KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Carriage Services

Is this your company?

Carriage Services

Add a Review

Carriage Services Employee Reviews about "carriage"

Updated Sep 21, 2021

Found 5 of over 68 reviews

3.4
Carriage Services Chairman, President, and CEO Mel Payne
Mel Payne
Pros
  • "I thoroughly enjoyed working at Carriage Services(in 5 reviews)

• "Great working relationships with other employees, decent benefits(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management well if they decided to come down once a year or two off their heavenly cloud you can count yourself lucky(in 7 reviews)

• "very high turnover company, very political culture, turnover tells all(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "carriage"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Remarkable support!

Sep 21, 2021 - Managing Partner in Chattanooga, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never had an experience where I was given TOTAL autonomy. The leadership was left to ME! I was led by normal operation methods that a small business demands and unless I had a problem, I was left to handle the business. The support staff was unusually kind and if we were to partner in our succession plan, Carriage would be the OBVIOUS choice. I left with hesitation to build real estate equity but they could NOT have been more gracious!

Cons

I truly can’t think of any.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Experience

Sep 8, 2021 - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is extremely strong and the people that work here are all great people to work with. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Carriage Services.

Cons

In my opinion, there weren't any cons.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunity to Make a Difference!

Apr 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Carriage for six months now and I am amazed at the real opportunities provided to employees to make a meaningful impact on the business. Feels good to be empowered. Nice not to have so many layers to deal with - not all the "red tape" that I am used to.

Cons

Nothing at this point - I'm experiencing everything that I was told in the interview process.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

High Performance Culture

Feb 15, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Carriage operates under a high performance culture and strives to find those A-players who want the opportunity to succeed. Our primary guiding principle, "Honesty, Integrity, and Quality in all that we do" defines the groundwork on which the company is based. If being associated with the best is something that interests you, then give us a call and find out how passion and partnership can give you the opportunity to succeed.

Cons

There are no cons in my opinion

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate In Need of Evaluation

Nov 13, 2013 -  in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Carriage Services was built on strong principals and our CEO is extremely passionate about helping his employees perform well. These hard working employees pour their sweat and tears into caring for grieving families. I am proud to serve these employees.

Cons

There is much work to be done at Corporate. The goal is to have "the right people in the right seats", but who determines who is "right" for that seat? Our company has recently lost many quality employees with a lot of heart. Cooperative employees who do their jobs well shouldn't dread Monday mornings because they know they're walking into a hostile work environment.

13 people found this review helpful