Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Dr. Derald Walker

"Former for a reason"

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

A foot in the door A way to get experience Training hours Rewarding work

Cons

Unhealthy work environment Severely underpaid Horrible direction Quick to shift blame to deny culpability

Advice to Management

Respect your employees time. Give them more support. If you can't pay a working wage, expect exhausted workers.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2017-04-28
  2. "One of the better agencies in Portland"

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

Cascadia is certainly trying get to the top of the market rate in terms of salaries.

Cons

Pay is low, as with any community mental health agency.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2017-02-01

"Former counselor"

Former Employee - Social Worker in Newberg, OR

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare

Pros

Caring co workers, supportive management, interesting work, rewarding, benefit package ok, paid mileage if using own car, good stepping stone in my career. Clients were great

Cons

Low pay, wish the benefits were a bit better, really only got COLA raises, not for merit. Not their fault it's community mental health so minimal funds.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2017-01-18
    • "Training Manager"

Former Employee - Instructional Design Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare for more than a year

Pros

Great, well-intentioned, management staff. Excellent cause pursued with the best intentions. My manager's boss knew what was going on and allowed me exposure to his level of the organization, so I got some recognition.

Cons

Had to make my manager look good without any hope that I might be promoted.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has subject matter expertise doesn't mean they'll be able to do a good job developing or administering training.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-11-30
    • "The best company to work for"

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time

Pros

This company cares about their employees, they understand life challenge's. If I ever move back to Oregon I will apply again. Thank you for all your support.

Cons

None, company is great and always take in your referrals

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Val

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-11-06

"Laughable"

Current Employee - Quality Mental Health Associate (QMHA)

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The clients are the only thing that make working at Cascadia worth it. This is a good stepping stone job; good for the resume, that's about it.

Cons

The frequency in which full time staff call out is to the point where all you can do is laugh in disbelief. There are literally moments where I wonder if Ashton Kutcher himself will jump out and tell me I'm being Punk'd, or maybe someone will pinch me and tell me that the company of Cascadia is actually just a nightmare & not reality. But then again, maybe I shouldn't have such high expectations of people when the...

Advice to Management

Take care of those who actually show up to work and strive to make a difference in the lives of those they work with. Actually do something to get rid of the people who take advantage of the company; something that negatively impacts not only the team morale, but is extremely detrimental to the clients as well.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-12-04
    • "Great company"

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare

Pros

Good pto, wonderful benefits

Cons

Pay is low, the amount of work expected for the pay is high.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-10-10
    • "CBHC"

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare

Pros

Great benefits packages, lots of opportunity for growth, plenty of chances for hours. Most coworkers are right on the same page as you are and care about the residents that you work with.

Cons

Fairly understaffed, lots of time it's agency workers who have to fill in shifts. Management is slow to fill positions.

Advice to Management

More involvement with staff development and creating a really solid 'team' feeling.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-09-26

"Cascade"

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare part-time

Pros

Cascade does have great pay and friendly coworkers. Most members of management are also friendly . Seiu is present.

Cons

Cascade does not offer enough training for this very specialized area of care, there is no security staff, staff are not well supported when injured by patients, many staff do not speak proficient English making communication very difficult at times. Very high staff turnover

Advice to Management

Implement a proper training and orientation. Provide security personnel

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-09-27

"unhealthy place to work"

Former Employee - LPC in Portland, OR

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I don't have many pros about Cascadia. Sometimes through the really bad services they provide people might get help. I worked in two of their programs and it was doubtful what mental health was provided. One pro is that from time to time they hire really great people who have a lot of talent and compassion in them. Sadly those people get burned out or realize they are not going to be allowed to provide competent services...

Cons

So many cons. As an employee offering mental health services, there is such a lack of oversight and real mental health happening. Employees are required to work long hours and have case loads that are honestly impossible to handle. When employees try to push back or get support they are often ridiculed or written up for their failures. Salary is also a joke. They messed with my salary so many times asking me each time...

Advice to Management

Actually show that you care about your employees. Stick up for them when you know too much is too much. Advocate for them. Also management needs to remember we are all a team. Mostly though they think they are higher up and act that way. Very superior and condescending.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-10-12