Carestream Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Carestream Dental Reviews

Found 96 reviews

2.6
Lisa Ashby
Pros
  • "Good benefits, good people, great products, new separate company(in 7 reviews)

• "some good people, but losing knowledge quickly(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management does not care for inside sales employees whatsoever(in 7 reviews)

• "The parent company culture killed off the leadership team who actually understood the dental business and customers(in 5 reviews)

1. "Application Specialist"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Atlanta, TX

I have been working at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Relatable company with great benefits

Cons

Annual increments and salary raise not matching with increasing cost of living

Carestream Dental2019-05-17
  2. "Tough transition time period"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Good benefits Dev culture may be getting better after a rough patch when I left. Many of the people are great there.

Cons

If you were a remote employee, or an employee not in Atlanta, you felt disconnected and less appreciated for any work done. They had bought many companies and slowly shed those employees. Company as a whole made some short sighted decisions for immediate profit rather than longer term growth.

Carestream Dental2019-04-01
  3. "Feels like a sinking ship"

I worked at Carestream Dental full-time

Pros

Generous PTO, a lot of really great people especially on the support team, employee review incentive program, good health plan

Cons

Poorly managed, could not get resources needed to do my job, no accountability, murky ambiguous roles where no one knows who is responsible for what or how to do things, finger-pointing and "hot potato" attitudes about doing work, some super toxic employees, pay is way below average

Advice to Management

It should tell you something when a lot of long-term employees are jumping ship

Carestream Dental2019-04-03

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Industry exposure. Fast paced working environment where you learn a lot. The company isn't yet so big that you feel like a small cog in the machine.

Cons

Management. Management is extremely poor. Every plan is reactionary and management is more interested in who to scapegoat rather than actually addressing issues. Brain drain is real. Good, smart, enthusiastic employees either become burned out drones or leave for better opportunities. Pay is below average.

Advice to Management

When the metric becomes a goal it ceases to be a useful metric. At the end of the day after all the numbers are padded and everyone has been reprimanded what has actually been achieved? Why train employees for other companies? Why not invest in your talent and keep them?

Carestream Dental2019-03-26

"Long time employee through several departments - work life balance reason for leaving"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

* My last department was great and my team was great * Offer full package of employee benefits * PTO growth option is great

Cons

* Not forward thinking enough, I spent most of my career here having to be reactionary to bad upper management decisions instead of actually being proactive and productive. * Upper management did not have the foresight to support myself or my team as I begged for more people to handle the current workload but instead it fell onto the shoulders of a very small team that was stretched too thin. * Needless to say -...

Advice to Management

Look at the teams that are helping convert the revenue stream - support, implementations, and data services - INVEST here. What good is it to sell 500+ CS3600 scanners in the 3rd and 4th quarter if the teams cannot keep up with the load.

Carestream Dental2019-02-06

"Owned by Financial Holdings Co...."

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

decent benefits, stable market, good market share. some good people, but losing knowledge quickly.

Cons

no regard for operational capacity or communication. Antagonistic environment. No interest in investing in its people. No culture.

Carestream Dental2019-01-19
  7. "Great people and Changing environment"

I have been working at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good benefits, good people, great products, new separate company

Cons

Still some growing pains from new company, but improving every day

Carestream Dental2018-10-18

"Job Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Fast paced and opportunity for growth

Cons

The high Turnover rate for entry-level employees

Carestream Dental2018-09-24

"They do not care about employees"

I worked at Carestream Dental for more than 20 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities only because good people are leaving

Cons

Zero leadership, horrible IT for employees, not stable

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, the ones that have been doing this for several years. Provide an internal IT department that understands the needs of the employees. Value your employees- all the work horses are exhausted and you are killing them, which shows everyone that you don’t care.

Carestream Dental2018-10-17

"Hopeful for improvement"

Former Employee - R & D in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carestream Dental full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Co-workers are generally good. With the split from Carestream Health, hopefully a lot of the baggage from them will go away, and I know some of that was already happening at the time I left. A lot of new management have started in the last couple years, who seem to have a clue.

Cons

There has been a lack of direction and long-term strategy in product planning. This results in developers and QA sitting around with no work to do, then suddenly too much work to do, then that project is abandoned and back to sitting around. Forced-ranking annual reviews. Minimal raises, maybe keeping up with cost of living.

Advice to Management

You seem to know what's wrong, try to get it fixed. When in doubt, ditch the Carestream Health policies and processes and start over from scratch.

Carestream Dental2018-09-12