Carrington Mortgage Services "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Carrington Mortgage Services Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 11 Jul 2019

2.6
Carrington Mortgage Services CEO Bruce Rose (no image)
Bruce Rose
Pros
  • "Decent pay and great benefits to help vets(in 16 reviews)

• "Above average pay, great benefits, and the opportunity for career advancement if you search for the opportunities(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k Match, expensive health insurance(in 17 reviews)

• "Certain members of upper management had absolutely no people management skills(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Pretty great pale to work"

Former Employee - Post Closing Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEO (Ray) actually answered emails and took suggestions Benefits package was great OT available but not mandatory

Cons

Upper management in California made it a little hard at the end before relocation.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-03-29

"Run as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Bankruptcy

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is great, insurance options great

Cons

Do not trust human resources they are not your confidant. Do not tell HR anything you don't want upper management knowing. Management does not have a clue of what they are doing, raises are based on favorites not job performance.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-07-11

"Very dishonest"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was very little to be positive about.

Cons

Management was extremely biased in how they handled employees. They were very dishonest in hiring process. Tell you a lot of opportunity was there, but that was not the case. In 9 months had to watch multiple layoffs, but they would just hire new at lower salaries. Certain members of upper management had absolutely no people management skills. I was disappointed and should not have left my previous job for this... place.

Carrington Mortgage Services2019-03-27

"Poor Management"

Former Contractor - Senior BI Developer in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services for more than 3 years

Pros

Very fast paced, can learn a lot but no appreciation from management

Cons

No vision or growth prospects planned by the upper management.

Carrington Mortgage Services2018-02-01

"Not the best place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

People I worked with, vacation hours, paid community service time, dress code

Cons

pay, upper management, didn't seem to have any loyalty to anyone

Carrington Mortgage Services2017-07-18
  6. "Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

CIO: I have been working in technology for more than 15 years. Carrington’s CIO is the only CIO I have seen that understands the business as well as many executives on the business side. It is so refreshing to see a CIO go to the whiteboard and actually draw business processes and talk about money flowing in our businesses. He is also happen to be a great communicator to the business. Translating technology... problems and solutions to the business so they can actually understand can be really difficult. I think he does a very good job on that. He also encourages the team not to be order takers from the business. We are here to provide solutions and solve the business problems not to just do exactly what is asked from us. If you are good at what you do he is a blast to work for. Challenging but Rewarding: Carrington IT is considered a shared services used by entire Carrington family of companies. This make things very challenging sometimes. These companies may have completely different priorities and managing all their requirements is not an easy task. But these challenges make the job we do more rewarding. There are times I go home on a Friday afternoon and think about the week behind me and feel proud that I pulled it off. It also helps me as an IT person to get the experience of working for a consultant company. Looking forward to the future: The CIO roadmap for 2017 is very exciting. I am a data person so I will focus on the data portion of his plan. We are going to work with business side by side and make the Carrington EDW the number one place to go to for everybody when they need data. It will be challenging no doubt about that. But something to look forward to. People are actually nice: I am yet to see a mean person in this place. Everyone has been very nice to me so far. We do have a friendly culture at Carrington. I know sometimes the business get really frustrated with us IT people. But for most part they communicate with us. The people I have worked with have been very frank and honest. They do talk to me about problems but at the same time open to changes and open to help out to make things better. Production support and comp days: Every place I have worked for I have been directly responsible for production support. This means I may need to wake up in the middle of the night or weekends and fix problems. Now you may think why I am listing this as a Pros. Well, Carrington IT is the only place that I can get a comp day for that. It is not promised to be there 100% of the time but for most of the time I can get a day off for 5 days of production support. I have never had seen that before. Holidays: We have more holidays here than most companies I worked for. Like Columbus day and president day.

Cons

Fire Fighting: Carrington used to be a much smaller company just few years ago. This means we grew really fast. Which means there are quite few processes that are not working as well as they used to before. So I feel like there are times we focus more on putting down the fire than finding the source and fixing the issue from its root No 401K: I was so surprised that a company as big as Carrington did not offer... 401K. The good news is that we are getting it this year in March. Change is not always easy: This is not specific to Carrington IT department. Change is always hard everywhere I worked at. So nothing new here. But to be fair the upper management are willing to listen. You don’t always get what you want to change though.

Advice to Management

Be more open to change. Focus more on fixing the root cause of the problems and less Band-Aids.

Carrington Mortgage Services2017-02-21
  7. "Growing company"

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services part-time

Pros

Decent pay and bonus opps.

Cons

Upper management needs to offer concise training .

Carrington Mortgage Services2016-12-16

"Great place"

Team Lead in Westfield, IN

I have been working at Carrington Mortgage Services for more than a year

Pros

Like the hours and work culture

Cons

No 401k! No clear direction from upper management

Carrington Mortgage Services2016-12-08

"Nightmare"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked that the underwriting, disclosure staff was in-house.

Cons

They were extremely top heavy too many chiefs, upper management was disconnected from what was happening in day to day activities, turn times, managing results, etc. Getting new programs approved was an extremely slow process. Upper management hired branch managers and would allow them free reign without caring if they were effective, efficient or even qualified. During my time there they hired a few awful branch... managers that cared only about taking the best deals for themselves, even if it meant pushing out a great L.O.

Advice to Management

Branch managers should be non-producing or be required to strictly self generate, they should be evaluated by upper management and upper management should listen to their L.O's.

Carrington Mortgage Services2016-05-16
  10. "avoid this place like a plague"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Carrington Mortgage Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nothing special compared to other IT companies, they may entice you with pay but you will have to give up a lot for it.

Cons

upper management from CIO down is terrible, there may be glowing reviews published by current management/HR to make them look good. please contact former employees through linked-in to get the right feedback. this is a very bad environment.

Advice to Management

fire yourself and hire competent people, remove sycophancy in IT/PMO.

Carrington Mortgage Services2016-01-21