Cartier Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2020

3.6
Cartier CEO Cyrille Vigneron
Cyrille Vigneron

"Commission is poor, cut throat atmosphere, long hours, no two days off in a row"

in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier

Pros

can't think of any at all except clients were complaining, but okay. I was there before 2012, but not a choice under last year at employer

Cons

the "manager" of dept. always tried to steal my phone calls, saying I was gone. Commission is poor, cut throat atmosphere, no two days off in a row, LONG hours, did I say long hours! After work special events. Not a friendly place to work -for pittances.

Advice to Management

Get rid of cut throat manager in stationery or other

Cartier2016-04-29

"Amazing company"

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

If people with jewelry experience knew how amazing this company is to work for, no one would be working anywhere else! The benefits are amazing, they even do your dry cleaning for you!

Cons

Be prepared to work at a pace that you didn't think was possible. It is busier than you would imagine and there is no, none, never any down time.

Cartier2015-12-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Horrible clients, depressing environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers, good benefits, good time off.

Cons

Despite the beautiful jewelry, it is a rather depressing environment. I would go into work every day feeling like my insides were going to explode. The clients were the most terrible people I've ever met in my life. They were constantly screaming at us, swearing, and putting us down in terms I can't even write on here. The management would never stick up for their co-workers. The blame was always placed on what we did wrong even when the client was completely unreasonable and offensive. I'm pretty sure the 5 star reviews on here were written by management. It is a very fake facade that these people hide behind. There are so many wonderful people that work there, but they are never given the opportunity to advance even when they want it. There are very limited opportunities for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the option to grow with the company if they show interest and enthusiasm. Be there for your employees as mentors and friends instead of creating this imaginary wall where they can't come talk to you about anything.

Cartier2016-01-11

"Public Relations Intern"

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

The staff is very professional, but there is definitely an attitude at the office. There is an extreme dress code in the boutique.

Cons

Some of the staff is disorganized and rely too heavily on assistants to process their work for them.

Advice to Management

Allow internships to be for students while in school, not just full time after they have graduated.

Cartier2015-12-01

"Varies by department"

I have been working at Cartier

Pros

Prestige of a luxury brand Inconsistencies between departments makes it difficult to comment.

Cons

Inconsistencies between departments makes it difficult to comment.

Cartier2015-12-03

"Great company/history, poor management."

Former Employee - Services Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, demanding, meet lots of people. Jewelry is a work of art. Stable company lots of commission based incentives, and lots of ways to increase industry knowledge.

Cons

Management is prone to the good 'ol boy system. No advancements to corporate unless you are french. High demand to make quota EVERYTHING must be perfect.. no exceptions

Advice to Management

Do not use annual reviews as way way to keep employee salary down. Promote from within instead of having good people train ignorant management.

Cartier2015-09-11
  8. "Wonderful company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Macomb, MI

I worked at Cartier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Excellent pay and benefits. Unmatched history.

Cons

Long hours - but that's retail.

Cartier2015-08-28

"Cartier was one of the most exciting and challenging positions where I learned amazing customer care techniques ."

Former Employee - AFTER SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent compensation for your efforts Wonderful discounts on their stunning merchandise.

Cons

It was challenging to provide the customer service, under some of the time constraints .

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees ideas, they are interfacing with all of the clients all of the time.

Cartier2015-08-14

"Incredible jewelry maison"

in New York, NY

I have been working at Cartier for more than 3 years

Pros

Cartier has an inspiring history and the artisans who make the watches, jewelry and accessories are incredibly talented. The creations are works of art.

Cons

Working in the north american office, you are completely micro managed by head quarters in Paris. They control and limit initiatives which is extremely discouraging. We do not get all national holidays however the French offices have a surplus of holidays and vacation which is extremely discouraging. There is an unrealistic expectation for perfection.

Advice to Management

Give employees national holidays. Prioritize key projects instead of saying yes to everything and expecting perfection for employees. We are human.

Cartier2015-06-26
  11. "Great company"

Current Employee - Cartier in Miami, FL

I have been working at Cartier full-time for less than a year

Pros

Give a lot of responsibilities

Cons

The international mobility is not well implemented

Advice to Management

more trainings

Cartier2015-06-05