Carestream Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Carestream Health CEO and Director Kevin J. Hobert
Kevin J. Hobert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is way better than previous jobs (in 13 reviews)

• great people, Good fun work environment (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • ludicrous exceptions of doing 2 jobs and no work life balance is still not enough to keep management happy (in 11 reviews)

• Upper management needs to inject passion, energy, and focus into this place more often (in 21 reviews)

"Love my job. Culture needs refined."

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Important work. Ground breaking technology. I like the way Carestream looks ahead and breaks the mold technology wise. Outside of the box think on technology.

Cons

Old Kodak mentality hinders progress at times. More consistent application to change too many cliques that sometimes make others ideas seem unimportant

Advice to Management

Grow out from old ways. Tons of talented people with new and progressive ideas.

"ISS Specialist"

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time

Pros

Very good Benefits and bonus.

Cons

There are no enough communication in general

"Good People, Bad Culture and Processes"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people work here, lots of growth opportunity for both products and people. The digital x-ray systems are top quality and easy to sell. There is real potential for career development if you can tough it out long enough to get in a position to make some changes. Honestly, it's easy to come here and make quick improvement since things are such a disaster.

Cons

LOTS of bureaucracy, antiquated processes, short sighted goals, bad decisions everywhere. No regard for anything except chasing revenue at the end of the month even if it means the company loses money on the deal. Too many people make a decision that is bad for the company or loses money, but it makes their report look good. Too few people doing too much work. Every department from top to bottom is understaffed, but it makes the reports look good!

Advice to Management

You can only squeeze the lemon so long before nothing is left. We need to try and balance the short term with the long term. Customer concerns should be addressed and not ignored. Too much busy work to generate and review reports but why waste your time if root cause doesn't get addressed? Throw out the Kodak organizational model and streamline things. The processes should be reviewed and simplified. Almost everything we do is way to complicated. Customers will only let us ignore them for so long before the rest of the market catches up with our product's technological advantage, then where will we be?

"Good company"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work in. Excellent service

Cons

In short this company is great unless few things which don't go well.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Honest review of Rochester's best kept secret"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I waited until my one year anniversary to write this review because I felt it was fair to give the company that much time before I wrote something regarding my employment here. In short, Carestream is a great company. It has, like many other companies in Rochester, it's ups and downs, but this place provides valuable products that truly impacts patient outcomes in a extremely positive way.

Pro's

1) The people here are dedicated, extremely nice, quirky, and fun.
    2) Most complex and robust machines in the area, probably within a 300 mile radius.
    3) Working for a mini GE-Healthcare in the ROC is something that is unique, and many people do not even know we are here. BTW, we beat GE all the time.
    4) R&D is filled with magical unicorn beasts that build machines that are world class, and it is a fun group to be around.
    5) Leading in either a #1 or #2 position with our products in every category.
    6)Truly International business with global reach, well respected in over 170 countries.
    7) This is true medical device work, not healthcare. Ortho, J&J, Coopervision, and Thermo do nothing as advanced as we do. In a class all of our own.
    8) Quality driven culture that truly cares about what we put out into the field. That group is also a pleasure to be around.

Cons

1) Exit is looming, so it is tough to gauge where our future is going. After 10 years this is going to happen, not knowing when or how sometimes makes the mood a little tense.
    2) Upper management needs to inject passion, energy, and focus into this place more often. Sometimes momentum can be lacking, although we have numerous wins on a regular basis.
    3) Change needs to come to Carestream, we need agents from outside the Kodak culture to lead the way on this.
    4) C Suite needs to read more of these reviews and decide if they want to stay or go, maybe going is for the better if they feel they have reached their potential here, many would agree that would be a great move.

Advice to Management

Drive us towards an exit as well as you can, bring on more resources, and evangelize more. We need leaders that can inject life and energy into all aspects of the business because many of us truly care about this company and live/breathe/eat the value it brings to the patients we serve. Rochester needs this place to be healthy, it is one of the best places it has, do what you can to stop and think about what we really need and focus on the general population of employees here. Either sell or invest.

6. "A Pleasant Company in a small town"

Former Employee - Systems Engineering Technician in White City, OR
    Former Employee - Systems Engineering Technician in White City, OR

I worked at Carestream Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, supportive team, fair pay, follow through on temp to hire.

Cons

Older equipment, class A explosive environment.

Advice to Management

Well done, good team, help maintain them. Lots of retirements coming, hire new people to capture your institutional knowledge.

"Field Engineer"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent life / work balance

Cons

Top performers do not seem to be paid in accordance with their skillset

Advice to Management

The only way a company will flourish is to recruit and retain top talent and weed out poor performers that do not carry their weight.

"Poor top management"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible company, their employees

Cons

Poor top management knowledge of business, lack of talent management
    Poor investment on people and tools

Advice to Management

Company will fail if agressive and bold decision dont take place in order to fully move to digital business.

9. "Excellent company, doing great things for patients worldwide"

Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to make a positive difference. Creativity encouraged & flexibility to do what is needed to achieve solutions.

Cons

One opportunity is that business units could work more effectively together in promoting a 'one face to the Customer', but each business strives & successfully meets Customer needs.

"Smart people, meaningful work, excessive bureaucracy and poor culture"

I have been working at Carestream Health full-time

Pros

smart people, innovative products, meaningful work

Cons

poor culture, low employee morale, excessive bureaucracy