Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Dr. Derald Walker
  1. "Skills Trainer"

Current Employee - Skills Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management cares and works with you, from corporate on down. They are inclusive and strive hard to make this a non-discriminating organization. The pay is good, the clients are amazing and the job is fun. I'm given a lot of autonomy, and I feel like I'm making a difference.

Cons

Some of the trainings have felt less than wonderful. There's just not enough time in the day to do everything you want to.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2018-09-18

"Overall, a positive experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PTO, Management, Co-workers, mission, values, company culture is welcoming and inclusive of all, or in my experience, certainly strives to be

Cons

Not a lot of room to expand into other areas of department I work in. This is mainly due to size and structure of dept. I'd love to see benefit options more affordable for family, but I also understand it's community health non-profit...what is there for the employee is really pretty good.

Advice to Management

I have a positive experience with management for the most part. Strength based focused and collaborative, problem solving, team oriented

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2018-06-26
  3. "Cascadia is great"

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great mission! New CMO and CFO are changing things for the better

Cons

They are working on raising people's wages but this will take another year or so for the admin people.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2018-02-01
  4. "The best company to work for"

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

This company cares about their employees, they understand life challenge's. If I ever move back to Oregon I will apply again. Thank you for all your support.

Cons

None, company is great and always take in your referrals

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Val

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-11-06

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Program Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare for more than 10 years

Pros

Phenomenal company, could not be happier with the vision of our leadership and the amazing work our professionals do for vulnerable people in the community.

Cons

Pay can't be competitive with hospitals, insurance or state jobs that are similar. However, this is getting better!

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-02-06

"Cascadia is a fantastic agency!"

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare for more than a year

Pros

Talented, dedicated, hard-working staff (line-staff to leadership). Very difficult work done by people who really care about our clients, the community and each other. Able to navigate growing pains thoughtfully. Cascadia is like a little town, with a variety of personalities, cultures and experience and it is inspiring to be part of a community, like Cascadia, that doesn't shy away from difficult situations or opportunities...

Cons

My cons are about society not providing enough funding and compassion to organizations like Cascadia who are on the front line working to improve individual lives of people suffering from mental illness and/or addiction and in doing so, Cascadia is strengthening the community. I find it appalling that groups like Cascadia and its community partners have to chase the same money leaving someone unable to provide necessary...

Advice to Management

Keep enhancing/strengthening communication (its making a difference!), keep focused on equity and inclusion (it matters, its relevant and we're grateful for this work), keep visiting sites and getting to know staff (we feel great when we see you!)... keep being innovative and courageous!

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2014-12-26

"I have grown here and feel supported by my supervisors and coworkers. The benefits are phenomenal / affordable medical and generous time off."

Current Employee - Residential Counselor II in Portland, OR

Pros

Benefits are very generous in the way of paid time off and excellent medical care. Double time paid on holidays, extra bonuses for working a double.

Cons

Well what to say in 20 words. Pay is competitive, even though this field pays notoriously low, but this agency still pays more than some others.

Advice to Management

Boundaries could be more clear in the role of harm reduction in order to create therapeutic value in the milieu.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2014-11-02
  8. "Hard job, but I loved it."

Current Employee - Program Manager II in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

staff, clients, lots of laughs and strong work bonds

Cons

difficult to maintain work/life balance, long hours, overworked staff

Advice to Management

raise the hourly rate to retain more staff and to bring new staff in,

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-06-24
  9. "Great PTO, bad mid-management and pay"

Former Employee - Residential Counselor

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The PTO can not be beat. It is the best around. The head office is nice and helpful.

Cons

Overstating in the wrong areas. Lacks proper pay. Hires worst candidates of sites. Lots of turnovers.

Advice to Management

To keep better management you need to pay the right people. Stop lowballing.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-02-19
  10. "Good work environment"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Portland, OR

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always looked forward to my shifts, enjoyed the ability to work at various locations with different clients

Cons

Mandatory staff meetings could be organized better

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-02-07