Carenet Healthcare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Carenet Healthcare Services Reviews

Updated May 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work from home, got to work every other weekend which was just great (in 15 reviews)

• Working at home, reasonable pay after the first 90 days, work/life balance, great co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Schedule not consistent can change whenever due to "business needs" (in 3 reviews)

• There were no cons I could think of (in 3 reviews)

"Avoid Like the Plague"

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Free soft drinks and coffee. Food Trucks with reduced prices on occasion.

Cons

Let me start by saying that I worked at Carenet for almost four years, was promoted, and thought that I was going to spend my career there. I sincerely wanted it to work out. But, soon after I was hired, I started to wonder how Carenet was named one of San Antonio's "Best Places to Work" in 2013. I noticed one of the other reviews that said something along the lines of "i can't understand all of the bad reviews; there are going to be bad eggs, but it's a great place to work." Naturally, that was most likely posted by HR or management. Don't be fooled. Carenet is a mess. The company culture is in shambles and the core values are mocked because all of the care coordinators and engagement specialists who are actually on the phones and doing the real work are rarely smiling, enjoying what they do, etc. And the core value "enjoy the ride?" Ha! We all laughed at that one because, most of the time, rules, policies, and procedures were changing on a DAILY basis and we couldn't keep up, so no one knew what process was the correct process from day to day, minute to minute. Most promotions that are made internally are not posted on the internal job site. Instead, someone tells a potential candidate that "a position MIGHT be opening up that I think you'd be great for," and then, in the blink of and eye, the rumor mill begins. And it's constant. People become resentful when they find out that they are being passed over for a less senior associate, etc etc It's pure chaos. And if you are a care coordinator or on the phones in another capacity, one of the metrics that your bonus is based on is customer service. Your calls are all recorded and randomly monitored and scored. Some are scored by a special team and others are scored by your leads on the floor who will then sit with you and talk about the call with you and tell you why the scored the call the way they did. What's the problem with this system? If you have 5 people listen to the same call, everyone is most likely going to grade it differently. Why? Because Carenet seriously needs to train everyone who scores calls on HOW to score calls! Because, right now, everyone is pretty much winging it. It's another broken process that needs to be fixed. I ultimately left the company because I realized that the chaos had no end in sight and once I realized that my "promotion" was actually a demotion. There was no increase in pay and, since I was no longer on the phones, they took away my bonuses for customer service, attendance, etc that I would get as a care coordinator. So, you guessed it, I actually got promoted and my paychecks took a huge hit. I was never told that this would happen and I was shocked when I realized the pay decrease. When I mentioned it to management that I was actually make less money, they just shrugged it off. And by that point, I'd accepted the job and felt like I couldn't back out. Talk about a moral booster!

Advice to Management

Stop the rumor mill. Post all jobs, internal and external on the job board, no more job rumors! You could decrease your turnover rate by improving company culture. It needs an overhaul. You can't keep hiding behind the core values. Those are simply band aids at this point. Provide more comprehensive customer service training for agents who will be on the phones to help give them better insight into what you expect from them as far as the score cards are concerned. Don't forget third shift!! They are always forgotten! They do not feel like they are a part of the company because they never get to take part in functions, food trucks, etc. You have an entire shift of people who need a serious morale boost, and a feeling of belonging.

2. "All work...no praises and no reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Small nit departments so you know everyone

Cons

Long hours, no direction, no process and poor requirements & poor quality assurance so product goes into Production with lots of errors/defects. No annual merit increases unless you suck up to your boss or have lunches with him. You have to threaten to quit before they'll counter offer...which some have threaten to quit more than once in a year. Unless your in management or the original first 15 employees, these select few receives annual increases, bonus & shareholder stock payouts.

Advice to Management

Rewards your employees. If you give performance reviews, then honor they're hard work by rewarding with a merit increase.

3. "Pleasant"

Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Engagement Specialist in San Antonio, TX

Pros

-Free Fountain Drinks, Coffe, Tea
    -Easiest Phone calls ever
    -Wonderful coworkers

Cons

Pays only 10$ an hour
    No overtime available
    Childish supervisors

Advice to Management

Stop flirting and playing around woth each other focus on the needs of the employees.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of growth opportunities at this company. I definitely recommend this company to a friend or family member.

