Carolina Handling "hard work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Carolina Handling Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.6
Carolina Handling CEO Dave Reder (no image)
Dave Reder
Pros
  • "Great company that cares about their employees and has high expectations that there employees must achieve(in 3 reviews)

• "Pay is good, Team system and territory works well(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you're employed at this company, you'll soon realize that the upper management only cares if you're in Sales or Service(in 5 reviews)

• "So my advise is stay away if you enjoy honest hard work but if you like playing around on an iPad all day go for it(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews

"Financially solid company with wonderful Associates and company culture"

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time

Pros

Management cares about their Associates and sees them as customers. Your opinion matters! Great overall compensation - competitive salary with strong 401(k) plan and other benefits package. The company offers growth and promotes from within. Hard work and dedication are appreciated.

Cons

Finding a good work / life balance requires discipline from the Associate. There is a lot of work to do and it is easy to lose yourself if not focused.

Advice to Management

As company continues to grow, don't forget the key values and priorities that made the company successful.

Carolina Handling2017-03-10

"Service tech"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time for more than a year

Pros

There trucks are very well set up when you hire on. Best I have ever seen.

Cons

You will spend most of your time doing silly computer work on those stupid iPad things. I had 20 years plus in service and it didn't take me long to see the clear picture. The techs have to make numbers up to match there time. At the end of the day you spend much more time having to lie on paperwork to get your hours. Wich is basically stealing. And yes all the techs I worked with did it. The amount of pencil... pushing you spend you could rebuild the forklift. So my advise is stay away if you enjoy honest hard work but if you like playing around on an iPad all day go for it. And I would NEVER allow them to service any of my equipment.

Advice to Management

Throw the stupid game pads in the garbage and allow your techs to earn there livin honestly. Stop forcing your service techs to have to lie on paperwork to fead there family's. But my advise to your company is to just keep doing what your doing and go bankrupt so an honest company can take over.

Carolina Handling2017-12-01

"Rental Coordinator - they don't allow for negative star reviews, otherwise this company would get one!"

Former Employee - Rental Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carolina Handling full-time for more than a year

Pros

401k. The 401k plan was very lucrative and extensive. I believe it is still strong and very beneficial to the employees, but not as grand as they say.

Cons

They defiantly talk the talk, BUT do NOT walk the walk. When I first started, I was sold the culture of the company and how much they invest in the employees giving them room to grow. Unfortunately, this is a culture of the past. Since their acquisition by majority partners, this company is a shell of its former self when it comes to its training, employee relations, and upward mobility for educated and... talented individuals. In the particular role I was in I worked countless hours to keep up with demand of an outside sales force that was given preferential treatment from upper management. Upper managements makes it clear through their actions and words that they completely devalue the employees that are not in sales and work in inside administrative roles. Their systems are so out dated and it puts a strain on those processing orders and actually dealing with customer problems and relations. At one point, due to the companies inability to hire talent and/or refusal to increase their staff, I worked 70-90 hours per week to keep up with the demanding sales team and process orders. I was then questioned on my time spent to keep the department afloat and asked why I was working so much overtime. To upper managements own admission, there should have been 3-4 associates working in my role at the time. I was the only one still employed in the department at the time! Not due to firings or layoffs, but due to the fact that this company overworks the associates and puts so much stress and creates a demanding culture that employees left in droves! They cannot keep employees that are talented in positions of need because of their severe mismanagement and overworking of its employees. There is a serious "boys clique" at Carolina Handling and if you are not in that club, mainly sales roles, you are not going to be promoted at all! It's almost as if the clique treats themselves as a private fraternity and will tell you till their blue in the face that hard work, dedication, intellect, and growth is what will allow you to climb the corporate latter at Carolina Handling. Unfortunately, being an incompetent salesmen with an affinity for golf, getting drunk, and strip clubs is what gets you ahead. You could always choose to suck up to upper management and feed their irrational egos. If your in a sales, role or interviewing for one, you have a golden road to act completely incompetent even while giving away company profits to win a deal and putting the onus on inside positions to deliver to customers on unrealistic promises. At best, Carolina Handling is a company in steep decline and living off past reputations. At its worst, it severally struggles to keep up with quality while alienating its employees, customers, culture, and core values that they preach in an interview are still in place. I was ready to give my heart and sole to this company, but they continuously let me down time after time. Please be aware of this company's change in morals and values when interviewing. They will tell you that they are the best and you will end your career there. If you are going out for sales and given a sales territory because your an ex frat boy that didn't graduate, you will love your job. If you apply for anything else besides sales, good luck to you and your sanity if you decide to work there. I highly recommend you reconsider because you will hate yourself within the first four months after that romance period wears off! Upper management and sales are more concerned about overworking you and playing golf more than anything else! The worst part is, they are not even in the top five of forklift providers in quality and ease of doing business! God bless anyone who is still working there or who is considering working there! There is not enough time in the day to speak on how mismanaged this company is! Do yourself and your family a favor and STAY away!

Advice to Management

Start practicing what you preach and treating employees how you promised you would treat them in the interview process! You could have had an employee for life, but your mishandling of every possible situation left me no choice but to change careers! Good luck and God speed!

Carolina Handling2017-07-21

"If you want to grow personally & financially"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Excellent matching 401K, best so far was last year (2014)- 528% -Challenging work environment -Secure employment if you work hard, take care of three things; the customer, Carolina Handling and yourself -It's very common to hear newer associates say they've never seen such a great group of people to with before. -A culture of very high ethical standards & mutual respect -Best people also means highest... compensation in the industry -If you want to work, there's plenty of it. The technicians average over 50 hours a week Monday through Friday -Team environment with plenty of people around willing to help out. - Once hired, coworkers see it as their responsibility to make sure you succeed -Lots of training and growth opportunities -Once a year Associates weekend gathering including your family. The past few years have been ocean front at the Hilton in Myrtle Beach with over a thousand of us there. -Hard work you can be proud of

Cons

- Hard work -Tedious hiring process, but they do want to make sure you're a fit with the culture -High demands from all associates

Carolina Handling2015-10-30