- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - San Jose, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Hilltop Mall, CA
- - Richmond, CA
- - Alameda, CA
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Modesto, CA Area
- - Modesto, CA
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - Crosby, TX
- - Corpus Christi, TX Area
- - Corpus Christi, TX
- - College Station, TX Area
- - Bryan, TX
- - Amarillo, TX Area
- - Amarillo, TX
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Florida
- - Panama City, FL Area
- - Panama City, FL
- - Pensacola, FL Area
- - Fort Walton Beach, FL
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area
- - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- - Connecticut
- - Bridgeport, CT Area
- - Trumbull, CT
- - New Haven, CT Area
- - New Haven, CT
- - Kansas
- - Wichita, KS Area
- - El Dorado, KS
- - Ohio
- - Cleveland, OH Area
- - Cleveland, OH
- - Cincinnati, OH Area
- - Cincinnati, OH
- - Virginia
- - Roanoke, VA Area
- - Vinton, VA
- - Rhode Island
- - Providence, RI Area
- - Westerly, RI
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- - West Virginia
- - Huntington, WV Area
- - Huntington, WV
- - Tennessee
- - Chattanooga, TN Area
- - Chattanooga, TN
- Bahrain - All Cities
- - Al Manamah
- - Ar Rifā‘, Bahrain Area
- - Manama
- United Arab Emirates - All Cities
- - Abu Dhabi
- - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Area
- - Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Found 91 of over 91 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Poor management and corrupt culture" (in 6 reviews)
- "upper management was awful and out of touch" (in 6 reviews)
- "Pay is far below baseline standard, Commission schedule changes all the time, especially in the case of rewrites." (in 4 reviews)
- "Toxic culture and work politics." (in 3 reviews)
- "Training is minimal, but methods for doing the job change almost daily anyway." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 19, 2023 - Director of SupportRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Carriage offers an environment where you can make your own path. If you perform at a higher level they will work with you on your career path. The current culture at Carriage is second to none. Focusing on the autonomy of each individual location and how they can be the leaders in their market. Great example of a bottom up organizational chart. The Houston Support Centers only focus is being a resource for our industry leading Managing Partners.
With all companies you will find things that you may not like, but those seem to be minimal at Carriage.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan 13, 2023 - Staff Accountant in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Carriage Cares, focus on individual growth and putting the right person in the right spot. Positive focus on culture. Encourages the best in all people. Plenty of support and communication. Can't speak enough about how great and positive all the management is.
I honestly cant think of a negative thing.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 20, 2023 - Accountant in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Learn about the funeral industry.
The pay is ver low compared to other accountant jobs.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Dec 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The Company places a lot of focus on culture and growth. Positive environment. Great people. Long history and strong reputation.
If you're looking for the big company environment (and some people prefer that structure), this is not the place for you.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 15, 2022 - Marketing in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people The culture The opportunity and ability to make an impact Rewarding atmosphere
It is not for someone who is ok with being just ok.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 13, 2022 - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The organization cares for its associates and provides the support needed to be successful. Honesty and Integrity are the cornerstones for all we do!
Nothing really stands out at this point - the organization is always on the lookout for individuals that want to be their best and be of service to others.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Talent Development PartnerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Absolutely the best culture I have had with a large company. All employees make a difference and real partnership is not only created but sustained throughout the portfolio. You always wait to see what it's going to be like after the "honey-moon" period of joining but at Carriage that is just who we are, Driven by People, Inspired by Passion!
The Death Care industry is unique, and it is not for everyone.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 11, 2022 - Family Counselor in Titusville, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice people, nice place, caring
Not enough business to justify the number of commissioned sales reps, when you start making money it seems like they would bring in more people so you couldn’t hit your bonus. Making money off of people that lost loves ones isn’t really fun!Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Accounting in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There is always a chance for outlook to change.
Management expectations is for you to get the work done no matter what, nothing else matters period the end.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Aug 28, 2022 - Funeral Director/Embalmer in New Haven, CTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
sometimes allowed to do your job without criticism. good people in house to work with
lower trust and support than other places lack of communicationContinue reading
Carriage Services Reviews FAQs
Carriage Services has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 91 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Carriage Services to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.
63% of Carriage Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Carriage Services 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.