Carma Productions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carma Productions Chief Executive Officer Marci A. Alt
Marci A. Alt

1. "Incredible Fringe Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carma Productions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a small company there's a lot of room for growth and making your own way in the company. Both the owners are open to optimizing roles and practices within the company to make it better.
    One of the incredible things is the events it sponsors. If the event is close to your city you'll get to attend and usually get a access to various VIP and special events. Something you don't get with bigger companies.

Cons

One of it's strengths is also it's weaknesses at times, with the change can come change in procedures. Or sometimes something just doesn't flow but you can't tell what it is or how to fix it. I know they are always working on making things better so it's really not a big deal in the long run. Plus if you like problem solving and innovation it's a great way to shine.

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice is to keep up the good work and stay fluid in your evolution as a company.

2. "Worst Ever"

Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carma Productions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to this was that it was an LGBT company so you could be yourself if you were part of the LGBT community.

Cons

Management was verbally abusive and rude. They cursed at you, talked down to you and questioned your every move. I had a doctor appointment and was asked for the address so they could mapquest it and know when to let me leave for it. I quit after that; that was so ridiculous.

Advice to Management

I hope things have improved over the years but if not, stop being so condescending and rude. Treat people like human beings and pay them more.

3. "hectic environment"

Pros

casual wardobe, many of the people were very nice, pretty decent schedule.

Cons

crazy work environment...very difficult to make & receive phone calls...extremely loud in work room

Advice to Management

tone it down a little bit

"Awful"

Former Employee - Appointment Setter: in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter: in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carma Productions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my coworkers were nice.

Cons

Too much to list. You will be treated like a slave!

Advice to Management

Treat people like HUMANS!

Nov 30, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer & Partner

We are sorry you did not enjoy your time at Carma Productions. We strive to make sure all of our associates are treated fairly and know their value to the organization. I would encourage you to ... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA

I worked at Carma Productions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Great opportunity to advance in really any aspect of the company you wish.

* great work environment and atmosphere.. does not even really feel like you are at work sometimes.

* Management and ownership are great, they realize that work is just a part of life and not the reason you live... you can truly go to them with any issue in life and they will support you and help you..Sadly i wish i could still be there today, i did not take my own advice and go to them with my issues. I would have loved to remain with the company in some capacity, they treated me better then i treated them and i am sorry for that and how i departed. The experience at Carma is great. They believed in me when i did not believe in myself.

* The pay structure is legit for a sales person its a W-2 and the commission rate is good. Plus they are good about covering expenses.

* Co-workers are great you can reach out to them anytime and they are glad to help.

Cons

* The product is sadly not affordable for many small business owners today in America, with that being said for the businesses that can afford it i found that the price may not be an issue for them in general but it is too expensive for them to make a same day purchase of it. I mean when you think about it business owner or not people are really only willing to spend $1000 plus dollars or so in a short amount of time ( 15-30 minutes..which is how long your sales pitch will be) if it is a must have like paying a plumber to come fix a burst pipe in your house. Bottom line though if you can really really sell this wont be a problem for you.

* I believe this business sadly kind of has an irony too it. This being that the more our society advances in accepting the LGBT community ( which i support fully) the less of a need there is for products of this company. With that being said sadly discrimination will always exist. I have no doubt though that one day the LGBT community will be accepted the way it should while at the same time carma productions will find a way to transition its business to remain profitable and well doing on behalf of the community.

Advice to Management

For the most part keep doing what you are doing. However i would address with your employees especially new ones the info online about your founders alleged criminal record. This personally did not bother me because i was not sure if any of it was true since the stuff i found online was not the most legit looking... but it could possibly drive away great employees who are considering joining the team. I would also say to get your national sales manager some help as far as lessening her workload, she is a great person and i would hate to see her get burned out for the sake of the business and for her sake. Another piece of advice would be to lighten the back log work for sales people on walk ins.. I say this because while i know that data is important for obvious reasons to any company the sales people at carma want to do more walk ins but at the end of the day they do not because they do not want to have to deal with the back log work that comes with it. We all know revenue cures all and from a business ideology standpoint you never want anything standing in the way from motivating your employees to go out and sell and sadly the back log work does. To fix this problem i would suggest to either get rid of the salesforce back logging for walk ins or give them extra incentive to do walk ins. I would also think about getting rid of the 3 interview process because sadly a ton of scam companies do that and that might set off red flags. I would suggest maybe just one skype interview where all 3 hiring people are attending.

Nov 30, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer & Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback! We certainly do appreciate it!

7. "No benefits and no policies"

Former Employee - GA - Georgia in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - GA - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

Pros

If you are gay that is the place to work!

Cons

Low pay, long hours and no insurance benefits.

Advice to Management

Give more people a chance in telemarketing to go out and sell. Especially people of color!

Aug 27, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer & Partner

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with our organization. We strive to create a work environment that is comfortable for all while simultaneously providing proper ... More

8. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

Pros

Very happy to be a new family member, looking forward to meet everyone on training

Cons

did not like the assessment test

9. "They"

Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Orlando, FL

Pros

-Amazing staff
    -Daily motivational call from boss
    -Free speech a.k.a no BS (direct communication)
    -Constant mentoring
    -Extremely supportive environment
    -Good salary

Cons

No cons specifically to this company but selling is a tough industry in general.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great work! The company culture is amazing.

Aug 27, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer & Partner

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you and love hearing that you enjoy the company culture!

10. "Giving back to the LGBT community"

Pros

hands on sales training
    working for an lgbt company, owned and operated
    healthcare stipend
    great pay
    individuality is encouraged

Cons

sometimes lonely in the satellite city but there are LOTS of things that make you feel constantly connected

Aug 27, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer & Partner

Thank you very much for your review! We know it can be difficult when you're the only employee in a market, but we continue to strive to create a true sense of "team". As you have probably noticed ... More

11. "They feel they have a right to abuse."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carma Productions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for hard work. Casual environment. Lots of support.

Cons

Abusive environment. they call it speaking their minds. However they have no respect for anyone's boundaries.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more respect and your turnover rate will not be so high.

Aug 27, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer & Partner

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at Carma Productions. As the COO and one of the founders, I am saddened to hear that you felt as though our environment was "abusive". We work ... More