Find jobs for Regional Sales Manager

Found 10 of over 532 reviews

1.9
Cars.com CEO & President Alex Vetter
Alex Vetter

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cars.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

They take care of their people

Sep 23, 2019 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Typically has attracted very talented individuals and tons of learning opportunities. A lot of flexibility. Great product.

Cons

Important that you can adapt to change. I think overall jobs today require folks to be nimble and be ready for change at all times.

2. 2.0

What a shame

Apr 30, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to start career with and develop skills which you can carry to your next opportunity.

Cons

Culture over years has diminished to point where employee moral is non existent. The business may be in trouble with increased debt and increased declining dealer count year over year. This combined with increased competition taking more and more marketshare is a recipe for continued layoffs and contraction.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Do not waste your time!

Apr 29, 2020 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since they went public, there are none.

Cons

The culture at Cars used to be phenomenal and about the people. They are no longer concerned about the people, they are more concerned with the bottom line. This company is bleeding in revenue and have no idea how to manage their finances.

12 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Sinking Ship

Dec 13, 2018 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well known, but struggling brand.

Cons

Lack of strong leadership, poor vision and no sense of direction. At one point, Cars.com WAS a leader. Over time, the company has allowed competitors to gain a strong advantage in every possible way. The mantra seems to be "allow our competitors to be cutting edge and innovative - then try to follow in their footsteps." What was once a disruptive company has become a follower - often with very little success. If you listen to upper management, they'll convince you that we're "poised for great success" and "making changes for the better." Eventually, after hearing that for years, you stop believing it.

4 people found this review helpful

Cars Representative

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our vision and strategy for the future is clear, and our recent engagement survey results have shown that employees understand and feel good about it. We’re sorry to hear that not everyone feels that way. Thank you for sharing your feedback so that we can continue to improve.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jan 2, 2018 - Regional Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazing culture that started at the beginning and is still apparent

Cons

Sales in the Auto industry is very competitive

Cars Representative

We are glad that you are enjoying your time at Cars.com. We pride ourselves in our impressive employee base. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent in the Chicago Tech industry.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience.

Aug 6, 2017 - Regional Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management that wants to see you succeed. They believe in what they are doing and walk the talk. Dealerships like them.

Cons

Lots of coolaid drinking. If you are not familiar with the auto industry, you won't do well. If you are sinking, they will let you sink.

Director of Social

Thank you. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience working at Cars.com. We believe in the strength of our leadership team and the ability of our employees to impact change.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Regional Sales Manager

May 31, 2017 - Regional Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

very innovative company, stays current

Cons

does not take care of its people at all and the relationship with affiliate markets is horrible

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Experience

May 3, 2017 - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Cars.com for nearly four years and could not be more satisfied with my experience with the company. Cars.com employs some of the best people I have ever worked with and has a culture that is second to none. Cars.com also provides one of a kind career pathing opportunities for all of their employees. During my tenure I was able to experience four different roles within the sales department. I always felt empowered/supported by upper management and will cherish the nearly four years I spent with the company. I have and will continue to refer my friends to work for Cars.com.

Cons

My only con is that our office was a bit out dated but Cars is moving to a brand new state of the art building next month. This will make it even easier to win the war on talent in Chicago.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Regional Sales Manager

Apr 28, 2016 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment...awesome people and growing company.

Cons

Limited Growth Opportunity if you don't live in Chicago.

10. 4.0

Good Job

Jun 25, 2013 - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great stable company who's future looks to be bright with the right future execution.

Cons

There are alot of people who want to throw around there opinions and ideas and then most good ideas get overshadow by higher ups in senior management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews