Carlisle IT Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Profit Share, appropriate pay, good community, quality management

Cons

clock-in process is a pain for hourly, large corporation takes time to achieve anything internally

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having just celebrated my one year anniversary I can say that I am so happy to be a part of this team! CIT is a busy, fast paced organization with lots happening every day which means variety and challenges in my work. The environment is great, very friendly and team driven and there is a true sense of community here.

Cons

Sometimes with the fast paced nature of the business there can be some communication gaps between departments, nothing major but it can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep communications open with employees as you have, I believe management walks a fine line sometimes in balancing it all, but overall they are great!

"Worst company I ever joined"

Current Employee - Manager in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Kent, WA

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time

Pros

If you are a tattle tale and a child. And have no talent and no drive to better yourself, Work here. they will love you.

Cons

This company coaxed me to join them, I wanted my time and went almost a year wasting my talent. They have people literally walking around doing nothing. NOTHING. getting paid for nothing . And laying off the hourly workers. The folks in charge are not very smart at all. I am very surprised, this place is a joke. Takes zero brains to work here. They do everything wrong, nothing is in place to take corrective action. They do not support their employees. They discriminate and treat employees wrong and do it sneaky so no one can prove it. This company is either paying off inspectors or the inspectors just don't care and do their jobs like everyone in upper management at Carlisle, they don't. No talent to work here. It's a dispicible place. KARMA WILL GET CARLISLE.

Advice to Management

You will all be on unemployment soon. Keep up the terrible work, and Keep those terrible employees, they will make your company great. NOT.

"If you are an Aerospace Engineer do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

I worked at Carlisle IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some professional people that work here. For Mechanical Engineers it is certainly a place to work for as a direct employee. Contract Engineers should avoid this place though.

Cons

Engineering management is poor. If you have professional Aerospace Experience this culture will not respect you working there even if you came from Boeing. The only people that are respected are the ones that throw others under the bus for there own personal gain. Absolutely no growth for an Electrical Engineer.

Advice to Management

Start evaluating how your Team Leads treat their Engineers and Designers, especially the contract engineers. Start off with asking the question are they being truthful or are they telling me what they want me to hear.

"You have to laugh or this place will drive you insane."

Current Employee - Production in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Production in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, health insurance isn't bad, there are SOME great people that work there.

Cons

Oh where do I begin?

Lets start with management, simply put they're awful. They're usually someone's kin or friend who has no business being in their position in the first place. The rest are just bad managers who have been in the wire and cable industry for so long they're just milking the job until they can retire in a few years . Then there's the young up and comers who kissed so much butt it's unbelievable their superiors can't see through their BS. Although I'm sure they just enjoy it. I mean some of them have made up positions for God's sake! You wanna cut costs try looking at indirect labor! Anyway, There is maybe one or two good managers that people actually enjoy working for, I mean as much as you can enjoy working in this hell hole. And that's being nice.The good ol boy culture is sickening at times, watching hard working and actually intelligent people get looked over for the previously mentioned kin and friends or just to keep them as operators because they can't afford to lose good ones and bring their metrics down. More on the metrics later.

In more or less words HR doesn't stand for human resources in this company as it seems they're more on the company's side on pretty much everything. Nice people though, so all the disappointing news they have to give us is delivered with a cheeky smile at least. Sorry ladies.

Now for metrics COS pushes down everyone's throats. COS (Carlisle operating systems), in other words the most useless department in the entirety of Carlisle. Their sole purpose is to track and hold managers accountable for metrics made up by upper management. These metrics are more often than not tracked completely wrong, not at all, or made up to get them off our backs. Other than that I have no idea what they get paid for, to order lunches and give,out t-shirts? Yet another place they should have considered when they started this "cost cutting." Complete waste of resources.

