Carowinds "free tickets" Reviews | Glassdoor

Carowinds Employee Reviews about "free tickets"

Found 163 reviews

3.2
Matt Ouimet
Pros
  • "Free tickets, free admission to the parks and other parks, and the people you work with(in 15 reviews)

• "You get 4 free tickets your first year working after you work 150hours(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "8 hours of intense heat and humidity in a stressful environment leads to a pretty sucky day(in 17 reviews)

• "Less hours once summer is coming to an end, long hours on holidays, very strict about rules such as having phone on you(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "free tickets"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place for high school kids"

Current Employee - Rides

I have been working at Carowinds part-time

Pros

Free tickets, free admission to the parks and other parks, and the people you work with.

Cons

Management can be slow to adapt

Carowinds2019-04-14
    • "Pretty Okay"

Current Employee - Ride Attendant

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

-free tickets after you work a certain amount of hours -discounts -great place to meet people

Cons

-the heat -long hours of work -rude customers

Advice to Management

organize!! communication!!

Carowinds2019-02-21
    • "A nearly perfect first job."

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Friendly staff, Free admission (to every Cedar Fair park, as well as Dollywood with paystub,) discounted food, free tickets for family, good hours, solid pay, among many other things.

Cons

This job can be exhausting, in a good way. Sometimes, customers can be rude, which can be annoying.

Carowinds2019-02-13
    • "Not My Best Idea"

Former Employee - Merchandise Associate

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve tried really hard to come up with something, but even the free tickets and admission to Winterfest were not advantageous as all of my family had season passes.

Cons

The interview process is unreasonably long and is specifically designed so they can virtually hire anyone and their brother, regardless of their abilities. Once hired, you attend an initial training session that reviews the general rules of the park/employment. After that, you must sign up for additional training for your department. The department training was absolutely horrendous. As part of your training, you speak...

Advice to Management

Please train your associates better, it makes it easier on everyone. Fix the break situation;don’t send someone on break when they’ve only been there 10 minutes because that is what’s most convenient for you.

Carowinds2019-01-29

"It was nice to meet new people everyday but on some days you have people with nasty attitudes to get QuickQ cards."

Former Employee - Rides Associate in Blackstock, SC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The pay was decent. You get 4 free tickets your first year working after you work 150hours. Then your ID gets you free entry into the park, free parking and discount on food.

Cons

The supervisors acted like they didn’t want to come to help us when we had a problem with a guest.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to come outside more and help the associates.

Carowinds2017-10-22

"Culinary associate /culinary intern"

I worked at Carowinds full-time

Pros

free tickets , employee entrance so you don't have to wait in long line at front when visiting park on your days off ,free admission with you employee badge, free parking with your badge ,discount you get with you badge on stuff you buy in the park

Cons

Other coworkers are rude , crazy hours , you can't have your phone on you it has to be in locker and if you are caught with the phone on you , you are fired on the spot

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and not just the ones who have been ther the longest

Carowinds2017-01-30
      • "Retail assoicate. Good place to work at, pays well."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

-free entry to park - 20% employee discount ( i think ) - free tickets - cheap food in the employee cafeteria

Cons

- if you're 15 you could get hours cut due to labor laws . - costumers could be rude - far walk from work location to employee cafe for your break

Advice to Management

none

Carowinds2016-08-25

"Good for students that desperately want money"

Former Employee - Rides Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Free admission and a certain number of free tickets for friends -Coworkers can be pretty cool -"Fun" work environment -Decent hours for a summer job -Cheap employee meals -You can get rehired if you perform well. Or not. They just really need people all the time

Cons

-INSANELY low hourly wages for the work that you do -Working outside in the summer heat -Rude and unprofessional management -Extremely strict dress code, grooming standard, and uniform policies -Frequent "random" drug tests -Monotonous, repetitive, and physically exhausting work -95% of your coworkers will be between 16 and 20 years old, resulting in gossip -Your suggestions and concerns are ignored -Scheduling...

Advice to Management

You have a lot to work on. I would suggest offering small raises to people who return for multiple seasons.

Carowinds2015-05-01

"Terrible place to work."

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Associate

I worked at Carowinds

Pros

4-6 free tickets cheaper food lots of hours rides 7.75

Cons

they treat you like a slave exposed to many chemicals not very good with helping employees with medical emergencies no cell phones no water bottles far walks to bathrooms, food, and water to stay hydrates poor first aid poor human resources department poor communication

Advice to Management

Management and team leads need to be retrained or terminated.

Carowinds2015-04-04

"It was ok."

Current Employee - Rides Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you really need a job you get hired quickly they are always desperate for people. The people I work with are cool were like family which is the only reason I'm willing to come back. You get to enter the park for free on your off days and discounted tickets for your friends and family. If you have a total of 28 hours of work you get four free tickets, six if it's not your first year. The food that the employees eat...

Cons

I only got paid 7.75 that's not a lot of money considering that I spend hours a day in the hot sun not allowed to sit until my break or if im driving the roller coaster. It's not like they can't afford to pay more they make a lot of money they charge customers a lot of money for parking and food. A simple meal would end up costing you 14.99 that's just ridiculous. I hate how gold pass holders get more benefits than employees....

Advice to Management

Pay us more.

Carowinds2014-10-18