KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 8 of over 532 reviews

4.9
Cars.com CEO & President Alex Vetter
Alex Vetter

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cars.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company culture

Jul 24, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cars.com has a great company culture. All the teams are more than happy to help in any way they can. The management at cars is one of my favorite parts about the company. Every manager is very supportive, helpful and motivating.

Cons

I don’t really have any cons. I’ve been with the company for a little over a year and a half and have really enjoyed it. Sometimes the job can be a little repetitive but overall it is great

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not what it was, but still ok

Jun 25, 2020 - Inside Sales Representative in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, set your own schedule, PTO

Cons

Too much influence from upper management below CEO. Driven by big shareholders

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fun culture, difficult customers, occasional training

Mar 5, 2013 - Inside Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, open door policy, ability to network at fun events.

Cons

Sales training is minimal- feel like your thrown in with the wolves- dealers are very difficult customers! I had a really hard time at first and see it with every new group of people. Although they hire salespeople with experience, they expect you to learn on your own time and on the job... When i first started, I often felt like I was practicing on my money since your territory is limited. I can only imagine how someone in the field must feel at first! No real promotion track. They want to keep you in sales - whether that’s outside (must move to other cities where no national affiliate is present) or management (which is limiting). But honestly, unless you want a big paycut, you should probably stay in some type of sales role.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Loved my Job at Cars

Jun 5, 2018 - Inside Digital Senior Media Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I want to thank Cars.com for giving me my first job on the corporate level. I learned so much from this job. I was promoted a few times, and loved most of the people I met there. The culture is great but young minded. Make sure you enjoy the 'young culture" before applying. The new office space is beautiful and they really thought of everything. Since going public the culture took a bit of a hit, but that is expected from a public company. I definitely miss the company as well as the people I worked with there. I can't recommend this company enough.

Cons

Growing pains from going public, too many managers and red tape to get promoted, some departments run in cliques, some a managed with the "good ole boy" mentality. Pay seems to be too low compared to other industries, they seriously need to look at salaries. I left for more money.

Cars.com Response

Cars Representative

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Cars.com. Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to us and for adding to our great company culture. Our fun and hardworking people, competitive benefits, and outstanding work/life flexibility are just a few of the reasons we are the successful company we are today. We want our employees to enjoy what they do and that also means to be compensated fairly. As a tech company in a highly competitive industry, we are constantly competing for top talent and offer compensation and benefits packages to match. Thank you for your feedback.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Inside Sales Manager

Apr 10, 2017 - Inside Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall good company, product and go to market strategy. Positive culture was the biggest pro, as I met some great friends.

Cons

Need to provide a more competitive salary, not in align with all the booming tech companies. Specifically, the base is very low.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Experience with a top brand

Jan 13, 2015 - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leader in the third-party automotive website space, offers great work/life balance., great place to gain experience

Cons

While great at promoting from within, sometimes they need a little fresh blood or outside perspective to gain an understanding of other products in the marketplace and the competition.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good People & Benefits

May 17, 2013 - Inside Sales in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome benefits, great perks, and they treat their employees well. We would even get kegs in the lunchroom when we had good sales months. Fun work atmosphere.

Cons

Hard to move up within the company. Very cliquey

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

great company to work for

Apr 2, 2017 - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

base is fair but commission structure is amazing opportunity for growth

Cons

base ay for field reps could be better. territory changes a lot no choice to pick where you want to sell into

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews