Carr Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Carr Business Systems President Kevin J. Leary
Kevin J. Leary

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They have some really good people here (in 4 reviews)

• solid, experienced support personnel, everyone is focused on supporting the sales people, competitive programs (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management forgets that they were once young and in need of positive encouragement (in 4 reviews)

• Was child like, comp plan is convoluted (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Highly rated product and service"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic products and service organization. Have the ability to tailor any deal to customers needs. If you can't sell that is why people write bad reviews.

Cons

Have almost flushed the swamp. A couple more to go. On the verge of greatness. Some sour apples are posting nonsense. Great company

Advice to Management

Trading is good but could get better if they incorporated the most important thing---
    PRODUCT TRAINING😀. The most important thing for any rep to become successful!!!

Feb 7, 2017 – President

Thank you for your positive reviews and feedback! We look forward to launching our new world class Xerox product line with extensive and ongoing skills training!!

2. "Improving organization with a bright future for employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extensive training for sales, field technicians and admin. Ability to move up into other areas of the company if wanted. New products and services to set them apart from competitors for an otherwise mature office equipment business.

Cons

Reorganized a few times in the past years on a better path now.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging your employees to help improve the company and resolve issues.

"You Sell Copy Machines: Get Over Yourselves"

Former Employee - Technician in Commack, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in Commack, NY

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was entertaining to watch managers lie to employees about how there would be no layoffs--only to let several service technicians go a few weeks later. Do you really think people actually believe and trust what you say? It's also fun to watch managers use all types of ridiculous terminology (i. e. document management solutions, managed print services) to describe what Carr does. You sell copy machines! It's not that important, and neither are you!

Cons

So, basically, if you're in sales, you're a telemarketer. You might as well get a job selling chimney sweeps. Everything comes down to price because you're selling copy machines. Carr's copy machines aren't unique or special. Nor is their customer service. If you work in any type of back office role, you'll be expected to bend over backwards--all while making less than $37K per year. And you will pay high health care premiums and have large deductibles. It's funny: Carr can afford to send their managers on a cheesy trip to Puerto Rico, but they can't afford to pay their service people a living wage.

Advice to Management

You're a bunch of phonies. You only care about yourselves. And everyone knows it.

Aug 4, 2017 – President

We appreciate feedback on Glassdoor, but upon reading this, I felt compelled to offer readers some additional perspective. As you are aware, we made organizational changes earlier this year in all... More

4. "Solid Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people at the company. Good learning experience in your first or second sales job.

Cons

Not much room for career advancement

Mar 24, 2017 – President

Thank you for your comments and we agree the people at CARR are great! I am committed to creating a culture of employee development where employees can begin their career and are provided the tools... More

5. "Great time to be at a great company"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

solid, experienced support personnel, everyone is focused on supporting the sales people, competitive programs. Amazing leasing support. Lots of information to help you sell.

Cons

I wish office was closer to Grand Central Station. Some customers about the service five years ago, even though they agree it is awesome now.

Advice to Management

The current direction and culture is on point. Keep up the good work. Don't let the one or two detractors discourage your efforts.

Mar 24, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback! CARR has made changes in an effort to provide our Sales Team with additional resources to support their growth and career development. We are happy you noticed this and... More

6. "Manager"

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with the people.

Cons

The comp plan needs adjusting.

Mar 23, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with our people, we have great people! We know how fortunate we are to have such passionate individuals to work beside and... More

"JOKE"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is nice. Not the best, but also not the worst. I need 20 words as a minimum so ignore this sentence.

Cons

Absolutely zero guidance. They fired most of the managers. How can you look to inspire your workers when there is no leadership?!? Joke of a company. They call it, "cleaning the swamp" and will refer to this as a "sour apple" comment, but how about look at this and build from it. It's a sales job, it's a revolving door and you're just a spoke on the wheel. They have absolutely no idea what they're doing and have no identity.

They claim it's very easy to make money but it's all nonsense. The way of selling your taught doesn't work. For commercial account executives 85% of the companies you are calling don't even have a CEO, you're not allowed to mention copiers, yet that's what you're selling. If you have an area in China town, good luck with that failing formula!

If you're fresh out of college this is a nice job for a few months to make some money and leave. Don't get brainwashed and waste your time working for a company that will use you and dump you off.

Advice to Management

Do the opposite of what you have been doing since you took over your position.

Mar 23, 2017 – President

Thank you for your comments. We are currently in a transition phase and want to ensure we have the leadership in place to provide the guidance and training our employees need to be successful. We... More

8. "Only with your hard work"

Current Employee - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - New York in New York, NY

I have been working at Carr Business Systems full-time

Pros

If you work consistently hard, you will achieve great results. Your manager will teach, coach and help drive you forward.

Cons

It's a tough nyc market

"Major Accounts Executive"

I worked at Carr Business Systems full-time

Pros

They do offer some very nice incentives/prizes for achieving monthly and annual quota including a President's club trip.

Cons

Lack of leadership and professionalism for those in management positions. Little to no growth opportunity and very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people who are leaders and professionals and know how to manage effectively. Work on office morale and atmosphere (lose the boy's locker room mentality).

"Self Serving New president and executives Lost Control and a mess"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

Pros

Employees are smart and want to learn and are very friendly. Good people Sad All the vps and president make it impossible for people and make money. Process and paperwork is the most important to them and everyone scared of making a mistake not sales friendly with unrealistic expectations to get them done in and too complicated when supposed to be out in the field selling. Change process every other week and vps don't even know what they are doing and BS in meeting . Managers aren't allowed to make decisions and are scared to say anything because not tolerated and voice not heard so you get sent on wild goose chase and they treat people like criminals and not care how we are making people hate coming to work. Have meetings that say one thing but never follow through. Say we are one team but everyone is against each other and no one in the VP or President listen and really try to make changes for the employees just care about process right a but the vps don't know the process and don't look or learn so how is everyone else ?. President has brand new marble furniture but the company couldn't have our picnic and lays off take place of good hard working people and the entire place feels like the doors are shutting. Hr admin quit and feels like nothing fun for employees anymore usually Halloween dressing but nothing this year Whenever these are asked about the CFO name is alway mentioned and you have to go get approval for everything and usukau can't be done so what's the point. And it's always no money and not approved. New president is not consistent and evetkntv is checking out or leaving or chaos. The president sent a note to all forcing to write good reviews instead of people wanting to. Managers say sales should perform because they are getting a divorce and use scare tactics and think that will motivate us or they pretend everything is fine and great and tell us we should be more positive . 3 managers were fired and didn't see it coming and had been trying to get help.

Cons

All cons in the pros. Sad place and the other good reviews are lies to get the rating better which is horrible and a joke that's the way things are done. Proves why

Advice to Management

start caring and listening obviously your way jsnt working

Nov 17, 2016 – President

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to offer your feedback. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement, where all feedback is valued and utilized as a... More