Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Carrington Mortgage Services Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

Found 212 reviews

2.5
Carrington Mortgage Services CEO Bruce Rose (no image)
Bruce Rose
Pros
  • "Decent pay and great benefits to help vets(in 16 reviews)

• "Above average pay, great benefits, and the opportunity for career advancement if you search for the opportunities(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k Match, expensive health insurance(in 17 reviews)

• "Certain members of upper management had absolutely no people management skills(in 15 reviews)

"Great place"

Current Employee - Lending Operations in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time

Pros

I've worked with a few different lenders and this one ranks among the best. Great environment and good management. We are trying to position ourselves to be around for a long time and not just trying to make a quick buck.

Cons

Sometimes slow to adopt new technologies and the IT department really needs to up its game. I don't think they really know what we're doing on the floor here.

Advice to Management

Improve prime pricing! We're losing deals because of it. Invest in the right people to run IT! It'd also be nice for the CEO to get to know the rank and file.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-09-09

September 18, 2019VP, Communications

Thank you for the great review! And thanks also for your perspective on our prime pricing and leadership. We're always doing what we can to make Carrington a great place to work, and feedback like yours help us know where to improve.

"OK - ops could be tough"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Roseville, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent pay - when loan does fund

Cons

ops could be slow - so unhappy customers

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-10-04

"See the pattern in all of these negative reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westfield, IN

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time

Pros

More company paid holidays than other servicers Good health benefits

Cons

Some great leaders but too many are awful.  Poor communication, lack of teamwork.  Don't respond to emails, don't return phone calls, if they answer the email, they don't answer the question.  Despite surveys, focus groups, etc., nothing is done about it.  Uacceptable behavior is openly discussed among management and noting will be done about it.  What is bizarre is that the leaders who are... the least responsive, rude, high turnover, low morale, quality issues- they get more work, and promotions.  We found out some of them were going for executive development.  Thought this was the first step to develop the weak leaders.  Then the president states on a call that they were selected for their high engagement, low turnover, etc, We were baffled, and really not sure why that was said, far from the truth and embarrassing.  This is probably why turnover in management is so incredibly high here.

Advice to Management

Act like a company- communicate like one, get a HR team that will take action on employee complaints without retribution and maybe more people will speak up.  Most have given up due to bad experiences when they did (like me).  Recruiters need to stop saying we have a great bonus program.  It's misleading and horrible.  The whole annual review and bonus process is a horrible experience (and I... personally had good ratings).

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-09-21

"Great immediate team and manager"

Former Employee - IT in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team of people to work with and great immediate supervisor. Really good benefits and pay (though they have cut the paid vacation at starting by a week).

Cons

There is all kinds of maneuvering at the higher levels that roll down hill and negatively impact those that do the work. It's a bit toxic. Lots of turnover, lots of favoritism and nepotism. Also, no cost of living/scheduled salary reviews. Salary adjustments and promotions are off-cycle at somebody's whim. No obvious long range vision or goals. No obvious career path.

Advice to Management

Your people are your ONLY asset. If you appreciate them and make them feel it, productivity will improve, service will improve, your bottom line will improve and profitability will improve.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-08-06

August 8, 2019VP, Communications

At Carrington we pay competitively within local markets, and we employ a comprehensive performance and salary review process. We also offer an attractive mix of benefits including great medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; a company 401(k); access to Rocket Lawyer for basic legal help for things like wills and trusts; help with diverse life situations provided by LifeCare. For fun, there’s a discount on LA Fitness health club memberships across the country and discounted event tickets through Tickets at Work. And to further your career, Carrington offers tuition reimbursement and internal, self-paced management training courses through Carrington University.

"Liars Club"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westfield, IN

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are ok. Security good, but piggy backing to get in secured areas needs to stop.

Cons

Unqualified and most people in positions of authority should not be in those positions. Very distorted explalntion of job duties and true management style to new employees. I would not recommend this company at this time.

