Cartera Commerce Senior Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Project Manager

2.0
Tom Beecher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Project Manager/Technical Account Manager/Scrum Master - Not a Good Career Choice"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lexington, MA

I worked at Cartera Commerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Cartera people are very social, considerate and the like to have fun. There is plenty if social activities, laughing, interaction, socially conscience and caring. (But the kitchen smells like fish :) )

Cons

Notice there is nothing about the job in PROS. Just about the people. The company is overly frustrating to work for. I was hired under borderline false pertinences and as much as I tried to implement and follow the rules from which I was hired, I was constantly following a bouncing ball, rule changes, personalities and power grabbing, etc. The management can’t make up their mind what to do, what development methodology to use and will pretty much lie and backstab people to protect their silos. There is no cooperation unless there is something in it for the individual manager and the good-of-the-company seems to be put on the back burner. There is one exception and she knows who she is. The company thinks they are agile but really, they are lethargic. They are stuck on silo mentality, old development standards, and old platforms. There are more ScrumButs then there are employees. If you are looking to advance a career in Project Management DO NOT work for Cartera.

Advice to Management

Management at the director level/VP level need to move on from just trying to please people and grow a set. Move away from the current design, move on from just saying “we do it” to actually doing it.