Carowinds Seasonal Admissions Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Matt Ouimet
  1. "It's great"

Current Employee - Seasonal Admissions Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with a variety of people

Cons

You work in any weather

Carowinds2015-09-26
  2. "It is a pretty easy job but gets boring"

Current Employee - Seasonal Admissions Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carowinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's easy They work with your schedule - somewhat Nice associates for the most part

Cons

Very low pay - I got minimum wage in Admissions Gets very boring very quickly - you'll be counting down the minutes right when you get there Aggravated customers ALL THE TIME Poor management and structure - they don't trust you AT ALL

Advice to Management

Please trust your employees more and stop slapping their hand every time a customer messes up, not the employee Please pay your employees more - minimum wage isn't cutting what I have to deal with every day Please make the structure more transparent and stop treating us like infants who need a parent behind their back 24/7

Carowinds2014-05-28
  3. "A Very Poor Company For All Ages"

Former Employee - Seasonal Admissions Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for the company did not present any "Pros", however I did find my fellow associates to be very friendly. Friendly associates allowed for good working relationships that helped make the job a little better.

Cons

Cedar Fair has many cons... 1.) No benefits for employees were offered, no paid holidays, no paid sick days, 401 K, and insurance. 2.) Poorly trained management and supervisors. Most of the time the supervisors held a "cocky" attitude and demonstrated the belief that they were "better" than the rest of the employees. When a problem arose with a customer in a certain area, supervisors would send the customer to another...

Advice to Management

Better train supervisors and hire supervisors who have had experiance in the field. Young teenagers do not work well as supervisors, especially if they have not had experiance in the job before.

Carowinds2012-11-04