Don't even get me started on the "training department" which is closely linked with COS. The only training they do is your initial orientation and whatever useless class or skill them or upper management thinks will improve people. That knowledge falls on mostly deaf ears. Actual operator job training falls on "veteran" employees and is typically rushed due to frequent vacancies throughout the factory because of a high turnover rate. The the over rate dilemma is the most comical one. They've been trying to figure out why it's so high but when pay is brought up they don't want to hear it. That absolutely couldn't be it in their eyes. I have news for you Carlisle management, it's definitely pay AND your awful management team. They've tried to remedy the cost of the night turnover by hiring temps isn't then seeing who's left to move to fully vested employees but that doesn't seem to be cutting it. There's signs up now trying to incentivize current employees with a $300 bonus for referrals.

There's literally zero incentive to learn more than you have to. There are no raises once you learn a new machine and you better believe once you learn more than one they'll have you stretched thin doing both or more. The only raise you'll ever get is the yearly 3% or 4% or if you get promoted to lead or tech which isn't much of a raise either for the added stress. Meanwhile the bottom of the barrel operators can do little more than just show up, know one machine, and make as much money as someone busting their butts everyday keeping machines up and running efficiently all while trying to make little to no scrap (one of those pesky metrics).

Lastly let's talk about overtime. When things get busy there have been times where over time is mandatory, meaning you work Monday through Saturday and some times Sundays. This is again mandatory but the managers are not required to be there. At least come in an check on your people, maybe show them you appreciate them even though you're taking one of their days off every week, sometimes for months at a time. The paychecks after those are fantastic but again you're working 6-7 days a week. That gets old real fast. Can't imagine how people with families do it. For how little they pay their employees voluntary overtime used to be the saving grace to catch up on some bills or whatever but since the cost cutting that's taken place you don't get any overtime unless they tell you you get the honor....gimme a break.

Advice to Management

This place needs a serious overhaul. The culture is sad, everyone complains about everything, and your wages are below comparable factory work. No wonder nobody wants to keep working here.

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I worked at Carlisle IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, received qtrly bonuses, free food for special occasions.

Cons

Not much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Listen to the workers on how to solve a problem

7. "Innovative company"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Kent, WA

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, innovative, high-tech, a lot of driven and talented individuals here. R&D is big, Senior management is more than willing to explore markets that the company didn't have a presence in the past.

Cons

If you are not comfortable with change and with some level of uncertainty, this company is not for you. Because the company is constantly innovating, creating and trying out new ideas and process, it can chaotic sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and investing in innovation.

8. "Don't"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There aren't really any pros.

Cons

If you love working in a toxic environment, welcome to Carlisle.
    Management seems to only value and respect fellow managers, and engineering. Everyone else is looked at as worthless and easily replaceable. The human resources department is the one of the most unapproachable and unhelpful departments in the company. Ironically, the company keeps hiring more of them, instead of spending to bring in more production folks, for example.
    In rapid fashion, the company is losing employees by way of firing, and outright quitting.
    The pay is minimal, unless you're upper management or an engineer.

Advice to Management

Care about the employees that are dedicated and take pride in their hard work. Tear down the silos that you claim you are trying to. If you can't do that, do everyone a favor and show yourselves the door.
    Bring in a director that gets it.

"A place to gain some skills to obtain a better job!"

Former Employee - Engineer in Franklin, WI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Franklin, WI

I worked at Carlisle IT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is an opportunity to develop and expand ones skill set. From a financial perspective, Carlisle is a well run organization.

Cons

Carlisle tends to hire young, inexperienced, or poorly trained managers. This creates an environment where the managers tend to be abusive and have poor interpersonal skills.

Advice to Management

People leave managers, not companies.

10. "Special Projects, Corporate Learning & Development"

Current Employee - Special Projects in Franklin, WI
    Current Employee - Special Projects in Franklin, WI

I have been working at Carlisle IT full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

High Integrity, quality driven, customer and employee focused, and driven for continual improvement of product, service, and employee.

Cons

May be growing too fast. But they are working to keep things in control.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work