KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Carolina Handling Reviews

Updated Sep 3, 2021

Found 76 of over 76 reviews

3.8
Carolina Handling President and CEO Brent Hillabrand (no image)
Brent Hillabrand
Pros
  • "Great company, Great benefits, Great pay, good people to work with, great knowledge gained(in 5 reviews)

• "Carolina Handling does an excellent job at bringing in good people(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you're employed at this company, you'll soon realize that the upper management only cares if you're in Sales or Service(in 6 reviews)

• "There is a serious "boys clique" at Carolina Handling and if you are not in that club, mainly sales roles, you are not going to be promoted at all(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It really is that great!

Aug 29, 2021 - Rental Technician in Tucker, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The HR department is top notch. If you ever have a need for assistance just send an email or give them a call and you will receive help quickly. Lauren is the best and never fails to resolve any issue you may have. The company is solid. From management to fellow employees. Carolina Handling has fantastic employee support, tools and equipment.

Cons

If there are any cons I am not aware of them.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stable Job

Sep 3, 2021 - Service Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

good hours, really helpful people

Cons

alot of work and not the best pay

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Benefits

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is competitive in the industry and company is respected. Promote within company. Moving into a paperless environment. Phone, Tablet, etc. Work within s m all teams.

Cons

Retirement benefits are not known. Do not know what merger(s) mean in regards to vacation, built up personal days, or any other benefits when ready to retire or trying to decide if ready to retire.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Co-workers

Jul 14, 2021 - Maintenance Technician in Travelers Rest, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trainers are great. Co-workers are good and helpful. Flexible schedule. All the overtime you want.

Cons

Underpaid. Typical upper management not knowing how things are worked on.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Pretty good company with a lot of potential

Jul 11, 2021 - Technician in Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Ability to grow/change positions within the company -Friendly/helpful associates and managers -no micromanagement -great company side 401k/Insurance contributions -good insurance plans -for hourly associates, overtime options are generally readily available to earn extra income a week -Exposure to learn new skills and develop in the workforce - dedicated training department -Current WFH/Hybrid WFH options for office based departments -Vacation and PTO options are very well thought out -Great equipment options; depending on the department they provide utility vans, phones, tablets, laptops, safety boot reimbursement, work clothing allowance, PPE, company vehicles, etc -Pretty easy communication across departments

Cons

-Too lean with staffing/Too much work on individual associates -base pay/salary is lower than average -standard work hour expectation is 50+ hours a week across departments in general -no bonuses for support departments - for hourly employees, taking a vacation means less pay that week ( no OT) and a pileup of work before you leave and when you come back which also affects team members -Weekend work isn't uncommon to keep from falling behind or meeting deadlines -Not uncommon for salary associates to rack up hours in unpaid OT territory

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent

Jul 7, 2021 - Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mostly good people, learn a lot, get to work remote

Cons

Unfiar treatment, do as I say not as I do, leadership, promotions all about who you know

7. 3.0

Review

Jun 28, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People to work with.

Cons

Inconsistent and weird training process.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

May 25, 2021 - Field Service Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to go to work

Cons

Not a bad place to work

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 6, 2021 - Field Service Technician in Asheville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, good benefits, plenty of work. They train you very well, equip you with all the specialty tools needed to get the job done.

Cons

Paperwork can be a bit much at times.

10. 5.0

A game changer

Apr 24, 2021 - Team Leader in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I came to this company completely burnt out. I had always been just another number and never truly appreciated. They instantly made me feel like I was at home. We are a tight knit group that takes care of each other. In my first 18 months on the job they grew me into a leadership role and give me all the support and tools I need to be successful ever day. Hands down this is my forever job. I've always been told that if you love what you do, you'll never work a day. I can honestly say I feel that!

Cons

I honestly can't say anything bad, if there has ever been a time I had an issue. It was resolved fast and fairly. This company really has that "my brother's keeper" mentality and strives to provide service leadership at the highest level possible!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews