Casa Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

"Principal Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thought of writing this review after reading a lot of negative reviews about this awesome company. When I got offer from this company I had read the reviews here and was in a confusion whether to join or not. But I thought of giving it a try, which I think the best decision I made in the last few years. Below are the positives working for this company according to me:
    1) Prove your ability in your areas of expertise.
    2) Work hard
    3) Once you are proven, you will get the opportunity to go beyond what you actually dream.
    4) The management is really supportive​ to achieve your dreams
    5) Industry standard salary package
    6) CEO and other management executives are very well aware of the contributions of a lower level employee.
    7) Great knowledgeable people around
    8) Good health insurance

Cons

1) Operates in startup mode even after 15 years, I guess it is time to have some quality processes in place.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate

2. "Startup culture"

Current Employee - S/W Engineer in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - S/W Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of challenge, cool technology, great people to work with and for. Very innovative, and cutting edge designs. Currently kicking other major competitors in the marketplace.

Cons

Having a,hard time growing the company's management... still needs a lot of process management. software release process appears to be chaotic.

Advice to Management

Need to transform from 600 person startup to a,more process driven mature company.

3. "Excellent Company to Work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Casa Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Casa for almost a year now and have waited to write this review to be sure I had enough time invested in order to give an honest and accurate review. After reading some of the reviews I was quite disappointed to see some negativity regarding "poor management" and "sweat shop". Based upon my experience thus far with management I truly feel they work very hard to accomedate their employees and to assist them as quickly as possible.

For me personally, my boss has been very understanding, accomedating, caring and honestly one of the best bosses I've had, ever. Everyone in the company is extremely nice and friendly as well which is really nice to be around.

The benefits are EXCELLENT, people are super nice, always fun activities for employees to take part of during the day to unwind for a bit (cornhole, basketball, ping pong, volleyball, etc). The company has free lunch every Friday and also has different restaurants "Fooda" onsite 2x a week! They also provide snacks, an assortment of sodas, coffee, oatmeal, breakfast bars, etc. fully stocked at all times in ALL break rooms on EACH floor!!

The company has grown rapidly very quickly and has been working hard to try and keep employees happy by implementing new ideas and perks to add for employees to enjoy while being at work.

I am very happy working at Casa and believe it is definitely a place that will allow you growth. Hard work does not go unrecognized.

Cons

I believe that allowing employees to have flexible work hours will promote an even better work/life balance then what Casa already provides, otherwise, I have nothing negative to say thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Engineering company struggling with management"

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous pay structure, privately owned.

Cons

Rigid schedule (9:00 to 6:00 with an hour for lunch). Engineering managers are rewarded for their individual contributions as engineers, and not measured at all on the performance of their teams.

Advice to Management

Develop real management practices and structures.

5. "SE MANAGER"

Current Employee - SE Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - SE Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Entrepreneurial spirit inside. Very innovative and talented people.

Cons

We have some growing pains as we grow our customer base and revenue.

Advice to Management

Keep Hiring top talent

"Terrible company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Andover, MA

Pros

Great technology, Good people, Close to major highways.. Fast pace

Cons

Horrible work hours, sweat shop, Managers are clue less, too many Chinese and Indians

Advice to Management

Become more American company

"principal engineee"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Andover, MA

I worked at Casa Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

interesting work, good engineers/people, friday lunches, nice holiday/birthday gifts

Cons

sweat-shop, tyrannical senior technical management, seat-of-the-pants engineering results in poor quality, major Chinese/American cultural/language barriers

Advice to Management

Let your senior engineers do a thorough job, don't cut corners.

"Very Happy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Casa-Systems not too long ago, but so far I enjoy my time here. The company is growing at a rapid rate, and everyone is always busy and hard at work (including myself) and I love running around and having a consistent list of projects and work to do. Though everyone can get stressed at times, you'll find that at any company. What separates Casa are the employees' ability to smile throughout the stress. One way or another, everyone truly loves what they do. My department especially jives really well, and I truly feel like I'm a part of a team. They also have great benefits and employee activities to blow off some work steam and get everyone together every now and then. I don't have a strong opinion at the moment because I'm still new and I make job-based opinions on what my worst days are like, not my best.

Cons

I came from a very small, less resourceful company, so this is my first time working at a company of this size. I don't have any cons, or advice to management as of yet, but I'm still knew and learning the ropes, so I'm sure I'll come up with something in due time.

"Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Massachusetts in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Massachusetts in Andover, MA

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People here are great and very smart. Highly diverse group. The company is doing very well. Management has set the bar high and so far their technology vision has paid off. Everyone that I know works very hard to contribute to our success. Company is hiring very quickly to feed the growth.
    Environment is no different from any other fast growth fast fast track tech company.

Cons

Typical growth pains. Unlike very large companies, where some people can slide by. Everyone here is doing their share and more. Success comes at a price!

Advice to Management

It is hard to lead in this kind of fast track company. You need to stop and listen more to employee suggestions and concerns. Balance is the key to attracting and keeping good people.

"Love the Energy - Pro Diversity - Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Andover, MA

I have been working at Casa Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are dedicated and very smart.
    Fast growing, highly relevant, high energy work place.
    CEO/Executive management team genuinely cares about technology and people.
    Great work/Life balance.
    Great Benefits: Stock options, 401k matching, good medical benefits, liberal vacation time, yearly bonus, weekly free lunch, yearly birthday gifts, summer outgoing for employee/family, winter get-together/mingling party.

Cons

There are some growing pains as company gets larger and there are times we may be short staffed, but everyone pulls together to accomplish the job.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward your employees well. Keep driving new innovations.