Casenet Reviews

3.8
Casenet Chief Executive Officer Peter Masanotti
Peter Masanotti
Pros
Cons
  • "Discourage work from home but if you are in good with your manager then you can do it(in 4 reviews)

• "Some long hours around releases or implementations but it's manageable(in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Casenet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great recruiting experience, quickly moved through screening phases and interviews, consistent status updates. Very friendly and helpful staff in Bedford.

Cons

Have not experienced a con:)

March 12, 2020Vice President of Marketing

We are so glad you are enjoying your experience at Casenet!

"Exodus has begun"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Casenet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, flexible work from home policy, nice co-workers.

Cons

I would echo the sentiments expressed by a previous reviewer. The current product "revamp" is nothing more than new HTML5 lipstick on the old monolithic pig. This was necessitated by the impending Flash end-of-life, and is turning out to be what a rushed job usually turns out to be. Developers are tired, frustrated, bored and not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Management knows the product being produced is not the best quality. Well, they are actually acknowledging that, and planning to ramp up the sustaining side of things to deal with the deluge of bugs and complaints that come from customers once this thing rolls out. Which, in turn means the outlook for the average dev is even more grim down the road. The result is what you would expect - high attrition and turnover. Smart devs are taking the first opportunity that comes their way and bailing.

March 12, 2020Vice President of Marketing

Thank you expressing your feelings about working at Casenet. We understand that it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel during crunch times. Still, we hope you are excited and proud of our new and improved product that not only uses advanced technology, but also providers a much improved user interface. As we look past the spring, we are committed to advancing not only TruCare, but also the technology that powers it, including development of a cloud-based product.

3. "Excellent and employee friendly organization"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Casenet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working hours, great work environment, very diverse cultures, friendly senior management.

Cons

Few disrved candidates were left as they were few years back as they were not outspoken or reach out for help.

March 12, 2020Vice President of Marketing

We are so glad you are enjoying your work at Casenet!

4. "First Round Experience"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Casenet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is super helpful with on-boarding. Really enjoyed flying into Boston for in-person orientation. I'm so exciting to be working on a team with seasoned Product Owner/Product Managers. Wework is the best, I enjoy everything about our suite. It's the coolest setup. Hope we stay in this building for a longtime. AND who doesn't love a good MACBook, I'm enjoying mine to the fullest. It's very helpful with the little perks MAC provides. I'm excited to work with our in-house developer team. It's refreshing to have your own team to bond and build new functionality. Being able to fly and work with team members in-person from time to time is definitely a great growth gel strategy. It is important for Product to stand solid and firm in order to be successful for out end users. I'm personally looking forward to my growth here with Casenet. I'm refreshed and eager to be all I can to help our team and company reach success.

Cons

Not too many. Only suggestion is to extend orientation to 2days or more. It's so much to do before flying back to assigned home office. Possibly working with a training team to create a document to capture passwords and/or breakdown of password templates. Just to assist with all the first week of log/password registrations.

Continue reading

"Effective interview process and onboarding – great start!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Casenet full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve had great experiences with CaseNet right from the start. In being fairly selective in my job search, CaseNet’s job description stood out. I liked that they were deliberate in the crafting of their description. They did not fluff up the description with filler or buzz words and the terminology chosen accurately described the role I’d be interviewing for. I was able to picture the role clearly based on the job description. When it came time to interview, this standard was upheld. Throughout the process of participating in the screener call, initial interview, and panel interview, the information shared went both ways and the questions asked were targeted. I didn’t have to spend time trying to obtain context or clarity; information needed was provided up front and subsequent questions were precise. This consistency told me more about the company than anything else. Even so, my research into Centene and CaseNet beforehand paid off when speaking with various stakeholders through the process. With close to a week in, that standard continues to be maintained. The product I’m working on is effectively a brand-new team in a brand new office. There’s a lot of room for misses in this type of environment based on my experience at other places. The level of professional competence I’ve witnessed is impressive. There are misses, but resolution or a clear plan to resolve is immediately put in place. That again tells me more about my new employer than any research I could do independently. CaseNet has the right priorities. They value what matters and let that which does not slide. They have smart, realistic people partnering toward shared goals. I’m happy to be part of their team and look forward to what lies ahead!

Cons

None really. See Pros. Even opportunities are strengths really. :)

6. "Good company"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Casenet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Some really good engineers to work with - Great work-life balance - Interview was very organized & interviewers very friendly.

Cons

- None that I could see till now

"Go for experience leave for career"

I have been working at Casenet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you get onto the right team there are good things happening. The people are all good to work with. They provide lunch on Wednesday but you should like pizza or finger sandwiches.

Cons

Discourage work from home but if you are in good with your manager then you can do it. They have slowly gotten cheap on Wed. lunch, and replaced old off-lease laptops with older refurbished models. If you are in the right clique you will do ok. Quoted by a senior manager, "President is very cheap with the money, like it comes directly out of his pocket."

Continue reading
  8. "Great company, great people"

5.0

I have been working at Casenet full-time

Pros

- Friendly and efficient interview process: From HR, management to the whole interview team, everyone is super friendly, helpful and supportive, which makes the challenging interview process a pleasant and rewarding experience. - Great company and friendly people: The company is growing fast and full of potential. The people here are very friendly and helpful. The office space is open and comfortable. The company location is convenient with free parking.

Cons

Nothing noticed at this point.

9. "Excellent Organization and Culture, Solid benefits."

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Bedford, MA

I have been working at Casenet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supporting management and work team, Life Insurance – Company paid, AD&D – Company Paid, Performance Unit Bonus Plan, Tuition reimbursement, Wellness Program, Flexible work schedule, Wednesday's lunch on company.

Cons

I haven't notice any major downside yet.

"Be forewarned"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, VT

I worked at Casenet full-time for less than a year

Pros

You're given pretty much as much time as you ask for to finish things, so expectations are relatively low, as long as you finish things when you say you will. The Vermont office is super chill and a great environment. I only made one trip to the main office. It is most definitely from another era, but seemed...fine? They're owned by Centene, who is enormous, so there's stability in that.

Cons

I worked on the TruCare (legacy) product. It's a 10 year old deployed monolith, and developing for it is about as you'd expect. There is an enormous amount of arcane knowledge about how and why it does things, and it will take you years to build a working body of it. In the mean time, your velocity will be like molasses, building and running locally will be a chore, and you will get to fight with configuration issues ad nauseum. The current frontend application is built with Apache Flex, an absurdly antiquated piece of technology (though a new one is in the works.) This is even supposing you get interesting work to do on it. A number of devs are currently spending large chunks of their time as QA testers. That doesn't mean working on the testing framework, that means some amount of test writing (using a dinosaur of a tool called Ranorex to hit the Flex frontend), as well as manual testing. Why the company is paying all these expensive people to do this, I have no idea. They do have several other initiatives, including a "next gen" version of the application, which I expressed quite a bit of interest in. Unfortunately, I was working out of the Vermont dev office (which had 5 people, so there goes my anonymity), and was told that only people in Bedford were able to work on it. This is especially frustrating, because the company sent out numerous messages asking for people to join. Speaking of Vermont: holy cow, the company needs to decide what's going on with it. I chose Casenet specifically because I wanted to be in Vermont, but not be remote. There is a lot of talk of dedicated teams and building the office, but right now it's basically a co-working space for remote employees. I never saw the investment of resources needed to change that. There is also an absurdly excessive amount of process and meetings. The fact that they are using WATERFALL is a sign that NextGen needs to be the priority, so that TruCare can be taken out back behind the woodshed.

Found 52 reviews