Carowinds Ride Attendant Reviews | Glassdoor

Matt Ouimet

"It's a good job"

Former Employee - Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The best things about working at Carowinds is that you get to meet people that you normally wouldn't meet on your daily routine or throughout your normal day and if you worked on rides like I did, you get the see a side of them that rarely comes out - that pure excitement before the ride starts. I worked on a premier ride, so I got a lot of that. It truly is an amazing job for a summer paycheck

Cons

The negative side to Carowinds would have to be the weather. During the summer when it is most busy and hot as ever, it can definitely get overwhelming and very fast paced. During that time, a lot of safety precautions have to be taken. Guests may have unknown health issues and may pass out from the hear on and off of the ride. The lines will forever be long, and it'll seem unstoppable. On those days, you have to prepare...

Advice to Management

It would be nice to stop by each ride and check on the employees sometime. Only the Areas Sups cone by, and even still it's just to tell us to do something else. The only time the area managers or anyone of Higher status comes by is when they want to observe us and judges, instead of coming up there and saying "hey thanks so much for all the hard work that you are doing or that you've been doing," instead they just come...

Carowinds2016-01-28
  2. "Pretty Okay"

Current Employee - Ride Attendant

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

-free tickets after you work a certain amount of hours -discounts -great place to meet people

Cons

-the heat -long hours of work -rude customers

Advice to Management

organize!! communication!!

Carowinds2019-02-21
  3. "It's an okay place to work at"

Current Employee - Ride Attendant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

If you're in high school, I recommend applying here. It is literally the easiest and most fun job you'll have in your life. I really recommend going into rides because it is the most paid position in the park which starts off at $9.00. If you have nothing else to do in the summer just work here and make your moneys worth of time spent working.

Cons

As the season start coming closer to Scarowinds, most employees start to leave because of long hours and make it a little bit difficult for closing shifts.

Advice to Management

Management is great, just slow at times, but most of all it is not really fair to make us, those who do not want to go on break go on break ( If we just come in, please do not make us go to break immediately, it is pointless to call it a break if we have not even worked at all yet.)

Carowinds2018-11-29

"It was ..interesting to say the least. Although not a job I enjoyed coming to everyday all day."

Former Employee - Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The pros of working here would be scarowinds. It was a great experience, great people , and great process. The pay was good no matter your age and better if you’re a rehire.

Cons

If you have a safety violation (regarding your self) that was an accident , you get put on final notice. No warning or verbal or anything like that . Then if something else small happens..BAM, you’re out, fired, kicking rocks.

Advice to Management

Get better managers and team leads for the fury ride, thanks .

Carowinds2018-09-21