Carrabba's Italian Grill Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carrabba's Italian Grill CEO David Pace
David Pace

Pros
  • Good money, positive wok environment, great food quality (in 33 reviews)

• Good management as well as good food (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not a lot of money for the servers to make at many locations (in 19 reviews)

• it's hard to make money bartending there (in 8 reviews)

1. "I Love Carrabba's"

Former Employee - Server in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Server in Henderson, NV

Pros

I take great pride serving the food at Carrabba's. The quality is outstanding. I feel that Carrabba's is at the top of the ladder within its price range

Cons

They have a policy of giving no more than 3 tables to a server at once. I can handle more than that and the opportunity to do it could present itself often.

Advice to Management

I would just reccomend that they stay on top of the abilities and attitudes of everyone to maintain the image Carrabba's has achieved

2. "Great Job!"

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

Pros

Pay is good compared to any other job I've ever had
    Time off is easy to schedule because of hotschedules
    Hours are awesome; only open nights

Cons

I can't really think of any cons, if nobody can work for you then you're screwed because everyone is responsible for a section.

Advice to Management

The management is good enough, I dont think that there is really all that much that I would need to say for them to improve

"Carrabbas"

Current Employee - Server in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Server in Lexington, KY

Pros

Its a great job waiting tables. I worked here all through college and was able to pay rent, and take time off for test weeks.

Cons

You are waiting tables so you never know how much money you will make.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

5. "BEST managers and great working environment"

Former Employee - Head Hostess in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Head Hostess in Macon, GA

Pros

I LOVE the managers. They are really great people who care about the company and they really do care about their employees as well. Very flexible about giving time off when you need it. Ability to move up in the company. If you deserve a raise -you'll get it. VERY busy restaurant. The people are good company.

I really loved working at this Carrabba's. My managers treated me with respect and gave positive feedback when deserved. I got 2 raised within about 6 months of each other. I asked for the first raise because I felt I deserved it and I got it with no problem. I went from making $2.13/hr + tipshare to $3.25/hr + tipshare. The second raise I got in the middle of a shift. The managers told me they were so impressed with me that I deserved another raise. I was floored! I went from making $3.25/hr + tipshare to $4.00 + tipshare.

The people that work there were really great. I had to quit because I moved out of state but I really did love working there. I can't say enough good things about the management.

Cons

Can be somewhat of a stressful job. The general public can be absolutely obnoxious. If you're lazy at work, the managers notice and they won't treat you as nicely as the people who work hard. Starting host salary sucks: $2.13/hr + tipshare.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight around there! There are people who absolutely SUCK and you guys know it! I really think at times that those people bring the restaurant down. Also, don't hire hosts who are unprofessional. The customers really notice and appreciate when a host is very professional and helpful to them.

6. "Great place to make money while in college."

Current Employee - Waiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Waiter in Tampa, FL

Pros

Flexible schedule and fun people to work with. My particular location has very low turnover so we all know each other very well.

Cons

Pay is not all that great due to the economy. Also, lately the company increased its corporate practice. Its a shame, since before we had more freedom to truly serve the customer and have fun while doing it.

Advice to Management

The managers tend to do a great job. It seems like most of the proprietors are smart and responsible individuals.

7. "A great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Server Trainer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Server Trainer in Huntsville, AL

Pros

-Management recognition of hard work
    -Management rewards hard work
    -Many opportunities for growth and advancement
    -A large following of regular customers

Cons

-Lower management was inconsistent
    -Slow to be rid of extra baggage

8. "Fun and Stressful"

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

Pros

Managers are nice. Food is great. Employees get 50% off meals. Will make money IF working the right shift. Can be promoted to key manager. KEEP YOUR TIPS

Cons

Must work alot of hours. Earn tips only. Hard to get a shift covered. WIll not make money if the restauraunt is slow.

9. "Excellent Food and Job"

Former Employee - Server in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Allentown, PA

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I served at Carrabba's for four years and loved it. The restaurant takes pride in their training and food quality and it's evident in the dining experience.

Cons

It's not really a con because it forces you to be more knowledgeable but there is an extensive menu and ingredients test annually.

10. "Carrabba's has an exciting cooking career waiting for you."

Pros

Fair pay, close to forty hours a week, but more importantly, if you want to start a career in cooking, Carrabba's is a great place to start.

Cons

It is a restaurant subject to the normal cons of any casual dining establishment controlled by a corporate entity. You don't get to pick what you cook, it's always the same.

11. "Yummy food, pretty nifty place to work."

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% off food (& the food is the bomb).
    Management recognizes and appreciates hard work.
    Fun, fast-paced environment.
    Concern for customers and employees.
    Flexible, easy scheduling.
    Good money during busier seasons.
    Helpful, extensive training process.

Cons

Normal restaurant cons.
    Tips can be inconsistent, as in all tip-based jobs.
    Less money and hours during slow season.
    Uniforms are unflattering.

Advice to Management

Fix up the uniform. Ties = get in the way. White shirts = get really dirty. Long sleeves = get really hot when bustling around the restaurant.