Carolina Handling Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 28, 2019

3.5
Dave Reder

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Culture, income, management, work/life balance" (in 2 reviews)

• "Great place to work, they honestly try to make sure the employees are taken care of" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "There have been shakeups in upper management and now finger pointing is coming from the top" (in 5 reviews)

• "So my advise is stay away if you enjoy honest hard work but if you like playing around on an iPad all day go for it" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Office Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Office Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Carolina Handling is a great place to work. I have been here almost a year and couldn't be happier with my change. I get a lot of support from my team and still learning something new everyday. My manager is open to new ideas and allows me freedom to go about the work in my own way.

Cons

From what I hear, Carolina Handling used to be a lot different. I think the growth has made some people uncomfortable. There a lot of new managers in general and that can be hard on any company. There are also a lot of time consuming processes. It can take me multiple steps to complete the simplest of tasks.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Be open to ideas outside of your comfort zone. Offer more flexible work options.

May 29, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review Carolina Handling. Our Customers and our Associates are the key to our success. Continuous improvement is critical as we continue to be the leader in the... More

2. "Field service technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The family environment and general good vibes put forth by the entire crew at Carolina Handling was a breath of fresh air. My extensive experience in the automotive industry had bittered me towards the public as a whole. My experience thus far has really restored my faith in humanity and more importantly myself. Thanks to all the folks at Carolina Handling for making me feel like part of the family right out of the gate.

Cons

The sheer size of the company and volume of information to take in from day one has been quite a bit of an adjustment. Especially coming from the small business sector.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work!

"Get with the times"

Current Employee - Associate in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great overall view. Good pay, you have to earn it. Nice people. Flexible with hours and personal time.

Cons

Business systems and technology is outdated, archaic and terrible. 4 different people to accomplish one task. How about an outside developer for the technology issues, let some professionals handle it.

Advice to Management

Get with the times.

Mar 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Carolina Handling. Our Associates are the most important part of our business. Pay, benefits, flexibility and a great culture are vital to our... More

"N/A"

I worked at Carolina Handling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is only based off the 2 years out of 3, but I learned so much about the field, especially coming in brand new to the department. I had a great manager who saw the best in me and knew I could grow with the company. The office associates are the nicest and sweetest people.

Cons

Pay could be a lot better at this company. After being here for 3+ years, and only received a total of $1.50 raise is pretty pathetic. This company loves to promise their employees promotions and pay raises, but it's all talk. If you're employed at this company, you'll soon realize that the upper management only cares if you're in Sales or Service. Any other department that works their butts off, receives no credit. Highly recommend not working for this company.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management team is to start listening to your employees. If you haven't noticed already that you continue losing great employees, then obviously you're doing something wrong. Providing fun events will not take care of the problem. Upper management needs to stop acting like it's a fraternity. You can't trust anyone in this company. Once you think you can trust someone, they go and stab you in the back, even though they claim it's an open door policy.

Jan 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, they honestly try to make sure the employees are taken care of. I transitioned from the military and have had a good experience so far. As a service technician you are givin alot of freedom throughout the day and you are givin a lot of trust. Good job security as fork lifts are necessary for companys to run. As a technician you can work as many hours of overtime as you would like and there is a close knit between the teams you work in.

Cons

Biggest complaint is you work long hours unexpectedly, and dont expect any snow days. With the freedom comes the few employees that abuse it. A few of the median section leadership are greedy.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your employees and they will take care of you

Apr 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Carolina Handling believes our Associates are one of the most important ingredients to our business success. We are always looking for qualified candidates who want a... More

"Puppets"

I worked at Carolina Handling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability is available if you’re willing to be a puppet. The ability to think for yourself is not appreciated within this company. Upper management gets recognition for their skill of influencing and manipulating employees. This clique has mastered the ability to tell people what they want to hear and act in a way that is just the opposite. The only individuals that will be successful are the ones who don’t notice the inconsistency.

Cons

You will get brain washed with the famous sales pitch that the company takes care of their employees but this is a facade. There was a time that the company functioned this way but this mentality has expired. Now the culture consist of one ring master and his staff of puppeteers who are recruiting employees that are easily distracted with smoke and mirrors.

7. "Great company culture, happy with my move!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, income, management, work/life balance

Cons

Confined to the Southeast region

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your associates and building company culture

Apr 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us.

8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carolina Handling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits for sales people. Very open conversations with my manager. I always felt like I knew where I was at. Enjoyed my time there.

Cons

The internal support can be challenging. Its hard being in front of customers and not getting an immediate response internally.

Advice to Management

Help internally with issues in the field. It will make everyones lives better.

Mar 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Great pay and benefits are very important as well as great manager/associate relationships. We are always working to improve our internal customer support. Your... More

9. "Accounts oatBle"

Pros

None at all at all

Cons

HR lady keeps saying uh huh when she interviews, disinterested

Advice to Management

HR lady is clueless

"Service tech"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There trucks are very well set up when you hire on. Best I have ever seen.

Cons

You will spend most of your time doing silly computer work on those stupid iPad things. I had 20 years plus in service and it didn't take me long to see the clear picture. The techs have to make numbers up to match there time. At the end of the day you spend much more time having to lie on paperwork to get your hours. Wich is basically stealing. And yes all the techs I worked with did it. The amount of pencil pushing you spend you could rebuild the forklift. So my advise is stay away if you enjoy honest hard work but if you like playing around on an iPad all day go for it. And I would NEVER allow them to service any of my equipment.

Advice to Management

Throw the stupid game pads in the garbage and allow your techs to earn there livin honestly. Stop forcing your service techs to have to lie on paperwork to fead there family's. But my advise to your company is to just keep doing what your doing and go bankrupt so an honest company can take over.