Casella Waste Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 7, 2016

Current Employees

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Casella Waste Systems Chairman and CEO; Chairman, Casella Waste Management John W. Casella
John W. Casella

1. "Stay Away!"

Current Employee - Heavy Equipment Operator in Stanley, NY
    Current Employee - Heavy Equipment Operator in Stanley, NY

I have been working at Casella Waste Systems full-time

Pros

There are absolutely NO Pro's to working for this company! Never seen a place with such a high turn-over rate and poor management (Senior Regional managers all the way down)!

Cons

They don't care about worker safety, hazards, or laws. They ignore pollution and turn their heads or hide it. Management is absolutely horrid, heartless, and callous. Managers do not set good role models. VERY low moral.

Wish I could rate them with ZERO stars, but have to give at least 1 star before the system will allow me to continue.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your management from the senior regional managers all the way down to site operations managers and start over! They are ruining your company! Can't be trusted...

2. "If you have other options take it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Casella Waste Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good. The commute is close.

Cons

Everything else. They don't value their employees at all. They feel they can replace anyone at anytime and definitely will... WITHOUT NOTICE!!! I've seen MANY past employees get blindsided for no real reason and either lose their job or keep them and make their days miserable.

Advice to Management

Start to value their employees.

3. "Second class citizen. Nobody does work. No mutual respect for coworkers."

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Casella Waste Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very simple. A trained ape could do this job. Boss buys lunch on Fridays. Not much else to note

Cons

Nobody comes to work. Ever. "Working from home" is frequent, but none of these people can ever be reached. No one respects my coworker and I because we are younger. Making the bare minimum and doing someone else's job who is salaried with benefits for no reason. Wasteful if you ask me.

Advice to Management

Know your employees and their jobs better. Know when your employees are working or "working from home". Respect employees enough to pay them fair wages.

5. "Rude and Disrespectful to Employees"

Pros

None at all. Short commute.

Cons

This company is sinking and it's showing through in how they treat their employees. They are on a crash course and treat people like they are trash, easily replaced. Total disregard for their families, lifestyles and happiness. Horrible work environment.

6. "If I could give zero stars I would"

Current Employee - Current Mid Level Manager
    Current Employee - Current Mid Level Manager

I have been working at Casella Waste Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well... which they have to just to trick anyone to work here.

Cons

The Regional and Corporate management in this company is all but that. They don't manage, they throw people under the bus and fire people randomly. You never really feel safe or valued in this company. It's just a horrible environment to work in. I dread coming to work to see who is throwing who under the bus today. Management doesn't care about anyone and while they have their heads up their you know what, they treat you like peasants.

Advice to Management

START OVER!!!

7. "Arrogant"

Pros

Dedicated employees, good benefits, and a passionate CEO.

Cons

Top down management, employees feel they have no voice with minimal if any reward for their hard work and efforts, and leaders who are chosen because of who they know, not because they are the best fit.

Advice to Management

Take some of the leadership advice you feed to your people. Put more effort in the selection process of your leaders so your hard working hourly employees can feel that pride they once had.