Cascade Microtech Reviews | Glassdoor

Cascade Microtech Reviews

5.0
Mike Slessor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company, New Regime tough but fair"

Current Employee - Technician in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Technician in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Cascade Microtech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has changed over the last two years since I started working here years ago. The new regime, specifically in manufacturing, has been putting new policies and procedures in place which is helping move our company from a small, family owned business to a mid-large sized corporation. It was tough for me to accept at first, as what I had come to know was changing drastically. The new factory manager told us he had an open door policy and to bring up any concerns. After speaking with him personally, in what he called a 1 on 1? he explained the his vision and mission to me. It was refreshing to finally have some transparency, but conversations like this need to happen more often with more people.

The Pros:
    People are held accountable for their actions and performance
    Development path for Technicians
    Much better training system
    Opportunities for improvement, but you need to make it known that you want to advance
    Work/Life Balance is great
    Pay has gotten much better
    Transparency has gotten much better

Cons

New Management has high expectations of their, which has been difficult to adjust to for tenured employees.
    Benefits are below average
    Loss of Small company culture

Advice to Management

Please have more face time with your technicians. Take more time to explain what the new vision and mission for the factories are in terms we understand and can relate to.

2. "Best Small Technology Company in Oregon"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Cascade Microtech full-time

Pros

- Cascade is a great technology company to work for, a hidden gem in the Silicon Forest of the Pacific Northwest. Lots of very smart people to work with and very hard problems to solve.
    - Good balance of leading edge technology + excellent work/life balance culture.
    - Products touch every aspect of our new digital world, future is very bright.

Cons

- Compensation is not as high as some of the other "tech giants" in the area.

Advice to Management

Dream Big. Stay Focused. Prepare for Success.

3. "Love the culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Cascade Microtech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am in accounting and I really enjoy it here. It's a culture where you can rely on everyone to get their work done accurately and on-time, and you're expected to do the same. The management is pretty hands off as long as you continue to get your work done, which makes for a great, low-stress environment. We also never miss celebrating a birthday or big occasion!

Besides just the working culture, we also have fun on the side. I personally, with 15-20 other players, enjoy playing foosball on breaks. There's great walking trails all around and during the summer, our complex backs right into a park with Frisbee golf! We always have pools for fantasy football or basketball, March Madness, and events throughout the year. There's an Events committee that puts on events like an ugly sweater contest, Blazer fan appreciation day, or reserving a conference room to stream the World Cup!

Tl;dr Tons of fun, and highly productive coworkers.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the shallow org structure that makes it difficult to move up. There are only a certain number of management spots, and there tends to be low turnover (which is nice, I guess, unless you want to move up).

Advice to Management

It would be nice to be able to stay connected to what is happening in the company more. To know how we're doing throughout the quarter compared to targets, how product development is going, and more general information about how the company is operating outside of whatever sphere you are in.

"A growth company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Cascade Microtech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and profitable. You can make a difference working there if you want to.

Cons

Cascade does not have its culture sorted out. It's currently a combination of many small company cultures that have yet to bind

Advice to Management

Lead with passion and continue to follow your growth strategy. It's working.

5. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

This is a little company on the way up. There is so much to do to help it grow that it is easy to have a big impact. I am also learning new things every day. The people are wonderful. There are no politics and there is a high level of trust.

Cons

If you want a company with really well defined processes and a lot of structure, this isn't the place for you.