Carollo Engineers Reviews | Glassdoor

Carollo Engineers Reviews

Updated 14 Aug 2019

4.0
Carollo Engineers CEO B. Narayanan (no image)
B. Narayanan
Pros
  • "There is a great company atmosphere, you really do feel like you are apart of a family and the company cares for you(in 7 reviews)

• "Focus and passion directed exclusively toward water and collegial culture creates a great work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The upper management structure is opaque to lower levels(in 4 reviews)

• "Company is growing and seems as though management is working hard to keep ahead of the growing pains(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Engineering Lead

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked at Carollo for the past 5 years. Great culture and company. I love working here. Can be hard to be extremely busy and happy at the same time but Carollo has made it happen for me.

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

None

Carollo Engineers2019-08-14

"Excellent place to learn"

Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time

Pros

Comp time is great and office, as well as Company as a whole, is very tight knit.

Cons

The "tight knit" side of the Company seems to prevent advancement if you do not conform with the upper management's personalities. Not un-typical at many other companies.

Carollo Engineers2019-07-24

"It all about the senior Shareholders"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time

Pros

Interesting projects and good staff

Cons

It all about making a few individuals wealthy

Advice to Management

Care about the people

Carollo Engineers2019-06-26

"Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture with focus on employees as key to growth, many opportunities to work on multi-discipline projects, senior managers still work on design projects with you, executive managers only a phone call away, CEO travels to offices frequently, noticed that many of the employees are 10+ years with the company, great work environment, ability to guide your own career path.

Cons

Telling job recruiters over and over again, "I am very happy at Carollo!"

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee work-life balance because employees take notice, continue to offer and expand leadership program as employees see the benefits.

Carollo Engineers2019-05-16
  5. "Industry leader with people-focused culture"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Top management truly cares about employees as top priority. Collaboration and knowledge sharing between the entire company is prominent. Culture is focused on delivering outstanding client service, while providing innovative solutions.

Cons

Some internal processes could be improved.

Carollo Engineers2019-04-27
  6. "Great people and exciting opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Supportive and caring management group. Great people at all levels. Flat org chart. Exciting projects. Collaborative culture across different offices and regions.

Cons

Small presence in the Northeast region.

Advice to Management

Keep current focus on people and keep company at current size.

Carollo Engineers2019-04-25
  7. "The company I always dreamed of but never thought existed"

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful inclusive and caring company culture. The company understands that its value is solely a reflection of its personnel so it protects and nurtures its employees. Great quality control and attention to detail. Company understands the importance of empowering staff to work with clients. Right size company: big enough that it has great technical leaders but small enough that every employee can make his mark.

Cons

Company recently went through a bit of a growth spurt and there have been a few instances where some areas of the company have had to catch up and provide service in line with the new size.

Advice to Management

Keep up the caring attitude toward staff.

Carollo Engineers2019-04-25
  8. "Grass isn't always greener"

Former Employee - Project Engineer

I worked at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They care about there people and do big company projects with a small company approach. Great experience for young engineers.

Cons

Okay salary increases but made up for by bonuses.

"The company that cares"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't know why I felt compelled to write this, but after this week I felt it was warranted. I have been with Carollo Engineers for about a year and a half now and there truly is not enough space to list all the great things about working for this company. From day one I saw that this was unlike any other company and it truly didn't matter what position you were in. No matter where you were on the ladder, you were... treated equal. Those that hold a higher responsibility in the company and have major titles are some of the most down to earth humble people I have ever met. Our CEO B. Naryanan is truly the most laid back guy ever and so easy to talk to. J. Loera the office manager is the most compassionate, kind, honest, and overall the greatest boss I have ever had. S. Cabrera the office admin is super easy going and makes the rough days better. The thing I love most about working here is the amount of compassion, hard work, and professionalism there is within everyone. When I get up in the morning I don't dread going to work, and who gets to really say that now a days? There are many in the company I could comment on for their goodness, because everyone is truly so great in their own way, however this would be pages long. This past week I had some difficult tasks put in front of me and as you all know, life gets pretty heavy sometimes. The people at Carollo Engineers held me together and took some weight from me. This was one of the many moments I witnessed this company taking care of their people. There isn't enough room for me to express how amazing this company is and how grateful I am for Carollo Engineers. The people they have within the company, the amount of respect and compassion for everyone, and overall the work ethic is truly unmatched. As I said before I don't know what led me to write this, but I just felt you all should know.

Cons

Not a single one

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! John A. Carollo would be proud

Carollo Engineers2019-04-15

"Lack of support"

I worked at Carollo Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Comptime is paid out, so if you're one of those employees who gets periodically gets stuck with overtime/travel, you are compensated.

Cons

Poor, poor management support. Little to no growth opportunities. It's a group of engineers, so unless you're adept at navigating the socially awkward waters of ego and introversion, beware. There was a strange restructuring a while back that made everything 100 times worse.

Carollo Engineers2019-03-06