Carrizo Oil & Gas Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Land Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The most interesting, diverse, and beneficial internship I have ever had. Good people, high values, competent and knowledgeable management, family values, common sense, hard working but laid back employees that do their job in a timely manner.

Cons

My only regret is that I don't work for Carrizo anymore.

2. "A brick wall for innovation and bright minds"

I have been working at Carrizo Oil & Gas full-time

Pros

Field superintendents and engineers are good to work with. Lots of learning opportunities. Benefits are generous but the salary is just okay.

Cons

Management is out of touch with what is really going on in their departments. There is toxic in-fighting and no effort toward team building. HR department is completely unhelpful. Large number of old-school employees who are completely resistant to change, which creates a brick wall for new ideas or better efficiency.

Employees don't see much advancement in title or salary. No cross training opportunities. Morale fell drastically after layoffs and the problem has not been addressed.

Advice to Management

Listen to and express appreciation for your hard working employees. Create a more positive working environment.

3. "Great Oilpatch Company with Texas emphasis"

I have been working at Carrizo Oil & Gas full-time

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, and small company feel.

Cons

Considerably disorganized at times, with a lack of leadership at some levels.

Advice to Management

Management and Directorship Roles need to be Leadership Roles.

4. "Executive Receptionist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas as a contractor

Pros

Hours of operation was good

Cons

Commute was terrible every single day

5. "Accounting"

Former Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas (More than 3 years)

Pros

By far, the most Generous Compensation structure of the E&P organizations I have been associated with.
    Great upper management who routinely structure the organizational assets for optimal profitability.
    Most employees are simply good people.
    I miss working there (I left voluntarily to work closer to home...I regret this decision).

Cons

360-Degree Review not implemented. 360-Degree Review would make sure the very best are rewarded for their contribution to their immediate team, department and organization as a whole.

Advice to Management

Implement 360-Degree Review and keep the course!

6. "Contract Petroleum Landman"

Former Contractor - Petroleum Landman in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Petroleum Landman in Austin, TX

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Paid on a regular basis and usually within 15 days of invoice submission.
    Easy to communicate with in-house land management with clear objectives and direction.
    No micromanagement of field personnel.
    Resilience in tough industry landscape.

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

7. "Review of CRZO"

Pros

Great people working there. Upper management very good and seems like they care.

Cons

I cannot share any cons regarding Carrizo that I can share at this time or on this platform.

Advice to Management

20 word minimum, 20 word minimum, 20 word minimum, 20 word minimum, 20 word minimum, 20 word minimum, 20 word minimum.

8. "Great co. Lots of good people"

Former Employee - Field Foreman in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Field Foreman in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Carrizo is a good co. To work for. Seems they have a heart for their employees. Good benefits and bonuses

Cons

As a whole, carrizo is a good company. But you have some very bad apples among you. The higher ups needs to hear both sides of the story before listing just to one side of the story. So before being one sided get the truth. After all it's been proven working under a desk only last for a short time.

Advice to Management

Your staff is what makes this co. Shine and as result you to. So get rid of the bad ones trying to be someone they are not.

9. "Great Company, management is clueless."

Former Contractor - Production Clerk in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Production Clerk in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great and the company is managed well from the business/financial aspect.

Cons

Management was NOT honest with me about the job description. It was very bait and switch. I was told one thing in my interview but my actual daily duties were not what was discussed. When I confronted my supervisor about this I was given the run around. 2 months later I was let go because "I didn't seem interested in the job", which of course was true because it wasn't the job I applied/interviewed for in the first place. My department was unnecessarily cut throat. Production techs behave as though they're on a trading floor...take it easy guys, you're just allocating. I attribute all of this to a toxic tone set by a frankly, inexperienced manager. He knew the trade, but nothing of managing and training a team and it shows through in the overall vibe set by him.

Advice to Management

Overall I think Carrizo is a great company to work for, I think my negative experience was fairly isolated to my situation. However if upper management doesn't do a better job of grooming mid management, there is going to be a high turn over rate come the big crew change. Be honest with job candidates about what the position entails.

10. "Land Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrizo Oil & Gas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is great and relaxed here. The company is very supportive of a work and home life balance. I have learned a lot from other workers as long as you are willing to see knowledge.

Cons

The compensation for me has not been that great, however, I know that it has been really great for other people.