KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Carta Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2022

Found 208 of over 247 reviews

4.1
Carta CEO Henry Ward (no image)
Henry Ward

What people are saying about Carta

Join the conversation on

Big Law

6m

an

Associate

What are we spending our bonuses on? I’m conflicted cuz I wanna be financially responsible blah blah blah and pay off loans but I also want a 3 carat diamond ring

97 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Carta and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company - good leadership

Jun 23, 2022 - Associate Fund Controller in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work at. Especially in the Fund Admin world.

Cons

No cons really. Pretty happy

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked Fund Administration

May 19, 2022 - Associate Fund Controller in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decently High salary for fund admin, good perks, equity grant

Cons

As an associate fund controller I was the primary point of contact for 15+ (Smaller) clients which lead to an unsustainable workload. They are hiring so quickly to keep up with growth but don’t invest in proper training, leaving those of us who prove ourselves competent to pick up the slack. This also led to high turnover. I was at Carta for under a year and know many others who left before a year as well. I felt that many of the fund controllers who I worked with that were senior to me were lacking technical knowledge and I didn’t have much oversight. My team emphasized work/life balance which is nice in theory, but I found whenever I took time off I would come back to a mountain of work and unanswered emails.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic place to be!

Jun 12, 2022 - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The approach they have on how every individual is a contributor, a valued owner who can speak up in a safe space is incredible.

Cons

A lot of slack and way too many tools to get job done efficiently.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Culture is great!

Jun 14, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team has great culture and leadership is always supportive.

Cons

It was hard to voice clients' concerns most of the times because the features requested isn't aligned with the business plan that the leadership has.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee

Do Not Work Here !

Apr 22, 2022 - Support Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

None I can think of - stay away

Cons

- Management sets no clear expectations. There is no clear communication between teams. There is constant change that is not being communicated correctly and therefore the change reduces productivity - Executives do not care about their employees. CEO is hell-bent on returning to office despite facing major backlash from employees - There is no salary negotiation and no upward mobility. The only reward for doing a good job? You get to do other people's jobs too - There is no type of flexibility. They give you a schedule with timed bathroom breaks and lunches. Ridiculous. Oh, and you can't take PTO if anyone else is out that day. Reminds me a lot of high school - They expect you to arrive 20 minutes before your shift everyday for a customer service role. What a joke. Not to mention the compensation and recognition is subpar. They think occasionally throwing $25 in Doordash credit will fix the issue - They expect you to give them all of your time - blatant disrespect for lack of work-life balance and when you try to stand up for yourself, they guilt trip you into being complacent

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Open and autonomous leadership

May 1, 2022 - Engineering Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership are open in discussing state of the company. People are helpful and nice. Trying really hard to establish the culture.

Cons

Reorg are often and sometimes plans are not properly established. Technical team is quite young.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Kindness, transparency and ownership

Mar 11, 2022 - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The emphasis on kindness, transparency, ownership are values that attracted me to Carta in the first place. I've found that the company works to re-enforce these values from the top down. My voice has been dismissed in previous roles, or others have taken credit for my work, but at Carta, I see my teammates giving credit where it is due, celebrating each other, listening, and taking action on feedback. Henry Ward is open, honest, and does their best to improve and grow while balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the business. I do not always agree with the decisions of Henry or leadership, but I appreciate that they keep us informed and hear us out. The private equity space is an exciting and interesting domain.

Cons

As with other fast growing companies, there's a lot of changes and ambiguity to navigate

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Job I ever had

Jun 1, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture. My favorite place to date

Cons

needs more career development in. my opinion.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Bad Experience

Jun 20, 2022 - Manager, Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of smart people and $800M war chest

Cons

Daily chaos, poor management, rotten culture

10. 5.0

Nice company

Jun 3, 2022 - Support Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work environment and growth

Cons

I don't see any cons right now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Reviews

Carta Reviews FAQs

Carta has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 247 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Carta to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Carta employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Carta. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

77% of Carta employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Carta 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Carta to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Carta Job Seekers