CareerBuilder Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

CareerBuilder US Reviews

United States

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CareerBuilder prides itself on allowing employees to enjoy a work life balance (in 97 reviews)

• Other pros-great benefits, wellness benefits, fun happy hours and team outings (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Its actually a great place to be and offers good work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• CareerBuilder has a reputation of very high turnover of sales reps (in 27 reviews)

"Great place to work if your 22 but if you want a work life balance move on"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Benefits and room for growth for some. Very good PTO policy and many choices of location. You can move around the company if your manager likes you. They also throw good company outings and have a sales club trip if you hit your numbers.

Cons

It is like a high school. You are expected to live the CB way and you are looked down upon if you don't. Not a good work-life balance. The middle management expects you to live and die CB and usually do not care about home life.

Advice to Management

Treat your people like adults and not kids and respect the fact not everyone wants to drink CB Kool Aid

2. "Solid company with strong ethics and amazing innovation."

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Orlando, FL

Pros

We have a direct impact on changing the lives of our job seekers/consumers while at the same time improving processes and bottom line results for the companies that rely on us to manage their most important assest, their people. truly a world class caliber of employees that are not only creative but very intelligent. Most companies possess a few individuals who are considered exceptional but CareerBuilder has them at every level and within every dept. CareerBuilder does not accept complacency and doesnt allow empolyees to justifty failure. Benefits, pay, and upward mobility are exceptional as well.

Cons

decentralization would be the only downside. Segregation of the various sales functions is difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward and pushing the boundries of human capacity. Technology and business changes hourly therefore staying on the cutting edge and a continued investment is the only way to retain a competitive edge.

3. "This Is Experiencing Better!"

Current Employee - National Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - National Account Executive in Orlando, FL

Pros

Careerbuilder has given me the opportunity to be all the things in my life that I want to be. An active Mom, supportive wife, and successful business professional. I respect the work-life choices I am empowered to make and feel fortunate to have so much opportunity ahead of me.
    CareerBuilder has continued to diversify it's efforts by offering our clients more choices for their business than any other competitor in our space.
    Our agility in this regard makes us a true partner to our clients. We are viewed as trusted advisors who understand the ever-changing need of our customer by staying in touch with very essence of their business in conjunction with our own.

Cons

Sorry - not falling for this one...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you for keeping us diversified and for making fiscally responsible decisions in tough economic times.

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Promotions are the best thing ever.

Cons

Turnover is never a good thing.

Advice to Management

Be more understandable.

5. "Sales Professional at Careerbuilder"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Careerbuilder has a lot to offer younger sales professionals looking to grow their careers. For those who are willing to work hard and improve on a daily basis the rewards can be substantial. I view it as an excellent gateway to better business accumen and forward your business career especially if you wish to concentrate on media/online sales.

Cons

It's not easy at the start of your career. You need to be driven to get better everyday to stand out amongst the croud. Also its a young environment and I could imagine it being harder to blend in culturally for older generations.

Advice to Management

At times they could be more transparent with their plans for the company and their employee base.

6. "CareerBuilder provides the opportunity to grow if you have the passion and desire to do so."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Norcross, GA

Pros

The opportunity to grow professionally is outstanding. The company encourages everyone to get a bachelors and/or master's degree by funding part if not all of it. There is a training budget that encourages everyone to continue growing their skills. The company is also interested in your health by alloting a specified amount every year for each employee that can be put toward gym memberships or exercise equipment. Careerbuilder also demonstrates is concern for mankind through its adoption of a small village in Africa along with local support to various organizations nationally.

Cons

While there is no perfect company, overall I think the positve nature of the company overshadows the downsides. If hard pressed I would say that the organization gives every leader the opportunity to run their area for the most part as they see fit. At times this can lead to an incontinuity in efficiencies.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in the overall objective and goals of the company as the management does not always share this information with the rank and file. Make a concerted effort to ensure that the leadership team let's everyone know how their role affects and contributes to the objectives and goals.

7. "Careerbuilder: An excellent place to start a career or develop your existing skills"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Careerbuilder does a fantastic job both supporting new employees as well as helping to further develop their experienced sales force. In my 13 or so months with this company, I have already been promoted once, and relocated across the country to persue my desired career path. Careerbuilder is unique in the fact that they do not just pay lip service to their ideals and goals, but instead encourage you to actually follow the values they preach, while enabling you to continue to develop new skills and talents to further increase your individual marketability. This is a great place to start a sales career, or to just learn about the industry from the industry leader.

Cons

Really, there is very little that I can say is a downside to working for CB. For the most part, the people I have worked with (across all teams) have been easy to do business with, as well as very knowledgeable. If anything, the only thing that I could remotely consider a downside to working at CB is that we don't have quite the brand recognition that some of our cometitors have. Again, this is probably more of a critique when it comes to selling the product, and not the company itself. Overall, I would whole heartedly recommend this company as a place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I would only recommend providing a little more reasoning behind some of the changes that are implemented. But the Senior Management at CB usually does a great job of this.

8. "The company has changed."

Former Employee - Online Specialist Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Online Specialist Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The benefits and compensation are great, especially at comp plan 6. The company provides a foundation to build a career off of. Great location, right in the heart of the loop, very easy to access via public transportation.

Cons

Half the company operates on a lead based system and the other half operates on an org channel based system and where the two meet, there is disorganization. Could get stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Go the extra yard to boost employee morale.

9. "CareerBuilder Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Environment, Candor
    It can be a fun place to work starting out of college.

Cons

The fact you call in to several of the same companies over and over and over....and over. Very big on micromanagement. Do not work here if you have worked anywhere else before. You won't like that every move is watched.

Advice to Management

There are some managers who are looking to better the company. Most aren't.

"At least it is easy to apply for other jobs while at work."

Former Employee - Sag Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sag Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

The quality of leadership is very poor. You are basically just a number and if you are not a drinking buddy you don't have a chance. This is not a sales job but one were you have to either get lucky or your "boss'" roomie. For 12 bucks an hour, this job is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Ha Ha, Sr. Management, that is an oxy moron in this company.