Carestream Health Field Service Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Kevin J. Hobert

"Field engineer"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Best job I've had to date when it comes to support, help is available as needed through various processes. Work life balance is way better than previous jobs. Training is as good as it gets for oem equipment. Benefits are excellent. Just do your job and take pride in your work the rest falls into place.

Cons

Antiquated processes for example parts management is antiquated by years of other processes in place by other companies. It can get hairy at times and be involved for the FE almost to the point of being considered a part time job. And lastly my favorite CRM for call management. When you open the program and its dated back to the mid 90s I mean, it to as well can be involving at times.

Advice to Management

Look at process improvement to reflect the century we are in to streamline paperwork, parts utilization, and returns and were on the road to greatness

Carestream Health2016-03-04

"Field Service Engineer"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Carestream Health

Pros

Enjoyed supporting the customers that soon became like family. Innovative DR technology.

Cons

* Deep breath* Lots of issues here, most of it cultural as many have commented. Pressure to generate fake NPS scores by coaching customers. Attempt to turn technical people into sales by taking advantage of the hard won trust that non commission field personnel built. Forced rankings that have never worked anywhere else but Carestream still uses it? HR is truly out of touch with reality or simply Machiavellian. Result?...

Advice to Management

Onex couldn't dump Carestream so now they're stuck with a money losing pig they need to put lipstick on. Do everyone a favor, get rid of the current HR. They're rotting the company from the inside out, thank God I left in 2013 for a silicon valley upstart. Culture is everything, from it springs forth innovation and creativity that give birth to new products.

Carestream Health2016-01-18

"Pressure environment"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Carestream Health full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Most of the people that are not in a management position are great people. The benefits and the pay are not great, but they are competitive for the market.

Cons

High pressure environment. Due to the tough economic times there is a lot of pressure to either bring in revenue or to reduce cost. Company no longer seems to be focus on the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they tried to tell you that something is wrong with some of the folks you have put in charge.

Carestream Health2014-07-16
  4. "Company had a excellent technical person.Having lots of knowledge about the Digital radiography.I have learnt a lot."

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Lucknow

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good working experience and got to know with technology .

Cons

There is tough competition with other and really work in high pressure.

Advice to Management

Consider knowledgeable persons.

Carestream Health2014-10-01