- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- - Utah
- - Salt Lake City, UT Area
- - Salt Lake City, UT
- - Provo, UT Area
- - Pleasant Grove, UT
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Park Ridge, IL
- - Idaho
- - Boise, ID Area
- - Boise, ID
- - California
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - San Diego, CA
Found 33 of over 34 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Oct 4, 2022 - Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The leaders really care about every team member. They have an open door policy that's real. They encourage you to communicate to anyone in the company directly. Cascade focuses on transforming industry through energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction. People are here because of that mission, and because of the company culture.
Can we slow to evolve the strategy. Can over-analyze things at times. May need to grow faster to provide growth paths for everyone.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 26, 2022 - Program EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people who want to do the right thing.
Challenging to truly serve customers in some territories due to complex utility-facility priorities.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 2, 2022 - Project Engineer II in Pleasant Grove, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people. Meaningful work. Good work life balance and culture.
Salary is low for engineering.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 17, 2022 - Project EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Extremely talented and knowledgeable group of engineers and technicians. Lots of opportunity for hands-on work and travel.
None that come to mind.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Jun 2, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Values first approach to business Flexibility and work-life balance Doing work that is making a difference for the world Employee ownership model
No real cons to share
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 9, 2022 - Senior Project Engineer in San Diego, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Small feeling company culture with tight-knit, welcoming colleagues -Sets high bar for quality work, with everyone working to be better and constantly learning -Very transparent leadership with good team autonomy. No obnoxious bureaucracy like some larger companies. -Great work/life balance, with a lot of flexibility -Amazing benefits with a bonus each year, 401k automatic contribution, HSA contributions, and now employee ownership stock
-Constantly growing, which is good in a lot of ways, but can also lead to some growing pains -Onboarding for many roles is still in development -With the smaller company, opportunities for growth are more limitedContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 7, 2022 - Program Delivery ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture - full of people who really "walk the walk" and demonstrate the company's values of doing the right thing, and working collaboratively. The leadership team actively seeks feedback from employees. I've had the opportunity to grow a lot professionally in a relatively short period of time. Because Cascade is a smaller company than some others in the industry, there's opportunity to wear multiple hats, and space to try out your ideas.
None that I can think of.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cascade Energy is a rare find-- a good company that cares about its employees and has a great mission. We really want to make the world a better place by helping businesses save energy. Our company goal is not profit-based-- it is energy-saving based! I have enjoyed working with very smart people to make important changes happen to the industrial sector.
Some growing pains as we expand across the country and take on lots of new work.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 28, 2022 - Project EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I don't even know where to start, but everything that was wrong with my previous companies Cascade seems to be doing right. The work is interesting and challenging. Leadership walks the talk when it comes to company values and the values are actually applied and not just some words on a piece of paper. The best part is the huge emphasis on actual work life balance. My boss frequently checks in with me and my team to make sure that we have a balanced workload and are not burning out.
Cascade is a smaller company in a niche area of work with a fairly flat organizational structure so if you are a high flying super driven individual that desires many opportunities this may not be the place for you.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 28, 2022 - Program Delivery ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good PRO/sick leave policy and flexible work schedule. Company is committed to operating according to stated values. Company transitioned well to WFH and remains flexible in that regard.
Programs are siloed which makes continuous improvement a challenge, particularly in more established programs.Continue reading
Cascade Energy Reviews FAQs
Cascade Energy has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 34 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Cascade Energy to a friend and 98% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
100% of Cascade Energy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cascade Energy 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.