Advice to Management

Some measures taken to clean up management are noticed. Unfortunately, most are replaced with another tainted person. Don't just replace the people. CHANGE THE CULTURE

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-09-07

September 23, 2019VP, Communications

We are always working to be better. In addition to a wealth of existing job-specific training for all job roles, our Training & Development team has introduced a number of updated and new classes focused on making sure managers and frontline associates have all the skills they need to better assist Carrington’s customers and help one another. We’re also constantly seeking opportunities to further enhance company culture. That includes more communication, actively building relationships between teams and town hall meetings (some via video) to make sure everyone knows what’s happening and what is planned for the future.

"CMS"

Former Employee - Foreclo in Plano, TX

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time

Pros

I worked with great people who were willing to teach me new things.

Cons

No regular raises, very inconsistent management, California teams are disrespectful and often demean staff. No 401k Match, expensive health insurance. Little ability to move up the ranks. Departments get laid off completely at any given moment.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more inline with one another in each of the offices.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-08-21

September 23, 2019VP, Communications

With a tight housing supply, the entire mortgage industry is currently experiencing a number of challenges. In that environment, Carrington is committed to planning as best we can to have the right people in the right place at the right time. For Carrington associates, we pay competitively within the markets where we work and employ a comprehensive performance and salary review process. We also offer a wealth of benefits: great medical, dental and vision plans to choose from; a company 401(k); access to Rocket Lawyer for legal assistance with such things as wills and trusts; help with diverse life situations provided by LifeCare; tuition reimbursement to help associates grow their careers; lots of free internal, self-paced management training courses; discounts on LA Fitness health club memberships; discounted event tickets through a nationwide program; and a lot more.

7. "Great"

Current Employee - Service in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company to work for. Great manager

Cons

Not able to make extra money, no overtime, bonus or commission

Advice to Management

doing a great job

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-06-20

June 28, 2019VP, Communications

Thank you for taking time to write and let us know how we're doing. Unfortunately, not all job roles at The Carrington Companies are bonus- or commission-eligible. Regarding overtime, we do what we can to help create a work-life balance for associates, so we try to work as few overtime hours as possible.

8. "High turnover"

Former Employee - Operations Processor

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a lot of time off due to a lot of holidays they give employees. Managers were mostly flexible with time.

Cons

High turnover and always transferring locations

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-06-14

June 28, 2019VP, Communications

We're glad to hear that your managers were understanding of the need for occasional flexibility. Life happens, and when unexpected events occur, we do what we can to accommodate our associates' needs for flexibility. We understand, because we have families, too.

"Meh"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Westfield, IN

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its better than being unemployed

Cons

Compensation does not match the expectations

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-07-12

August 8, 2019VP, Communications

Carrington is committed to paying associates competitively within the market, and for commission-based positions such as loan officers the compensation is certainly competitive with the mortgage industry. In addition to a great benefits package, we’re always working to find new ways to make our associates happy. The mortgage industry has noticed: On Nov. 1, 2018, Carrington Mortgage Services was honored by MReport as one of the Top 25 Companies to Work for. If you’re talented, motivated and ready for a great career in the mortgage industry, check out our available positions here: https://careers-carringtonmh.icims.com/jobs/intro.

"Run as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Bankruptcy

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is great, insurance options great

Cons

Do not trust human resources they are not your confidant. Do not tell HR anything you don't want upper management knowing. Management does not have a clue of what they are doing, raises are based on favorites not job performance.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-07-11

August 8, 2019VP, Communications

Although we agree with you that our benefits package is great, we also think there’s a lot more to like about Carrington. There are a number of guiding principles that inform our conduct here at Carrington, and this one is especially important: “Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.” We’ll make sure your comments on manager interactions with associates are reviewed by senior leadership. Integrity is a serious subject at our company, and you can be sure that comments related to integrity is it relates to salary increases are taken seriously and will be looked into.

Found 212 reviews