Carr Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Carr Business Systems President Joe Koury
Joe Koury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you want to truly enjoy where you work with great people and a great product than come to CARR" (in 5 reviews)

• "They have some really good people here" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no growth opportunity and very high turnover" (in 3 reviews)

• "NO ONE at the top cares about you" (in 3 reviews)

1. "2 Year employee.. and Happy"

Current Employee - Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that rewards hard work and is even willing to compensate for when you do your activity. And yet reps still do not embrace that. Get money for activity!!! When you go above and beyond CARR pays you really well and the Upper Management recognizes that over achievement should be rewarded with compensation. Very good annual bonus plan.

Cons

Reps and employees that complain. They are part of the 80% that wants to be part of the top 20% but they do not want to work for it. They think everything should be handed to them. Top be top 20% requires 125% effort and 100% passion. Without either of those traits, that employee is the one who complains on Glassdoor.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the rewards for people that make it happen. Bring back people that really want to be here.

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment family oriented

Cons

Medical insurance, could do better in this area

Advice to Management

Please find a better policy for your employees

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Administrative in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative in Commack, NY

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people, admin, opperations all under one roof.

Cons

Politics rule here and there is very little recognition when people go over and beyond. The VP is sleeping with an admin worker and no one seems to care. It’s a big joke!! All admin jobs getting outsourced to India any day now and we all had to sign an agreement with HCL or lose our job. Everyone is in despair. Very sad toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Hope you can swim because you are all next

Apr 11, 2019 – Director, Human Resources

We care. You are hurting and so are we. We understand how tough it’s been for everyone, with external decisions creating many challenges throughout CARR and beyond. These changes were painful and... More

"Help!"

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working here at Carr is the people. I have made many close friends and people are willing to help you when you need there assistance. This is the reason people stay until they find something better.

Cons

Where do I even start.??? The President is extremely sarcastic and thinks that he is always right. Doesn’t he realize that most people don’t appreciate this. He is only nice to you when you are having a good month. Don’t let him fool you. He is all about the money. And not the people. His entire leadership team was put into place by default because they let go of the former people. At the top. NO ONE at the top cares about you. It is all about the dollars and cents!
    They just laid off a bunch of people and their is more to come trust me!
    The medical benefits are TERRIBLE!!!!!
    The salaries are extremely low.

Advice to Management

Start off by making changes from the top down.

"Good place to work out"

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time

Pros

Honestly, the place was pretty good. Nice place to sell copiers and get a work out in during lunch. I was a member of Blink and Crunch down the street and I would do upper body at Blink and legs at Crunch. Reason for this is because Blink had better dumbbells while Crunch had better machines. Yea sure, it didn't always seem like management had my back, but at least I could get a swell on before noon.

To be rather candid, I am not the biggest fan of consuming carbs and trans fats during beach season, but I was never about to turn down complimentary grandma slices right before making 200 cold calls in 60 minutes. I would rarely set any meetings but hey, at least I wasn't starving.

Cons

The only con is that I wish I could have sold more copiers. I just couldn't consistently hit quota since I was spending more time on the benchpress than I was on the phones.

Advice to Management

Include employee discounts on gym memberships

Nov 27, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the candid feedback and the 5-star rating.

"Salaries"

Pros

Nice people who work hard.

Cons

Pay scale is way below national average.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries improve employee morale

Nov 27, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

We agree that we have nice people who work hard. We are confident that we are well within the average pay range for the education, experience and technical skills required for our positions. Of... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment for boiler room experience if thats what you want

Cons

Boiler room experience, must be in with the right senior people to make any money.
    If you have a crap territory you won't last

"Lower your standards"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time

Pros

A new President every year! So it’s a reset and no one wants to hear about all the crap that went on. Good if you don’t work and there’s a lot of that going on.

Cons

A new President every year who is clueless to what has gone on and doesn’t care because he knows how to fix it! That hasn’t worked with the last 3. What kind of company has 4 presidents in 5 years? When is GIS/xerox going to wake up and figure out how to fix the problems?
    Oh right, even the head of GIS left after a couple of months.

Advice to Management

Stop telling us what a great place this is to work and fix your management issues starting at the top. Mangers do not know how to talk to people or motivate them. It seems fundamental but no one here gets it. No teamwork at all. Managers talk about each other and then smile and say everything is great. People are not stupid but afraid to speak up so everyone says everything is great! Good people leave and it’s never management’s fault. Wake up and fix your problems at the top! I could not agree more with the other poor reviews. Don’t respond and tell us what you’re going to do, just do it!!

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Xerox equipment and part of Global organization

Cons

Very poor and unfair Management. Very high turnover among reps. Most new employees leave by year 2 and some after 6 months. No career opportunity.

Advice to Management

Be honest, open and supportive of all sales reps. Change name of company to avoid customer/ prospects negative reactions to past and present service problems.

Aug 13, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback.

Feedback is important to us, and we encourage employees to share concerns early, so they do not become larger issues later.

We continue our assessment process to... More

"Crew members trying to survive on a sinking ship"

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time

Pros

They have some of the best admin employees that put the most effort into what they do, and are very good at what they do. Great people.

Cons

The benefits are horrible, the pay is severely under what you should be getting, and the career growth is nonexistent. The general thought process, and I quote is "There's two types of workers here. Sales and sales support". If your not in sales you don't matter to the company, and this is the ideology that's instilled in to the sales department which creates a monumental rift between sales and admin. They also over work you with no appreciation or compensation. Its borderline disrespectful.

Advice to Management

Invest in your administrative employees that work hard and compensate them for the work they do. CARR is a sinking ship, with 90% of its crew members looking to jump off. Give them a reason to want to stay onboard and help you stay afloat.

Jul 13, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback.

It is true — we’re a growth company, thus our employees are considered either Sales or Sales Support. I agree that we do have great administrative employee's who... More