Carowinds "heat" Reviews | Glassdoor

Carowinds Employee Reviews about "heat"

Found 163 reviews

3.2
Matt Ouimet
Pros
  • "Free tickets, free admission to the parks and other parks, and the people you work with(in 15 reviews)

• "You get 4 free tickets your first year working after you work 150hours(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "8 hours of intense heat and humidity in a stressful environment leads to a pretty sucky day(in 17 reviews)

• "Less hours once summer is coming to an end, long hours on holidays, very strict about rules such as having phone on you(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "heat"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Pretty Okay"

Current Employee - Ride Attendant

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

-free tickets after you work a certain amount of hours -discounts -great place to meet people

Cons

-the heat -long hours of work -rude customers

Advice to Management

organize!! communication!!

Carowinds2019-02-21
  2. "Associate"

Former Employee - Ganes Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked hard for them last year and I went back this year had to go through the group interview and everything and they denied me for lack of participation in a group interview. I was shocked because we had the same questions as last year. What a waste of time!!! That’s why the turn over rate is high. It’s a slave plantation!!

Cons

Everything. Heat! Standing up for hours, you may be scheduled to work from 11-6 but they send you home at 1. Or you may go to work at 2 and they’ll send you home by 5. What a joke

Advice to Management

If you have staff that worked there and go through the same exact group interview and know what the interview is about you shouldn’t have people judging them saying they have lack of participation. I think some of your people are racist

Carowinds2019-02-11
  3. "Not My Best Idea"

Former Employee - Merchandise Associate

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve tried really hard to come up with something, but even the free tickets and admission to Winterfest were not advantageous as all of my family had season passes.

Cons

The interview process is unreasonably long and is specifically designed so they can virtually hire anyone and their brother, regardless of their abilities. Once hired, you attend an initial training session that reviews the general rules of the park/employment. After that, you must sign up for additional training for your department. The department training was absolutely horrendous. As part of your training, you speak...

Advice to Management

Please train your associates better, it makes it easier on everyone. Fix the break situation;don’t send someone on break when they’ve only been there 10 minutes because that is what’s most convenient for you.

Carowinds2019-01-29
    • "Perfect for college/high school"

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Nice place to work at if you’re in college or high school during the summertime. They are very flexible with scheduling and you can work up to 45hrs a week.

Cons

Heat during the summer... let’s be real here, nobody will enjoy being outside when it’s humid and 90F The various departments are a mixed bag in terms of management. Some depts are pretty chill and others can have some real asswipes in them.

Carowinds2018-12-06
    • "Carowinds"

I have been working at Carowinds part-time

Pros

Free admission to the park

Cons

mediocre management, low pay, the heat

Carowinds2018-12-12
      • "Good Experience"

I worked at Carowinds

Pros

Great place for a first job.

Cons

The heat during the summer and the employee food.

Carowinds2017-03-27
        • "My Experience Working at Carowinds"

Former Employee - Merchandise Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was wonderful! I loved moving around the park. You never know what you're going to be doing or where you're going to be working at that day.

Cons

The heat is horrid in the waterpark, and you never know what time you're going to be getting off.

Carowinds2017-01-24
        • "My Experience at My First Job"

Current Employee - Games Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

I made new friends easily, it is good experience in customer service/ retail, the people who work here are extremely friendly, and they really try their best to make sure the associates have a great time working there.

Cons

The heat (but that's nothing you can control), the guests, and the food at coasters

Advice to Management

Get better food at coasters

Carowinds2016-11-02
        • "Games associate"

I have been working at Carowinds full-time

Pros

Free entey to the park

Cons

Outside in the heat

Carowinds2016-08-17
          • "Okay but wouldn't recommend."

Former Employee - Games Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Carowinds part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in games so we got payed the lowest from what I hear but it's was $8/hr It's fun You meet new people You get free admission Cheap food Okay paycheck depending on your location some leads and supervisors were chill fun and nice 1 hour break even though it went by really quick

Cons

Long hours for small pay Depending on your location long walks to the employee part of the park Heat exhaustion Had to eat in one place of all the food places in the park and they only had fries , chicken tenders or pizza Always had to have either lemonade, water, or Powerade Never get off at the time your suppose to Rude guest Came up short a couple of times dealing with...

Advice to Management

Be a little more relax with the strictness and let us have a variety

Carowinds2016-07-31