Carowinds Ride Operator Reviews | Glassdoor

Matt Ouimet
  1. "great company"

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Carowinds full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

discounts and people are great sometimes to work with

Cons

pay is not good at all

Advice to Management

please do better with the pay

Carowinds2019-03-28
  2. "Cool Lil Summer Job"

I worked at Carowinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Drinks Good Food Pretty Girls Everywhere Fun Environment New Friends Welcoming Vibes Chill Job Ride the Rides til you're bored

Cons

Annoying Managers Constant Standing Fat Sweaty Entitled Visitors Allot of High Schoolers

Advice to Management

Find your chill

Carowinds2019-03-18

"It was ..interesting to say the least. Although not a job I enjoyed coming to everyday all day."

Former Employee - Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The pros of working here would be scarowinds. It was a great experience, great people , and great process. The pay was good no matter your age and better if you’re a rehire.

Cons

If you have a safety violation (regarding your self) that was an accident , you get put on final notice. No warning or verbal or anything like that . Then if something else small happens..BAM, you’re out, fired, kicking rocks.

Advice to Management

Get better managers and team leads for the fury ride, thanks .

Carowinds2018-09-21
  4. "Poorly organized"

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Possibility to make good friends in your fellow associates. Meet interesting guests from all over the world

Cons

Whenever you get done doing your job running rides all day, you have to leave your ride and do park services' job and clean bathrooms while they do whatever. Meanwhile park services will never help you operate a ride. During SCarowinds shifts they will send you on break immediately after the park opens at 7 just to get it done, and that is your break for the rest of the night up until about 1am.

Advice to Management

Split rides and park services again, learn how to treat people like your predecessors did.

Carowinds2018-10-01

"RUN!!!"

I worked at Carowinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

If this is your first job and you’ll like to work all summer for money then this job is for you.

Cons

On your feet all day Management uses fear tactics to try and motivate Guest can be rude Short lunch breaks

Advice to Management

Really listen to the employees and see what you can do to make this place an exciting job for teenagers and when employees make/bring up concerns, don’t listen to respond listen to make necessary changes.

Carowinds2018-04-19

"Long weekends"

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Free access to park and water parks. I like the location of th park also.

Cons

It would be better to have he ability to move up in positions faster.

Advice to Management

Think about the things that make Carowinds special. Keep attracting newer rides also.

Carowinds2016-07-07

"It's a good job"

Former Employee - Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The best things about working at Carowinds is that you get to meet people that you normally wouldn't meet on your daily routine or throughout your normal day and if you worked on rides like I did, you get the see a side of them that rarely comes out - that pure excitement before the ride starts. I worked on a premier ride, so I got a lot of that. It truly is an amazing job for a summer paycheck

Cons

The negative side to Carowinds would have to be the weather. During the summer when it is most busy and hot as ever, it can definitely get overwhelming and very fast paced. During that time, a lot of safety precautions have to be taken. Guests may have unknown health issues and may pass out from the hear on and off of the ride. The lines will forever be long, and it'll seem unstoppable. On those days, you have to prepare...

Advice to Management

It would be nice to stop by each ride and check on the employees sometime. Only the Areas Sups cone by, and even still it's just to tell us to do something else. The only time the area managers or anyone of Higher status comes by is when they want to observe us and judges, instead of coming up there and saying "hey thanks so much for all the hard work that you are doing or that you've been doing," instead they just come...

Carowinds2016-01-28
  8. "Overall not too bad"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to meet so many kinds of people and see a lot of things, it is an amusement park after all. I got to meet some of the best managers too.

Cons

It can get really hot, and sometimes you can get stuck in the same position for hours. You can expect to spend more time there than you will at home.

Carowinds2016-01-06