Careerstaff Unlimited Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Careerstaff Unlimited President Steve Saville
Steve Saville

1. Featured Review

"Couldn't ask for better! Top-notch employer / organization!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CSU is an excellent company to work for! Values and objectives are clear, resources abundant, and support is always available. Employees are treated with respect, trust, and appreciation. Recognition is given for jobs well done. The culture here is healthy, and we have a lot of fun!

Cons

None! Need something - just ask - it's really that simple.

Advice to Management

N/a - great job, everyone!

2. "Couldn't ask for a better company to work for!"

Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSU is one of the best companies I've worked for hands down! Not only do you have a great support system the resources along with anything else you need is always available. Recognition is always given when the job is done. The environment is always fun and uplifting!

Cons

I would have to say none! Anytime I need anything or there is a conflict all I have to do is ask and they are very accommodating!

Advice to Management

Doing great!

3. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The internal staff at CareerStaff Unlimited is amazing! They treat each other like family and only bring in the friendliest, most qualified employees.

Cons

I have no bad words for CSU!

5. "Not Worth it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time

Pros

-You get paid weekly
    -SOME of the people there are really fun and sweet
    - You'll get treated well when ONLY corporate offices from out of town come to visit

Cons

Here is a list I have provided......

-Little to no training
    -Cliquey coworkers
    -If you don't fit in with them, they dont make you feel comfortable or wanted
    -Unprofessional
    -Expect so much from you in very little time as if your psychic or something
    -Co-Workers would call one another at the desk to gossip or talk mess about me and they thought I was some fool that didn't notice
    -Your hard work and efforts goes unnoticed especially when there is positive results from your work
    -They expect you to know everything and you get in trouble when you don't or mess up
    -Co-workers would go to management about every little thing "youre not doing" rather than speaking with you or helping you out themselves
    -Management never gives you positive reinforcement, meetings with you were only about what youre NOT doing right with no mention of what you've done well so far
    -Left work everyday overwhelmed and kept asking myself if it was worth it
    -Some of the co workers completely rude and used terrible tone of attitude towards you when you didnt know how to do something because of barely NO training
    - Hard to learn day by day when no one really wanted to help out, and when you got help it was always rushed
    -Phones are always going off so hard to do the actual work you need to do
    -Ways of communication with the centers and agencies is unreliable and unnecessary (only email and sometimes phone calls but hard to do phone when they're always going off) makes your job harder
    - A lot of fooling around in the office and sometimes you find yourself the only one answering phones

Advice to Management

Find a new way of operations and communications, company has potential of making so much more money. Have proper training. Make sure to inform the employer all that is expected of them within the first month of employment. Pay more attention to your new hires. Have your office be a little more professional and get on them about how they treat people in the office. Dont give up on your new employees. GIVE POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT and show you admire their hard work.

Careerstaff Unlimited Response

May 18, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We work hard to ensure that everyone's experience working with CSU is valued and I certainly wish that you felt comfortable raising these issues during ... More

6. "Staffing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full time, benefits, salary +commission, weekends off, nights off, stability

Cons

none at all thank you

7. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and people! Always felt supported. Upper management is there to help you and guide you as well as your co-workers. Days go by pretty fast because you always have something to be doing.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is it can be very overwhelming at first. It gets better! Once you get into the swing of things everything else falls into place. You may just have to jump into your position instead of taking it slow. Because of this, everyone is there to help and it is important to ask questions.

Advice to Management

This is a growing company, I think an effective training plan may need to be in place soon for new hires instead of just jumping into something that they are not familiar with and in an extremely short amount of time. However, it is just a thought!!

8. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Training and Development Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Training and Development Manager in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a great culture, and it has been an absolute joy working here over the last year. The management at this company see the value in employee development and training. They truly care and are constantly looking for ways to improve and create a fun work environment for all employees. There are also promotional opportunities for those who take initiative and work hard!

Cons

I have none so far. I have worked for other companies in my lifetime, and this company is on the right track! I love coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Let's keep the momentum going and continue to identify and implement more ideas to make this the best place to work!

9. "ProCare One a Division of CareerStaff Unlimited"

Current Employee - Senior Recrutiment Account Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recrutiment Account Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Careerstaff Unlimited full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working here because of the people and the culture. I have been here for 9 years and consider the people I work with as a second family!

Cons

Previously the lack of training and the multiple systems we work with have been a set back...but we are currently in the process of changing it all now so I'm looking forward to the improvements!

Advice to Management

I would or have suggested more thorough screening and interviews for new hires.

10. "Love Working Here - Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

The culture here is absolutely amazing. Everyone is so positive and upbeat, it definitely feels like family. This is a place where I love coming everyday and love the fact that I feel that "I get to come to work everyday", and not have that feeling of "I have to come to work". All the managers are so supportive and genuinely want to see you grow and succeed.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say!

11. "You can do better."

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

They hire new grads, it doesn't really matter what you did in school. They have a strong company culture, and really stick by it. Some of the people in the office are nice.

Cons

If you do not fit into their party life culture you're not in the group.There was a severe lack of diversity in the office, they seemed to only hire white women that were seemingly attractive. The office was severely understaffed and people would go for the weekend and not come back, then upper management would talk badly about those people that left. There is absolutely no growth available. They will tell you in the interview there is. It's a lie. This is a job for people who just want to get a job quickly. Not for people who want to have a career.

Speaking of upper management there were only two people who were upper management. They did not act professionally and were extremely passive aggressive if you did not admire them all the time. The supervisor was very rude and did not know how to be a leader. If you asked for help she would not give you clear instructions and expect you to know everything by the second week. Her attempt of being professional would just come of as condescending. During one instance she threw an actual fit and walked away in front of the whole office just because she did not get her way. That to me does not scream management or leadership skills.

The phones are constantly going off and it sounds like a call center, this is something they do not disclose in the interview. They do not tell you how much you will be on the phone. My first day I did not get any training. They gave me a few sheets of paper and expected me to be able to go based off that. There is a lot of grey space in this job and expecting a new hire to make decisions, that would late get them in trouble, is not a way to train someone.

I had the biggest issue with their business practices. They would credential and accept nurses that have failed HIPPA, or Elder Abuse tests. As long as the nurse had it on their file they were good to go. NO that is wrong, they are providing nurses that are not qualified.

Advice to Management

There is a way to be professional and nice. Improve training. This is what is lacking and needs serious improvement. Improve the ethics of the company. It is not all about money, it is about the services that you provide. Increase compensation. There are not a lot of people working in that office and the amount of work each person has is not made up by the compensation they receive.

Careerstaff Unlimited Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

First, I’d like to thank you for the review. We encourage all current and previous employees to add reviews to Glassdoor to help us in our continuous effort to provide the best working environment ... More