KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Carter Healthcare, Incorporated Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 193 of over 193 reviews

3.6
Carter Healthcare, Incorporated President and Chief Information Officer  Justin Carter  (no image)
Justin Carter
1 Rating

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Carter Healthcare, Incorporated and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jun 28, 2022 - Account Executive in Del Rio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, friendly, incentive driven, teamwork

Cons

Poor patient demographic, no company car

Public Relations

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are especially glad to read about the collaborative working environment you describe. Home healthcare is certainly different than patient care in a hospital or nursing facility, since you're being invited into patients' homes. Seeing how our patients live and, in many cases, getting to know their family members often leads to an even deeper understanding of their unique healthcare needs. Regarding our company vehicle policy, the number of company vehicles is limited. Vehicles are assigned according to a variety of factors, the most important being number of miles driven. If you have questions about the policy or want to know if you might be considered for a company vehicle in the future, please reach out to HR. Thank you again for your feedback and for helping people live better lives every day!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Cut pay in half with no notice effective immediately

Aug 6, 2022 - Physical Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff was nice. Really liked the co workers and they kept me busy

Cons

The only one that needs saying, they cut pay in half and it was effective immediately

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your review of our company. We have not made any changes to pay rates for anyone in our company, so the pay cut you are referencing is likely due to a change in the amount of visits available. As a company, we will always provide the appropriate amount of visits based on individual patient needs, but in addition we compare ourselves with industry standards to ensure we are consistent with CMS norms. Our point of care technology has insights that will give clinicians an idea of similarly diagnosed patients and how the industry is caring for them. This technology allows for you to always have an idea of the amount of visits that is appropriate, of course taking individual needs into consideration.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good job but let go without notice

May 25, 2022 - Physical Therapist in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, benefits, pay, support staff, people

Cons

Will let you go if business drops, large coverage areas, low mileage reimbursement

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are sorry you feel you weren't given proper notice in an area that was experiencing a drop in census. You may have experienced an increased coverage area to assist your case load with the fluctuation in visits. In addition, as the price for gas has increased, we have reflected that in our reimbursement. Thank you for serving our company and our patients during your time here. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Autonomy and flexibility

Mar 23, 2022 - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay per visit, company car, great communication!

Cons

Patient load is not consistent

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for reviewing us! We appreciate the honest feedback and are working to provide all employees with consistent caseloads. We hope that our transition to WellSky will assist with transparency and make it easier for you to complete visits in the field. Thank you for providing such great care to our patients. We appreciate you!

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

nb

Apr 28, 2022 - Director of Nursing in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training and mentoring programs available upon hire.

Cons

Management does not care about their clinicians. Many suffer from burnout and leave before the year.

Public Relations

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We value all of our employees and strive to provide them with the best working environment so that they, in turn, can provide our patients with the best care. We would appreciate hearing any ideas you have for preventing clinician burnout!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are nice people, good job and good salary

Cons

Can see it going downhill

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for reviewing our company! I appreciate the honest feedback and am glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Our employees are our best asset, so it is wonderful that you had a great experience. We are doing many things to secure our market share in the states we inhabit, one of which is switching to a software (WellSky) that allows ease of education for our field staff. We invest back into our company and our people everyday and are very much here to stay. Thank you for your commitment to our company while you were here with us, and I wish you the very best in your future endeavors!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good RN job

Feb 20, 2022 - RN Case Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules and good pay.

Cons

Will require travel and on-call weekends/afterhours

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your review of Carter Healthcare! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are sad to lose an RN with such longevity with us, but wish you the best in the future. We hope you know you always have a place with us!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best place I have worked

Aug 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here through the pandemic and have seen friends of mine suffer at the expense of their company's response. I think Carter has done a great job trying to keep our employees and patients safe during this time. I have seen everyone at Corporate put in long hours to make sure all employees are taken care of and informed. I think they lead with integrity and have the employees' best interests at heart.

Cons

Communication can always be better, but I also think COVID helped with that as well. We have better communication with our field offices. I would like to know more about where the company plans to go once everything settles down after COVID.

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your dedication to our company and encourage you to let us know if there is anything we can improve upon in the future.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Large unorganized workload with little to no staffing

Nov 22, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patient visits were the highlight of the job as it felt great to provide in home care to those in need

Cons

-During the 6 months I worked here I was salaried for 45 hours a week but would have 80 hours of work to complete -Patient scheduling was unorganized and often new patients would appear on list the next day after already scheduling appointments the previous day with others -Driving up to 1000 miles each week -No home/work life balance -dangerously inadequate staffing, continuous acceptance of new patients when there were not enough staff to see them - Staffing so abysmal and small that upper management would have to make visits to cover patient workload instead of being in office and able to help other staff

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your review. We are aware that staffing in some areas is challenging and are proud that we have managers willing to get out in the field to assist, while also managing their respective territories. We are sorry you saw this as a negative rather than a positive commitment from management to assist wherever needed. Please know that our patients are our top priority and the decisions we make regard them first and foremost. If you feel we did not consistently demonstrate this, please call our corporate compliance officer at our corporate office, or submit an anonymous report on our website. Thank you again for your review and your participation in caring for our patients the six months that you were here.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horribly corrupt.

Feb 18, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were no pros working here.

Cons

Was asked by my director to see the grey areas of proper patient care. Constantly leaving patients on care longer than they needed. Literal Medicare fraud!!! Crazy rules and the culture was to worship the CEO. Limits amounts of things you can have on your desk!! Just overall very corrupt. Stay away. You’re at risk of losing your registration in my opinion.

Chief Operating Officer

Hello and thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry you did not enjoy your time here. We abide by all CMS regulations, are surveyed by the states regularly, and have been accredited by the Joint Commission for more than 25 years. We pride ourselves in providing the best quality of care and rely on both our internal staff and third party entities to certify that is being completed. Our certified coders are clinicians that review all documentation submitted to our payers, and we maintain a higher-than-average denial claim rate due to the quality of our coders and our field staff. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 193 Reviews

Carter Healthcare, Incorporated Reviews FAQs

Carter Healthcare, Incorporated has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 193 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Carter Healthcare, Incorporated to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Carter Healthcare, Incorporated employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Carter Healthcare, Incorporated. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

67% of Carter Healthcare, Incorporated employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Carter Healthcare, Incorporated 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Carter Healthcare, Incorporated to be career development, management, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, benefits.

Popular Careers with Carter Healthcare, Incorporated Job Seekers