Cascade Microtech Reviews | Glassdoor

Cascade Microtech Reviews

Mike Slessor

1. "chaotic and "we've always done it this way""

Former Employee - Accountant in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Accountant in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Cascade Microtech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging - if you like it. I did to some extend. I held as long as I though it was worth it, learned a lot.

Cons

Very challenging due to old accounting system and old philosophy. Improvements were literally not possible due to a single employee bully. A lot of re-work, no SWIs, no support/communication from other departments. I hear that employee is still there so more of the same?

Advice to Management

think kaizen, people. it's time.

2. "Great people, great culture, management improving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Pros

The people are great and lower management really seems to care about their employees. Having a life is acceptable, and the environment is also a concern. The company regularly helps contribute to charity events with time and money and encourages employees to be a benefit to the community. The HR department is also great. The HR director is really trying but he's got a hard situation to handle.

Cons

You never know if you are going to be laid off and whether the company is doing well or not. It's not OK when you have no idea how things are going.

Advice to Management

Don't lay people off without warning and let people know who left (gossip is a bad way to let people know what's going on). Let people know how the company is doing between quarters. The new CEO is doing better, though.