Carewise Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Enrollment Specialist"

Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist/Customer Service in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist/Customer Service in Louisville, KY

I worked at Carewise Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was able to advance my knowledge in this field. As was always supplied the tools to succeed. Left with great relationships and knowledge .

Cons

The time came to say " Goodbye" FOR the downsizing was inevitable but that does take away from the experience

Advice to Management

NONE always had and still has an open door policy

2. "Feel Underappreciated"

I have been working at Carewise Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers in my immediate department are pleasant and work well as a team.

Cons

We NEVER get raises. I now receive less vacation days than I did a few years ago.

Advice to Management

Show your employees some appreciation with annual raises. Cost of living is constantly increasing and yet our pay stays the same. Giving LESS vacation time is a real morale buster. There are many companies out there who offer better pay, benefits, and employee appreciation. Eventually you're going to lose all your best employees to those companies.

3. "Keeping my options open"

I have been working at Carewise Health full-time

Pros

No dress code, quiet environment, friendly atmosphere, the job isnt stressful, and management does not bother you

Cons

Training is too short and can be vague depending on who your trainer is. Pay raises are slim to none. No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Pay raises and adequate training equals happy employees

"DRG Auditor"

Pros

They have quick hiring process.

Cons

The have absolutely no respect for the employees. The culture is very negative. Very POOR training. Hire people who are totally unqualified then expect them to perform. Thr and scrambling to retain accounts and failing miserably.

Advice to Management

Consider shifting focus to your employees. Invest in your employees. Improve culture and hire people with appropriate skills and Then pay them appropriately.

"DRG Reviewer"

I have been working at Carewise Health part-time

Pros

Nice co-workers. Not a lot of pressure.

Cons

Lake of raises. Constant management changes.

6. "Administrative Assistant"

Pros

Great Co workers to work with, worked as a team.

Cons

No increase in pay for the last fours years working there- salary freeze

"RN Case and Disease Manager"

Pros

When SHPS, later Carewise Health, purchased around 2004 the health care solutions company BCE Emergis, by whom I was employed, the emphasis initially remained on delivery of health care management products to the employees of large self-insured businesses. Products included utilization review, precertification, case management, disease management, nurse line and wellness models. The Louisville, KY and Scottsdale, AZ offices employed well over 150 medical personnel including doctors, nurses, wellness coaches (dieticians and those with various backgrounds including psych) and administrative staff to deliver the products to numerous large companies by contract. The products were innovative and effective with high satisfaction rate and quality review. The company was fair regarding work conditions and offered competitive salaries.

Cons

By 2011 there was a notable shift from healthcare management provision to emphasis on non-medical products for HR and call centers. Quality became all about time management over outcomes. Products were not updated to meet new ways to engage the clients' employees. As contracts were not renewed, layoffs became more frequent and those positions were not replaced. Currently there are only two or three disease management nurses to serve the remaining clients. It has become quite obvious that Carewise Health has changed direction. Although I am a healthcare professional and not a business person, I am not blind to the fact that the company must remain viable. However, as layoffs continue, tactics such as a December demand forcing the use of accrued paid time off before the end of the year have been instituted. Longtime workers have been targeted for layoff, suggesting an interest in purging the company of more expensive employees. If you are a medical professional applying for a position at Carewise, make sure you investigate and question the company's current mission and position regarding your expertise and that it fits with your vision of your future. In the early days I felt valued and fulfilled, but by the time I left I realized that corporate viability had become more important to the leadership than caring for clients and their employees.

Advice to Management

Share your vision and mission as it evolves with your employees so they can either buy into the changes (I will not say progress) and become part of the solution, or choose to move on.

8. "Order Entry"

I worked at Carewise Health full-time

Pros

Good people to work with
    Good Job
    Good hours
    I had a great manager

Cons

Upper management didn't seem to care about entry level employees

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to everyone

"Don't go there"

Former Employee - RN Former Empolyee
    Former Employee - RN Former Empolyee

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers attempted to work as a team to get the job done and care for the callers.

Cons

Management was dishonest, self-serving, and micro managed every moment. They talked out of both sides of their mouths. They answer questions with the truth only when pinned down. Rampant favoritism.
    I was told by my own benefits person that I might as well have had no insurance because of how high the co-pay was.

Advice to Management

just be honest upfront and pretend you care.

10. "nurse"

Former Employee - Nurse in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Nurse in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Carewise Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

all co workers are wonderful people

Cons

poor communication from management past year

Advice to Management

communicate focus of the company with changes