Carrington College Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Dr. Donna Loraine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management consistently lied about the state of the company and jobs" (in 12 reviews)

• "Home office does not address issues going on at the campus level" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Work Study"

Former Employee - Student Worker in Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Mesquite, TX

I worked at Carrington College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great boss, flexible hours, good pay for being a work study

Cons

None really I wasn't micro managed, you just get paid to answer phones and transfer calls.

Advice to Management

Love you guys!

May 29, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you loved your work study position!

"Poor oversite and lack of vision from complacent leadership"

Current Employee - Grunt in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Grunt in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Several of the departments are very pro work-from-home or remotely.

Cons

The leadership team lacks any vision and it seems they have no real desire to do anything other then prep the company for a sale while trying to convince the employees everything is OK.

Advice to Management

Dump all current leadership (President and all C-Level executives) and replace with people who genuinely care about the medical and healthcare fields and desire to produce students with actual working knowledge of their fields. The current leadership is quite obviously only interested in selling the company and hiding this from the employees. The company needs a vision and clear direction from leadership.

May 16, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Carrington's leadership cares deeply about our students, and works hard to make decisions that enable us to better serve our students. We're so sorry... More

"Demoralizing Place To Work-Glad I got out"

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the colleagues I worked with were very dedicated to their students and ensuring they could do everything in their power to help them succeed.

Cons

There were layoffs every year for the entire time I worked there which created a culture of fear and distrust. Employees were constantly in fear of losing their jobs. Lack of accountability-employees who are clearly not doing their jobs continue to remain employed which makes employees who are upset and the bar for performance is lowered. There is one particular program director who is teaching in the classroom and her students have a horrible example to learn from-the professionalism and outcomes in her program are very low and she continues to work for the college. The college would roll out new processes and it was a mess. Total lack of communication and team work between departments. For example, they changed the finance and registrar team to a different structure. The teams weren't staffed very well or prepared and students would be left hanging with employees at the campus having to answer questions or help in areas they were not trained to be in addition to their normal job responsibilities. I would send several emails to try and get issues resolved to employees in multiple departments with no response.

Advice to Management

Home office leadership- Communicate-make sure changes are well thought out and shared with campus leadership. Gain their buy in and trust. Think about how the actions that you take will be perceived. For example, don't schedule campus visits meet in a room, not include anyone at the campus and not share your reason for the visit. This scares employees due to the history of layoffs and instability.

Jun 25, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Please know that we have gone ahead and escalated the concerns you mentioned to the correct departments. Even with the new changes we have put... More

4. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Carrington College full-time

Pros

very collaborative team and environment. Everyone has the ability to have a say

Cons

pay and benefits are not very competitive

May 24, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We will make sure our leadership sees your great feedback. Thanks!

"Failing leadership"

Current Employee - Colleague in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Colleague in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great long term employees, who really care about student success. Strong educational programs. Rumor is that Carrington is for sale so hopefully we stand a chance at surviving if a better company picks us up.

Cons

The very highest senior leaders have made changes that are detrimental to the success of the college. Student service areas stripped of staffing so we cannot enroll or serve our students. This is how colleges are shut down! Automate, sure, but where is the automation and new process? Unable to hire faculty or program directors so everyone is stretched thin. And now that the colleague engagement survey is out again they send a team out to listen to our concerns.

Advice to Management

It will take more than hearing campus colleague concerns. You know what the concerns are based on the last survey so why rehash it right before the next survey? Fix what you broke or literally destroyed before it's too late. Think about the students and hard working committed employees that could be affected. There is no confidence or respect for many of the very highest level leaders and you all get a failing grade.

May 24, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. Carrington leadership has worked hard to make it possible to serve our students well. The surveys enable them to listen to colleague concerns and make adjustments that... More

6. "Great"

I worked at Carrington College full-time

Pros

Great company was like a big family

Cons

Too far from home. No room to advance.

Apr 20, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We love hearing that you feel like Carrington is a big family! Thank you for leaving a review!

"i would not return"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not to bad in the beginning, everyone worked as a team, everyone smiled all task were completed on time. til the entire management changed and Devry made the teaching all the same for all schools.

Cons

my hours completely changed they want you to work full time, however half day on Friday and work 2 Saturday weekends out of a month, wasn't on my job description at all, pay didnt changed but they wanted to me completely flexible while doing everyone jobs since they fired everyone.

Advice to Management

They first removed all directors and executive directors then we got regional managers who was there twice a week but was only able to be contacted via emails, make an appointment then we could have a communicate. for one it made our students not feel welcome, or feel like they could get anything solved. fired all registrar, anyone in management period. made it an unwelcome place to work

Apr 30, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback on our recent organizational changes. We shifted things around to enable us to better serve our students, but we will pass along your comments to the appropriate people.

8. "Great support"

Current Employee - Program Director in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Program Director in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in, love my fellow colleagues because we are always there for each other. I feel the upper management cares what we are doing on campus and they are there for support.

Cons

The only con would be our computer system always going down.

Advice to Management

Thank you for a great place to work.

Apr 11, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving such a great review! We love hearing that you love your colleagues and feel confident in our leadership. We will forward your note about the computer systems to the appropriate... More

"Friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Nursing Faculty in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Nursing Faculty in Reno, NV

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small campus, very close knit staff. Very motivated students.

Cons

Few raises, pay is less then working in the field, insurance is very expensive and doesn't cover anything. The turnover is high, they fire all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.

Advice to Management

Don't fire people Deans that Deans that bring in grant money for the campus, don't fire Deans that ask for raises when their job responsibilities double. Don't let go random staff for no reason only to have to rehire new ones a few months later.

Apr 11, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed working with our students and your fellow colleagues. We can assure you that Carrington values its colleagues, and would never let anyone go for "no... More

"Started great then went downhill!"

Former Employee - Arizona in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Arizona in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits with decent pay.

Cons

No upper Management Support when it was most needed.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and support them

May 10, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We want every colleague to feel supported by our leadership, so we will pass your comments along to the appropriate people.