Cons

The company is still growing. The base pay is at the low end. However at this company if you show hard work, dedication and passion, you can gain experience and increase the your earnings.

"Carenet is a glassroofed company that never sees value in its employees only in the cliques that are allowed to exist."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was hired to work there.

Cons

No pay raises ever. Movement upward is only feasable if your a woman, attractive, young and snitch on everyone around you as well as a ubber brown noser. On the shared que side too many contracts to learn and everything you do is wrong which STOPS you from getting your bonuses. Mgmt never comes up to you to tell you your doing well only with what is wrong with you and your work. Employee day is a joke with taking its people to a local park for exercise sports and recreation when 90% of the people are not into any activity offered there. When ever a new survey is about to be given on how the company is doing there is always a "feeding" of over cooked hotdogs and burgers to sway your vote and its outcome. Expect ineptitude in your manager and leads since they didn't move up because what they know its who they know. Nepotism is alive and well in this company.

Advice to Management

Allow raises to coincide with the cost of living. when 1/2 the people working for you is needing to be on foodstamps to live and the other half is calling on help from the company to get supplies for there kids to go back to school. Show off the good of what your employees do not only the bad and the rewards you give out make sure others get nominate for the way to go awards and not the same mgmt, leads, front office people all the time.

Carenet Healthcare Services Response

Oct 13, 2014 – VP of People Services

Team Members at Carenet Healthcare Services receive as much out of their work experience as they are willing to invest in it, by becoming involved. There are many misstatements in this post ... More

7. "Flexible Schedules, but Not Very Employee Focused"

Current Employee - Lead in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Lead in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Carenet is extremely flexible with work schedules being they have a department that is 24/7/365 which enables everyone a chance to comfortably work a schedule that they need to fit in school, a second job, family care, etc.

This company is also very good about not giving up on employees if they struggle with the assigned task. If you're not in the right department or schedule, the management actually tries to reach out to you to find you a place to belong within the company instead of simply giving you the choice of quit or get fired.

Cons

The training, while improving, is very inconsistent with the actual work on the production floor (at least with the department I work in) which in my position can cause me to play a lot of damage control.

There are no structured raises in this company whatsoever which entirely discourages growth.

Training isn't the only part of the company that has communication issues either. It is very easy to get multiple answers for the same question, often conflicting answers.

Advice to Management

Be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to solving problems with production.

Forcing all employees to take time to create presentations for you on why they deserve a raise is a sure fire way to increase attrition.

"Dream job"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
    Working from home
    Excellent trainers
    Professional environment
    Caring for employees
    Putting patients first
    Being a part of the healthcare solution

Cons

Working remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

"Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!"

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

Cons

We work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

10. "Like no place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There is so many pros to working at this company including very flexible schedules for every life event that is thrown your way, fun and exciting work related activities, employee recognition ceremonies, and probably the most important caring management. I have worked at Carenet for a few years now and I have seen it go from a small company through the hiring ramp up last year. It has been an exciting ride and a pleasure to be a part of. I often find myself smiling on the way into work because I truly love my job, enjoy the people I surround myself with and what the mission of this company is, to help people. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in and life is what you make it and because of that belief I feel my experience here has been great. Nothing gets in your way of happiness unless you allow it. I have created some really great personal and professional relationships that I believe will last all because if this place.

Cons

Cons to this company is the lack of communication between departments. Often times things are not ready to go live and the employees notice this as it is visible by the leadership team running around trying to get things up and running, lots of lack of urgency. Create an open line of communication and follow through with it. This lack of communication has created postponements of programs which means no calling. This means individuals are not working and creates unhappy employees. I've seen leads run out and extended ETO occurs again unhappy employees then employees become upset with leadership and trust is then an issue.

Lack of policy enforcement, for example the dress code. You can walk around and see many that are dressed very professional and then others not so much. Easy fix enforce the policy and follow through with it. Be consistent.

Pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Developed your employees more with monitoring and coaching. Give cost of living increases, enforce the policies for everyone. Be more prepared by working together with each other.

"Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!"

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

Cons

Working at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Advice to Management

Doing a fantastic job!!!