Casenet Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2021

Casenet CEO Sanjay Govil   (no image)
Sanjay Govil
Pros
  • "happy hour every Friday afternoon and free lunch every Wednesday(in 8 reviews)

• "They acknowledge that work-life balance was a real problem and are taking steps to fix that(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Discourage work from home but if you are in good with your manager then you can do it(in 4 reviews)

• "decision making is based too much on product management input and not enough on engineering(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Better work place

Mar 23, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, allow innovation

Cons

Benefits after change in management

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work/life balance. Great work culture.

Jan 21, 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The technology stack and tools used in the company are some of the best in the market. They pay attention to the market trends and latest versions of libraries and frameworks and try to update the product frequently. Slowly they are moving toward cloud-native and microservice architecture which is even better. The culture is amazing, thanks to an active employee engagement team. Work/life balance is great. On very rare occasions do we need to work on the weekends.

Cons

The company is short of QA resources, and more often than not, the sprint activities are bottlenecked by the QA testing stage. Need to recruit more QAs. Employee hard work needs to recognized and rewarded better, in terms of career advancement.

Vice President of Marketing

Thank you for your review and thoughtful advice. We are glad you are having a good experience at Casenet and appreciate the feedback about QA and job titles.

3. 1.0

Worst buyout ever

Apr 18, 2021 - Senior
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casenet people who remain are top-notch

Cons

Where to start. The benefits package is so poor it is running most people who were not laid off out of the company. This seems to be what Zyter wants. Among the technical folk, they don’t care about domain expertise; everyone is replaceable with someone from Zyter or Infinite in their estimation. Arrogant, unfeeling, immovable management. The worst buyout experience I could ever have imagined.

5 people found this review helpful

Vice President of Marketing

Thank you for sharing your concerns about the recent acquisition. It is our hope that as we get through the integration, our teams will be more and more excited about where our product is going and how it will benefit clients and their members.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent team-oriented environment, but concerned about new ownership (2021)

Feb 9, 2021 - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, smart, highly productive teams. Historically flexible work environment with plenty of opportunity for internal advancement and taking different roles within the company.

Cons

Recent sale of the company (early 2021), large layoffs, decreased benefits, and uncertain opportunities under the new ownership.

Vice President of Marketing

Thank you for your honest feedback. We understand that change brings uncertainty and that it will take time to fully integrate our teams. We hope you will stay with us for this journey.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Sadly going through takeover pains.

Mar 9, 2021 - Senior Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very helpful and knowledgeable folks at technical, product and management levels.

Cons

Huge monolithic product with maintenance pains

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Was gold mine for tech contractors run a dry

Feb 20, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork at low levels.

Cons

Sadly there is alot, it's weird to see all these good reviews but it's probably because most were part of the problem. To put it to bullet points. - Massive legacy platform. - voicing issues from a professional perspective won't go well people don't own there mistakes. - hackathon weekends as a way to get more bug fixes. - mistakes incompetency with knowledge... Don't put contractors in lead roles ( job security by complexity ).

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Recognition, Opportunities, Technology and Healthcare Domain

Feb 2, 2021 - QA Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its been recognized your hard work and always support from management. Its been supportive with technical and functional stand point of view. its very competitive and healthy environment working in Casenet.

Cons

Never felt any concerns working with Casenet

Vice President of Marketing

We are so glad you are having a good experience at Casenet!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Casenet was a great place to work

Feb 18, 2021 - Manager in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture that fostered pleasant working conditions and relationships.

Cons

A little behind the times from a technology perspective.

Vice President of Marketing

We are glad you have a good work experience at Casenet. We are excited about being acquired by a technology company so that we can work to enhance our platform and offer more to our customers.

9. 3.0

Decent place to work

Feb 24, 2021 - Vice President of Marketing in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, solid product, great benefits

Cons

Lots of change in recent months

10. 1.0

Getting Worse By The Day

Mar 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cannot think of any pros

Cons

People are leaving in droves. The people brought in by Zyter can’t get the job done. Casenet employees used to pick up the slack for contractors but they are stretched so thin and morale is so low that they can’t do it any more.

9 people found this review helpful