Carlisle & Gallagher Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Bob Gallagher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • At CG, don't expect to travel and there is a great work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Nice people with diverse backgrounds to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is set there is No raises not even for the so called team leads (in 5 reviews)

• High turnover due to lack of organizational communication from upper management to delivery managers of potential client engagements (in 5 reviews)

1. "Good company, good people"

Pros

Flexibility in assignments, as much or little travel as desired, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

Management (all levels) does not always share important, career impacting information. Difficult to remain on staff if not willing to travel at least on a occasional basis.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Farmers Branch, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at Carlisle & Gallagher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of your coworkers, team leads, and manager all agreed on one thing: If we were offered another position, we are surely going to accept it. We would go out to happy hour to celebrate our about to be "former" coworker last day of misery. My wife was so happy when I decided to quit my job cold turkey so she doesn't have to listen to my and my coworker complaints about our jobs.

Cons

No one seems to know what they are doing. It takes them from 2 weeks to 3 months to assign you a laptop to work with. I was one of the top producers in the company completing an average of 30 cases a day compared to an average of 8 cases a day while mentoring and helping my colleagues at the same time. Since upper management and team leads have no clues how to to these cases resulting in an extremely slow process, I create and implement a process improvement and help trained newcomer saving the company hundreds thousands of dollars. No formal recognition of any type was given after multiple process improvements over multiple service lines.

Not sure what is going on with this company but it finally got to a point where I cannot stand any longer. I quit my $50k job to take a $30k job that makes me so much happier. My wife no longer has to hear about how much I hate my job. I still hang out with my former coworkers who is still at Carlisle (NTT Data) and she refused to go those event because she hates listening to all of them complained about their job.

Advice to Management

NTT Data, why don't you take a look at this service branch. It is probably one of the worst investment you've ever made. This consulting services alone gives you a bad reputation as the employer.

"Business is shaky"

I worked at Carlisle & Gallagher full-time

Pros

NIce people and not too demanding

Cons

Business strategy is very lacking

"Not a Good Company"

Pros

Unlimited OT, Long Lunch Break, very relaxed environment. Make your own schedule

Cons

This company was recently bought out by NTT Data and is now know as NTT Data Consulting. I would advise you to stay far away from this company. If you want to move up you have to be willing to throw your other co-workers under the bus. This company has lots of lay-offs and are very selective on how they do it. If you have potential or care about your overall career they will let you go without hesitation. They want people who are worker bees and will do whatever management says without questioning. They want inside the box thinkers.

Terrible benefits

Advice to Management

Value talent within the company

"Quality Assurance"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Subject Matter Expert, Training & Development Leader in Plano, TX

I worked at Carlisle & Gallagher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to grow with.
    Great benefits.
    Great management and compensation.
    Great training.

Cons

Too much time waiting for placement in between projects.

Advice to Management

Set aside the time for team building events to really get to know employees and their career goals for advancement.

"No Opportunities For Advancements"

I worked at Carlisle & Gallagher full-time

Pros

Promotions are not based on experience.

Cons

I worked with CG for over 4 years. I've seen tons of qualified people looked over because they were not in the group of favorites here. Thank goodness that I was, but it was disheartening to see people overlooked because they were not buddies with the consultants and project managers. They promoted team leads simply based on if they liked you.

Advice to Management

Start reviewing resumes of staff when promoting. Most of the team leads are not qualified to even manage themselves. Just because you do your job well does not give you the skills to be a manager.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Farmers Branch, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Farmers Branch, TX

I have been working at Carlisle & Gallagher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has no pros, it is a compete waste of your time. They leadership is grossly incompetent. If you have a brain in your head do not work here.

Cons

No PTO or sick days, benefits are crap and working condition is pathetic. The company cares nothing for you and you're completely replaceable.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people and completely get rid of management.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Farmers Branch, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at Carlisle & Gallagher (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people with diverse backgrounds to work with.

Cons

Only room for growth was becoming a team lead and that wasn't much of a step up.

"Dont"

I have been working at Carlisle & Gallagher full-time

Pros

There aren't any I can possibly think of. Don't work here if you have any self respect.

Cons

They will treat you like complete crap if you aren't the right fit. Some teams, like m&a, make you feel less than human. Just stay away.

Advice to Management

Stop the snobby attitude. The only thing that would change the company would be to throw out the whole management.

10. "Good Contract Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at Carlisle & Gallagher (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Flexible schedule, Pay, Location

Cons

Favortism, Training, Management, New contracts