KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

43min

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Most Amazing Place Ever

May 4, 2022 - Care Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, environment, support, training. This is the absolute best place I've ever worked. They take care of the employees just as well as they take care of their members.

Cons

There are a lot of changes when you work for a start up, which I find exciting, but if change is not your thing then this might not be the job for you.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Proceed with Caution

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great, flexible work from anywhere culture. Team-oriented collaboration with a great company mission.

Cons

They have a track record of blindsiding people by laying them off without any warning. They're so focused on making the workplace "loopy" and fun that the managers avoid criticism, they just eliminate you. They scaled during the pandemic and hired based on that growth. When growth slowed they laid of 12 of their employees including 3 of their c-suite. What culture is left? Mission driven employees that are walking on eggshells.

3. 5.0

Refreshing

Nov 9, 2021 - Care Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are several incredible reasons to work at Cariloop, however, some of the big ones that stand out to me are respect, autonomy, diversity, and flexibility. Being a Care Coach at Cariloop is incredibly fulfilling because you are treated as the qualified professional that YOU are. You are able to use your expertise and knowledge to help guide members with their cases. Alongside respect, Cariloop allows you autonomy to manage your day-to-day and dictate how to balance the cases you are working on to ensure each member is provided the support they need and in a timely fashion. Additionally, it is refreshing to work with a diverse team of professionals each week because we truly are invited into each team's world and encouraged to ask questions.

Cons

With Cariloop being a fairly newer company, there is growth and change happening frequently. For example, the company is working out kinks for their holiday coverage and how to approach holidays. This season, Cariloop is piloting a new holiday schedule that prohibits staff from taking time off around the holiday season (with the exception of being off on the actual holidays). You need to be able to "go with the flow" for examples such as this.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wouldn't want to work anywhere else!

Mar 23, 2022 - Director of Strategic Growth and Culture
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cariloop puts their money where their mouth is. Incredible leadership and communication across the entire organization. Best caregiving company out there!

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

5. 5.0

Intentional in Every Way

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cariloop has shown intention behind everything since before day 1 of employment, even down to the way equipment is packaged and delivered to you! Everyone genuinely cares and I don't know that a day goes by without someone checking in to see how you are doing, down to the upper leadership of the company. Everyone knows the WHY behind Cariloop and it is evident in the culture and the service provided to our members. The work itself is so rewarding as we are taking stress off of others, supporting them through the caregiving process and giving them the opportunity to spend more time with loved ones. Such a great company to work for and culture to learn in every day!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

6. 5.0

Truly a Family!

Oct 7, 2021 - Care Coach in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cariloop is a breath of fresh air! It is more than what I even could have ever dreamt of! As many of my co-workers have mentioned, Cariloop has the best company culture, team members that become family, and CARING/SUPPORTIVE leaders. I believe that is important to emphasize. I love the transparency that the company has, you always know what is happening, and where the company is headed. This is the only place I ever want to be, and it is unlike anywhere else!

Cons

None, absolutely nothing! It is magical!

7. 5.0

A Strong Culture

Oct 19, 2021 - Care Coach in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cariloop is simply an AMAZING place to work! The entire organization understands the culture, the mission, and most of all, we all understand our WHY! I absolutely love working here and doing all that we do for our members as well as each other! There is an understanding that we not only take care of those that receive our services, but we also take care of each other with compassion, integrity, service, empathy, and respect. This company is honestly too good to be true. Everyone deserves to work in an organization where they are valued,they are seen, and heard. Cariloop is a growing company and the input of their employees is taken into consideration as different innovations are implemented. I simply love it here. If you have a great heart of servant leadership, and you want to seek to serve and help others and you understand the importance of being respectful, genuine, and most importantly, you walk in integrity, then Cariloop is the place for you!

Cons

Working virtually can be challenging at times, especially when your kids arrive home from school, BUT Cariloop is very understanding that their employees are caregivers too. In reality, I cannot think of any other cons because Cariloop has thought of all of the issues of life that we may face and they have incorporated support and love, so we all feel welcomed to be authentic and passionate people looking to help those that need our services!

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 7, 2021 - IT Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cariloop has been a great company to work for. Different from the corporate world where there are a ton of rules that minimize one's potential. Love that the company promotes from within and is big on referrals. If you want to learn and grow within your field, this is the company for you. And work-life balance is a plus!

Cons

Working remotely was an adjustment. Took a few weeks to adapt.

9. 5.0

Walking the talk

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never, ever worked with so many kind and motivated people. We boast a values-centric and human-centric business model and mission, and the folks here walk the talk. It's both a relief and an inspiration to work for a company with a service-centric mission and an unparalleled culture of empathy and innovation.

Cons

Compared to all previous companies in my tech career, absolutely no cons to speak of.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

It is so refreshing to work for a company with a very clear mission and one that I'm proud of.

Sep 4, 2021 - Leadership in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is like nothing I've ever experienced in a very positive way, this is a company that is growing rapidly yet not losing sight of what it stands for. Everyone here seems to truly want to be here and we all care deeply about caregiving.

Cons

There are no real cons. We are realistic that growth has its challenges but the company really does operate as "we" and "we" are all in!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews

Cariloop Reviews FAQs

Cariloop has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 60 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Cariloop to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cariloop employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cariloop. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

95% of Cariloop employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cariloop 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cariloop to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Cariloop Job Seekers