Cascade Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Cascade Corporation Reviews

3.8
Cascade Corporation President, CEO, and Director Bob Warren Jr.
Bob Warren Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A good company to retire from."

Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Portland, OR

Pros

The pay is one very good reason to work for Cascade. I have compared with other companys, and the only other company that I know of that pays better would be Boeing. We are payed on salary so we have payed sick days. We also get a monthly bonus. They call it a Production Incentive Program (PIP). It is a percentage of our monthly base pay depending on where we came in on our monthly budget. Other things come into play aswell, including overtime, scrap, rework, how many days in the month, stuff like that.
            Time off is the other nice point of Cascade. After 15 years I have 4 weeks (160 hrs) vacation time a year. They also have a christmas shut down from christmas eve till the day after new year.

Cons

management is the only downside to this company. At times they don't treat employees the same. Some get treated better some get treated worse, but I guess thats a typical company right? I mean all the different personalitys. I have seen people get repramanded differently for the same offense though.

Advice to Management

To just do what Bob Warren Senior did as a owner of the company and how he treated his employees.

2. "Current Employee"

Pros

Casual and friendly work environment

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

3. "Good place to work, very convenient."

Pros

Great people, work life balance is good. Nice atmosphere to spend your days.

Cons

Promotion and raise structure can be chaotic. Corporate rigmarole can be overwhelming and prevent progress.

Advice to Management

Reward employees when goals are met. The standard cost of living raise is nice but there should be a more defined pay structure in place.

4. "Cold work environment"

I worked at Cascade Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed and quiet work atmosphere (in the office)
    - Orientation went fairly smooth
    - Pay was decent

Cons

- Not really a warm, upbuilding work atmosphere (from my experience)
    - A bit cliquey
    - Not genuinely warmly welcomed. A bit on the "fake" side when greeted.
    - Quiet work atmosphere around the office, but too quiet for my taste.
    - I didn't click with my supervisor who seemed to treat me as if I don't even know how to use a computer
    - I didn't have a "team comradery" feeling working there with most of my fellow officemates.

Maybe this is a good place for some people to work, so I am not going to be overly critical and say "don't work here." Maybe I just wasn't a good organizational fit. I almost immediately felt undignified and incompetent from the very beginning. I believe this affected my work quality. Almost immediately, I felt disconnected and disinterested in the future of my employment there and didn't really look forward to going to work in the morning.

Advice to Management

Build a more positive work atmosphere in the office.

5. "actual"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Cascade Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady and busy workplace.

Cons

Management do not ear employees. No union