Carrington College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dr. Donna Loraine

Pros
Cons
  • Home office does not address issues going on at the campus level (in 9 reviews)

• Because there are so many divisions of upper management, there is miscommunication on roles and responsibilities (in 5 reviews)

1. "Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great co workers
    They offer good benefits
    There is a good life/work balance at this campus

Cons

poor communication
    too many manager changes

Apr 10, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. We’re happy to hear about your experience and will share your feedback with the appropriate departments.

2. "Education Dept"

Former Employee - Educator in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Educator in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My Co-workers were phenomenal

Cons

No job security. 1 day your a asset to company, the next day you are unemployed. I saw it happen repeatedly to Hard Hard loyal d3dicayed employee's..

Advice to Management

Value your employee's. Without them, you have no business!

Apr 24, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We’re happy to hear you loved your colleagues. We want our colleagues to feel valued and supported, so we will pass along your feedback ... More

"Disruptive campus visits from corporate office"

Current Employee - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our focus is on student success as it should be. Great facilities and programs.

Cons

The corporate home office leader visits are disruptive and unecessary. Our enrollments are shrinking and many people are resigning. The environment here is pretty unstable.

Advice to Management

Your campus visits are unecessary and prevent us from serving students. When you do visits, bring words of encouragement and hope for the future, rather than creating a platform for colleagues to complain. If they are that disgruntled, let them go seek other employment elsewhere. Spend your travel money to market the programs so we can continue to grow. Isn't this a no-brainer? The promise from Loraine was growth so get going already! We can see right through the fake compassion of the leaders that showed up yesterday after the campus was shut down. Those that made it about them were just looking for attention. Stop the facade.

Apr 24, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. Our recent organizational changes have made us able to focus even more on student success, and listening to colleague feedback on our campuses is an important part of ... More

5. "Not a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Instructor in Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Instructor in Mesquite, TX

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Nice people to work with
    Company is good about giving you the necessary supplies/equipment to do your job
    Pay is competitive with or better than a lot of other schools out there

Cons

Extremely reactive company
    Management is unprofessional and unappreciative of faculty
    Home office does not address issues going on at the campus level
    Do not promote from within

Apr 19, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy you enjoyed working with your colleagues and felt equipped to succeed in your position. Also, we appreciate your feedback on leadership. We will be sure to ... More

6. "Medical Assisting instructor for adult education."

Former Employee - Medical Assisting Instructor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Assisting Instructor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A conducive environment. Great team of coworkers. Great learning environment for students with top of the line equipment. Great staff and faculty cohesiveness.

Cons

Wrong area for profit. Could have been in a better building. A building that did not have sewer system problems.

Advice to Management

Remote location consideration.

"No Place I'd Rather Work"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive colleagues and supervisors who care about doing what's best for our students
    Competitive compensation
    Generous benefits and time off
    Wonderful students
    Professional development opportunities

Cons

Public perception of the organization doesn't reflect actual company culture, goals, or student sentiment

Advice to Management

Continue to center all organizational goals around doing what is best for the student. Every decision should come down to what would benefit our students most. If we continue to focus on this goal, we can build advocacy and our public image will only get better.

Feb 3, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much leaving a review. We’re thrilled to hear about your experience as a Carrington colleague! We will pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments.

"Working at Carrington"

Former Employee - Instructor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Carrington College part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My boss gave me full support and would let me try out my ideas that I wanted to use in class.

Cons

Takes along time to get full time status.

Advice to Management

We need more opportunities to grow.

Jan 30, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We’re happy to hear you had a great experience with your supervisor. We’ll pass along your feedback to the appropriate departments.

"clinical psych RN intructor"

Former Employee - Psych Clinical Instructor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Psych Clinical Instructor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Carrington College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

administrators listened to my input

Cons

I did not have this problem, but the full time instructors were being overloaded with class responsibilities

Advice to Management

hire more full time staff

Jan 19, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re happy you had a good experience overall as an instructor at Carrington. We will be sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate ... More

"Not a good place to work"

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Long term colleagues are a close net group of people who welcome new (non-regional management) colleagues kindly. We are all friendly and fun. The students keep us going, especially those who return after graduating just to check in and visit.

Cons

The home office (corporate) decided to lay off our mangers. They fired people who have been with the company for decades with NO NOTICE. When the company teaches out a program, those instructors are given several months notice, but they decided not to follow the "Carrington cares" model when it comes to their loyalty to colleagues who have given their entire life to the company.

The people who were given the new regional management positions were appointed, hand picked by corporate. There is now very little room for upward mobility, or none at all depending on your department.

Great job on the "new model," guys, great job.

Advice to Management

The solidarity between colleagues who are left after the management layoff is strong.

Your trust will need to be earned.

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for the review. We’re happy to hear that you feel supported by your fellow colleagues and focused on the students. We built the new organizational model to enable us to be as ... More

"At a loss for words..."

I have been working at Carrington College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Students are the only pro anymore.

Cons

Management was wiped out. Since then, they have "regional" or home office folks taking over... or trying to in very poor fashion. No one knows how to do anything, yet they had six months to figure it out before they laid everyone off. Last Friday, the Regional Enrollment Services manager sent out an email in error to the entire Sacramento Campus... listing which employees were on the hit list basically (people that in his opinion were "negative, or culturally not a good fit"). the people on his list happened to be very respected employees on the campus, and were the same employees that voiced their concerns at a Town Hall. Coincidence? Everyone was shocked that he hadn't been fired today. The morale that he was worried about in his email is now damaged beyond repair. No one trusts the management. It's no longer a fun place to work, or a place to be proud of.

Advice to Management

Perhaps before your next hostile takeover, you should ask questions of the experts- the ones that have actually made the campus successful. Oh, and how about follow your own polices and post positions rather than just fill with warm bodies (aka new regional managers). Our new regional managers can't even put a grammatically correct email together. Pretty embarrassing for a college.

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our new organizational model. We believe that this new model will ultimately help us transform into an even stronger institution. We will ... More