Carowinds "air conditioning" Reviews | Glassdoor

Carowinds Employee Reviews about "air conditioning"

Found 163 reviews

3.2
Matt Ouimet
Pros
  • "Free tickets, free admission to the parks and other parks, and the people you work with(in 15 reviews)

• "You get 4 free tickets your first year working after you work 150hours(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "8 hours of intense heat and humidity in a stressful environment leads to a pretty sucky day(in 17 reviews)

• "Less hours once summer is coming to an end, long hours on holidays, very strict about rules such as having phone on you(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "air conditioning"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Not My Best Idea"

Former Employee - Merchandise Associate

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve tried really hard to come up with something, but even the free tickets and admission to Winterfest were not advantageous as all of my family had season passes.

Cons

The interview process is unreasonably long and is specifically designed so they can virtually hire anyone and their brother, regardless of their abilities. Once hired, you attend an initial training session that reviews the general rules of the park/employment. After that, you must sign up for additional training for your department. The department training was absolutely horrendous. As part of your training, you speak...

Advice to Management

Please train your associates better, it makes it easier on everyone. Fix the break situation;don’t send someone on break when they’ve only been there 10 minutes because that is what’s most convenient for you.

Carowinds2019-01-29

"Not What I expected"

I worked at Carowinds full-time

Pros

The best part about working for a theme park was that I didn't have to purchase a season pass. They let all employees get in for free.

Cons

Some things I didn't like about working for carowinds was that it was really hot all the time and there was no air conditioning where I worked.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to find a way to make an employees experience more enjoyable because the constant heat in the summer could have posed a health risk.

Carowinds2015-10-09
      • "for the most part a positive experience"

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

free entry to the park and sister park

Cons

only get discounts for food at one restaurant which has no variety, in some areas no access to air conditioning or shade

Carowinds2015-01-22