Carter & Clark Reviews

1. 5.0

Fantastic People, Cutting Edge technology

Apr 26, 2021 - CAD Technician in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

tightly knit teams of employees, promotes from within the company, a business casual work environment with a gym in house, and an amazing leadership team!

Cons

very few cons come to mind... but a larger fridge in the break room isn't a bad idea.... maybe an espresso machine with a milk steamer lol

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

TERRIBLE ORGANIZATION TO WORK FOR..

Mar 24, 2021 - Account Manager in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amenities such as gym, kitchen, and architectural design of the building.

Cons

-Undertones of RACISM and discrimination in office. - Company has false representation of women empowerment but is truly gossip central and a TOXIC ENVIRONMENT to work in. -DISORGANIZED and poorly ran.. constant fires that you'll have to deal with. -NO PERSONAL LIFE AT THIS OFFICE -Can never trust anyone and when you keep to yourself you still get thrown into the mix. -Company is poorly run by upper management who frankly shouldn't be given the titles. - Expectations are unrealistic in the hours, the PAY.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Progressive and Positive Workplace

Nov 9, 2020 - Management in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Female Leadership, Technology-Centric, Work/Life Balance, Friendly

Cons

Since cons are required: Location in Gwinnett may make it harder to capture talent from throughout metro-Atlanta, but the office is beautiful, comfortable, and easy to access from I-85.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

An Embarrassment to Work Here

Oct 15, 2020 - Former Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some employees, location, plenty of parking

Cons

Most employees, the office, work environment, communication, unimportance, immature management, lack of morals, training

CEO

This review is perplexing, as no one with 2+ years of tenure has left Carter+Clark since 2016. So it's surprising you waited 4 years to write a review. Since 2016, we have grown tremendously. In 2020, our employees voted us a "Best Places to Work" company because of our care and compassion for our team. In addition to a super nice workspace for everyone, we now provide a 100% 401k match up to 6% of salary, an onsite gym, onsite health care, 100% tuition reimbursement for education expenses, an employee assistance program, 2 weeks PTO upon hire, unlimited PTO for some roles, monthly birthday celebrations, company paid outings, etc. As to Covid, we were one of the first companies to provide the equipment and opportunity for all of our employees to work from home. Yes, it's true we have a huge number of employee referrals. It's an honor that so many people encourage their friends and family to also work here as it creates a sense of family. However, we work equally as hard to recruit A-players from outside the company. C+C has a strong culture of high performance and accountability. So, it's not a fit for everyone. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your time. I wish you the best.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fast paced job that is what you make it.

Oct 22, 2020 - Customer Service in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked for Carter and Clark for several years. Convenient home office location. Loved the majority of the staff and respected their work ethic. Most clients were great to work with and appreciative. Solid benefits (PTO and 401k match). Normal office hours. Rarely any weekend work. Fun company functions. Fair pay

Cons

Most jobs are fast paced and performance based with lots of new information to keep up with. Can be overwhelming at times. Sometimes long work days. You do not get annual raises just for being there. Take on more and prove your worth. If you can handle that, it’s worth it and you’ll succeed.

CEO

Thanks so much for your review. C+C is growing very fast. The housing market is booming so we are breaking records month after month. Listening to our team, we have drastically changed our philosophy on proactive hiring and now have a full-time recruiter. As such, we have filled 16+ positions already this year. The goal is to hire enough people that everyone can have the work-life balance our company strives to achieve.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I wouldn’t recommend it

Jan 16, 2021 - Anonymous in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was close to home

Cons

Not a great working atmosphere. Undertones of racism experienced.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Career Opportunity

Jul 3, 2019 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company to make a career with and not just a place to have a great job. If one is willing to put forth the time and energy, company will help you advance and thrive. Great group of people to work along side of every day. Company also provides a nice work environment and perks including extras that reward exceptional work.

Cons

Fast paced environment and problem solving skills required. Company holds employees to high standards across the board. For someone who is not focused and attentive to details, probably wouldn't be successful in this environment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative, Caring, Beautiful, Fun Place to work.

May 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

WORK is the keyword here, but not the only word. The office is an amazing, beautiful place to work, as the office was designed FOR the employee with small offstage area offices for the employees to stop and take a break or for a simple huddle room! The Core Values are held with the most utmost respect and were developed BY the employees! The managers interview, hire and fire using our core values and the employees are kept informed when any of those decisions are made. We always put the client’s needs at the center of what we do and are expected to take ownership of each and everything we do in a ridiculously responsive manner keeping in mind that everything we do is to help make others successful while having fun We really are a team and it is important to everyone that you have a friend at work. Employees are compensated very fairly and are kept up to date as we have a robust and continuously updated Intranet. Many, many benefits including a doctor that comes to the office if you are sick & regularly scheduled employee events, such as a masseuse that comes to the office, team outings such as Top Golf, Bowling, or just going out afterwork with your friends you make at the company. Everyone is very genuine and hardworking, putting in more than their fair share of work. The company uses the E.O.S. operating platform to help ensure we are working together as a team and being transparent to every level in every department. The CEO truly believes in finding out what you love and putting you into that role to leverage your strengths and loves ~ brilliant! Stacy is very innovative and has an entire Research and Development Department in place to ensure that we are the best of the best and are staying ahead of the competition, as the employees are also expected to keep up with their education and the industry. The company also offers tuition reimbursement, all forms of management training on and offsite as well as a 401K match. This is not only amazing but unheard of for an individually owned company!

Cons

Very, very fast paced and growing so quickly while at the same time developing new technology that the staff must be educated on then roll it out to our clients quickly all while keeping up with the booming industry can be overwhelming to the light of heart or those stuck in their old ways.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your kind comments. We work very hard to help our team build careers and that includes tuition reimbursement and loads of training. We are definitely a tech company and I share your excitement in having an R&D team develop our technology in-house.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

fast-pcaed, open work environment

May 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started at C&C at entry-level but quickly found out there are many opportunities to grow and develop here. You never really "run out" of things to do and there is always something new to learn and someone willing to teach you, even if it isn't necessarily in your department. Employees are encouraged to cross-train and are given first bid as new roles open within the company.

Cons

Traffic around the arena gets heavy on event days, including local graduations. It can also take awhile to get out of the parking lot in the afternoon...pretty standard for Duluth area.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career, Not just a job

Jun 19, 2019 - Production Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, collaborative environment, on-the- job training/ up-skilling (the company invests in you!)

Cons

The company is always trying to grow, innovate, and improve processes. If you don't love change, it can be hard. On the flip side, anyone's input is welcome so if you see something that is not working or that could be better, you can bring your suggestions to the table to be considered.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews