cons

Compensation is not the best

Advice to Management

Needs improvement, on departmental communication!

"Will push u to give two weeks notice then refund the offer."

Former Employee - Rapid Response IT in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Rapid Response IT in Norcross, GA

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. See title. But. 20 word minimum so be aware that this company falls through on their word. Keep your job and don't give notice until you have to be onsite and just take vacation.

Cons

They will offer u a position. Pressure u to be available and then take away the offer and leave u to deal with the fallout.
    Be aware, do not give notice unless you are given your start date. Even then I would give notice and just try to get vacation before ruining your professional relationships.

Advice to Management

Worst experience. I will warn everyone I speak with.

4. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, upward mobility, good culture

Cons

Poor/ inexperienced management in certain departments.

5. "Operations"

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time

Pros

Culture, Schedule, Location, Freedom, benefits

Cons

Compensation, travel, mgt, hard to grow, motivation

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, culture, benefits and professional development are amazing. Have never seen or experienced any badmouthing, backstabbing or disrespectful behaviors among or between employees at any level. Very authentic and passionate leaders who want to do right by the employees and encourage candor, growth, promotional opportunities and new ideas throughout every part of the business and at every level and location. Would have rated it 5 stars if we could get this sale behind us and move on.

Cons

There has been quite a bit of change due to the pending sale and employees are feeling vulnerable and uncertain for the first time in many of their careers with the company. The pay tends to be on the lower end and and benefits such as summer hours, that were compensating factors, are starting to disappear.

Advice to Management

You've created something magical here. Keep it alive by closely managing and communicating the change, the why's behind the strategy and holding those who are pulling us back from greatness accountable to higher expectations. Either consider paying competitive market-based salaries across the board, or get a little more creative with our benefits and keep the summer hours tradition going.

7. "Had lots of perks"

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time

Pros

Perks (Trips, team buildings, fun events, etc.)
    Great people to work with
    Good benefits

Cons

Young managers without much experience
    Easy to make lateral moves, more difficult to move up

"Great place to get started"

Current Employee - Software Sales Executive NBG in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Sales Executive NBG in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great position for people new to the workforce
     - There is a lot of cold calling in the role, but you are rewarded very generously for the work you put in.
     - Great work environment. I can turn to anyone on our floor and ask for help or advice.
     - Given additional intensives for hitting our number (Cubs Rooftops, Bulls Sky Boxes, Team Happy Hours, Amazon Cash)
     - Plenty of opportunity to grow and get promoted.

Cons

- There has been a good amount of change at the company since i started, not saying the changes were bad, but if someone doesn't like a faster paced environment where things can change often this role is not for them.

Advice to Management

They do a great job letting us know what is going on with our group and are always up front about any changes.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice benefits like bagel Fridays and occasional half day once a week during summer

Cons

company is not organize, does not know what it's doing or where they are headed.

poor management, many managers just didn't care. frequently heard "i'm not paid enough to worry about that"

Pay was bad, expected professional dress, and many departments dont get to be a part of the "culture" this company preaches

Frequent feuds between departments i.e. sales vs support

Advice to Management

Figure out the goal of the company. Make culture company-wide. Hire better managers and increase pay and benefits.

10. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Care very much about development of its people. Constantly encouraging training and other learning opportunities. Believes very much in disciplined freedom, or letting teams and engineers choose their own methods to solve the task ahead of them, as opposed to a top down command structure.

Cons

Salary, location, and product teams.